A preview of specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A preview of specs?

Well we know the game is using Unreal Engine 3, so is Bioshock, another game that's being hyped in it's own way. The specs were released for that:

Minimum System Requirements CPU - Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor System
    RAM - 1GB
    Video Card - Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).
    Sound Card - 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card Hard disc space - 8GB free space

Recommended System Requirements CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo processor System
    RAM - 2GB
    Video card - DX9 - Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better) / DX10 - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better
    Sound Card - Sound Blaster X-Fi series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

http://pc.ign.com/articles/802/802466p1.html

I think it spells a bit of preview for UT3 as well.

I think ut3 specs might be even a bit lower. Cause EPIC have sayd that 2006 year avarge home pc can run game well with normal reso and with high detail (AA and those filetrings are off) So dont worry folks.

Comment

Originally posted by theeDEATHMASTER View Post
      I think it spells a bit of preview for UT3 as well.
      Based on what, exactly?

Comment

Yeah the recommended specs here kinda scare me, but it's to be expected with next gen games.
        Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
        Based on what, exactly?
        Unreal Engine 3.

Comment

Those specs are pretty reasonable, I didn't expect any lower ones and UT3 should have kinda same requirements.
          Hope beginning E3 will bring some more details about that.

Comment

I think UT will need the higher specs because bioshock is a slow paced game, where as UT has to process allot and do it faster especially if ur playing bots like i do, also ur more likely to have more players on screen to render then the odd 1-4 you would face in bioshock

Comment

what bothers me is those min gpu's are both shader 3.0 cards. i thought i had read tim sweeney saying shader 2.0 would be supported? maybe it will for ut3, but it sux not for bioshock. dont plan on upgrading for awhile yet so thats a bummer.

Comment

Honestly, if your gaming PC isn't meeting those requirements, a console version would be a good choice.

The 360 has already proven it can produce fantastic visuals, as well as the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoudazo View Post
                  Honestly, if your gaming PC isn't meeting those requirements, a console version would be a good choice.

The 360 has already proven it can produce fantastic visuals, as well as the PS3.
                  honestly, upgrading would be a better choice. who the hell wants to play ut on a console? thats blasphemy.

Comment

If they aren't meeting those requirements, it won't run -_-

Comment

I think that specs will be much similar to Rainbow Six: Vegas, maybe a bit higher for vehicular gametypes because of open areas.
                      UT3 can't beat Crysis in hardware requirements, I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by nvrmor View Post
                        honestly, upgrading would be a better choice. who the hell wants to play ut on a console? thats blasphemy.
                        Since Epic changed its preference in game production to the consoles and porting it to the PC and, considering the fact that they want to introduce UT for the console players who don't play in PC games or even know anything about the Unreal Universe (don't abandon it, Epic, for God's sake!), there is a good market for UT in a console.

I'd play in a console, but only with USB mouse and keyboard.

Comment

How does a 4ghz single core with 2mb Cach and 1066Mhz FSB compare with those dual cores? (Intel 630 overclocked)

Comment

Working...
                          X