What do you think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think...

Alright, I know theres no official word on what system specs will run this game at highest possible settings, but based upon what you have all seen graphically exhibited in screens and videos, do you think the below system will be able to run UTIII at highest possible settings with a resolution of 2048x1530 or higher...

MOBO: Asus Striker Extreme
    CPU: Intel QX6800 Core2 Extreme Quad 2.93 (Overclocked to 3.4)
    RAM: 4GB DDR2 PC2-9200 1150Mhz OCZ XLC (Overclocked to 1250mhz, 2.4V)
    GPU: 2x XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra 768MB SLI (Overclocked to 685Mhz Core Each)
    SPU: SoundBlaster Fatal1ty
    PPU: Aegia Physx
    HD: 2x 10K RPM 150GB Raptors (RAID-0)
    Cooling: Water-cooled RAM, CPU, GPU's (STEALTH water block on each card)
    Display: Samsung 30'' Widescreen LCD 2560x1600 Native

Sorry for the repeat in my sig below, what do you guys think?

Alright, I know theres no official word on what system specs will run this game at highest possible settings, but based upon what you have all seen graphically exhibited in screens and videos, do you think the below system will be able to run UTIII at highest possible settings with a resolution of 2048x1530 or higher...
    At such high resolution, maybe but maybe not. It should definitely run UT3 maxed at 1600x1200 though.

Comment

Yeah, real sweet system. We're jealous. Satisfied?

Enough with the ego-stroking threads. We get it. People have great rigs. WTF! They know nobody can say anything authoritative about UT3's scalability, and yet post here, so we can all ogle their huge specs.

It's sad, really.

Comment

so u got 4gb of RAM, and 2x8800GTX?

What OS do u use?

Comment

yawn..

Originally posted by Species678 View Post

MOBO: Asus Striker Extreme
          CPU: Intel QX6800 Core2 Extreme Quad 2.93 (Overclocked to 3.4)
          RAM: 4GB DDR2 PC2-9200 1150Mhz OCZ XLC (Overclocked to 1250mhz, 2.4V)
          GPU: 2x XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra 768MB SLI (Overclocked to 685Mhz Core Each)
          SPU: SoundBlaster Fatal1ty
          PPU: Aegia Physx
          HD: 2x 10K RPM 150GB Raptors (RAID-0)
          Cooling: Water-cooled RAM, CPU, GPU's (STEALTH water block on each card)
          Display: Samsung 30'' Widescreen LCD 2560x1600 Native

Sorry for the repeat in my sig below, what do you guys think?
          You really played up to the marketing hype.
          I really don't think the aegia is worth it (too much $ for too little).
          4 GB will really only benefit a 64bit OS.
          30" lcd screens have not had good reviews regarding gaming performance.
          I hear that the X-Ram on the Fatality does not get much use, haven't heard anything truly positive (meaning its not a "must have").
          You better have a cool place to run a rig with those SLI furnaces (8800 GTX's run HOT). Water cooling is good, but if the air thats used to cool it is hot.. forget it.
          Raid has not been proven to give much of a performance advantage (I've only heard of maybe 10%).

Would I turn down a system like the one you speak of? No, but only if it was free

Intentsly
          (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

Is this ur pc or u wanna buy it?

But i think it will run with max but that rigs is freaking expensive. I would say that buyng that kind of rig is waste of money. Cause u dont need that kind of rig yet. Maybe in 5 years its avarge pc but not now.

PS: did u made this thread for question or you just wanted to show omg look my pc just to show off. Cause buying that rig has 2 reasons . 1: are you complete moron that you bought that pc for ut3 or you got to much money and you have no idea what to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by intentsly View Post
              Raid has not been proven to give much of a performance advantage (I've only heard of maybe 10%).
              RAID is not only RAID

RAID 0 would potentially double the read-write performance with each additional harddisk as it use the power of each harddisk-controller.

but RAID 0 is not secure to use cause it doubles also the probability of losing all data by a harddisk-crash

for such a setup i would recommend RAID 5 which combines the advantages of RAID 0 and 1 (security and performance) but needs one more harddisk

Comment

Don't spend that much on a computer... trust me. Wait until the UT3 demo is out and get something just as fast for half the money.

Comment

i would say honestly no. not at that res and you say max so i would guess that you mean AA and AF both at 16x.

8800gtx on sli can barely run Oblivian with AA and AF only at 8x at that resolution.

that's a hell of a rig but not worth the $$$ definately.

Comment

Refereing to the original post, i certainly hope it does cause i have a similar system, but i only need to run it in 1024x768 cause that's the highest resolution my 42" Plasma screen will accept.
                    I'm currently testing and playing Colin Mcrae Dirt to test this system and it runs very smooth in the highest settings. AA And the lot all at least 16X
                    It realy looks freakin gorgeous! CanĀ“t wait to see what the Masters will bring to my screen.
                    (Epic, Capcom, Square etc.....)

Comment

well... epic made this screenshot which has a resolution of 6500x3700 pixel... i dont think they have setups with really better components...

i would say Species setup will run ut3 good with the highest possible resolution

Comment

Originally posted by loezix View Post
                        so u got 4gb of RAM, and 2x8800GTX?

What OS do u use?
                        Vista Ultimate

Guys Im not here to brag, as there are plenty of systems that top the one I have listed. Im simply interested in thoughts.

And yea, at 16xAF and AA, Id be more than happy to see it hold over 40FPS at 1600x1200. Also, Oblivion's engine is nothing matched against Unreal 3 engine. Hard telling at this point.

Im not using Aegia Physx to remove work load from the CPU and GPU's, its simply to enhance the visual quality of effects, which it does beautifully. I agree though, its not good for increasing benchmarks, in many situations, it actually caused them to decline.

Comment

Originally posted by Species678 View Post

And yea, at 16xAF and AA, Id be more than happy to see it hold over 40FPS at 1600x1200.
                          i would be confident in getting better than that with your rig. but no way at 2048x1530 you'll get even 40fps and steady.

i'll bet on it.

Comment

There were too many problems in vista for me to keep it.

Comment

Working...
                            X