No announcement yet.

Perhaps the real UT3 box art?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like i said in the BU forums, if the the white background was black and the two T's were the same font as the rest of the word "Tournament" then i would say it is perfect...instead it's just good as it is now IMHO.

The only reason i think the T's should be changed is because they remind me of the Turok games' box art. See here: http://image.com.com/gamespot/images.../199129_pc.jpg

EDIT: Also, PC-DVD ftw! i bet it'll be two DVDs though...

Comment

Originally posted by -VT- View Post
      Like i said in the BU forums, if the the white background was black and the two T's were the same font as the rest of the word "Tournament" then i would say it is perfect...instead it's just good as it is now IMHO.

The only reason i think the T's should be changed is because they remind me of the Turok games' box art. See here: http://image.com.com/gamespot/images.../199129_pc.jpg

EDIT: Also, PC-DVD ftw! i bet it'll be two DVDs though...
      I like those new "T"s a lot better than the rather bland looking text on the top of this forum page.

Comment

I like this cover, the III in the background with ingame-graphics hidden looks good and the "TournamenT" font promises an action-packed game to the potenial customer.

But I donĀ“t like white backgrounds. It should be changed to black. The Cover also looks a little bit empty. A krall with ShockRifle on the left and a Necris with BioRifle on the right should do it.

I also made an -=Unreal -]|[- Tournament=- Logo for a desktop-wallpaper (notice the III in the U-circle):
        [shot]http://www.2and2.net/files/469407e5bcc70.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Tomorrow E3 starts.. let's just wait what pictures come from there.. and besides that.. who friggin' cares what the box looks like... if they'd written it on with a marker.. hell, it's the inside that counts.. .. it's a game.. not a girl...

Comment

Originally posted by !NITRO! View Post
            Tomorrow E3 starts.. let's just wait what pictures come from there.. and besides that.. who friggin' cares what the box looks like... if they'd written it on with a marker.. hell, it's the inside that counts.. .. it's a game.. not a girl...
            If they wrote on it with a marker it'd not hit shelves...

Comment

hmm

Originally posted by !NITRO! View Post
              It wouldn't matter if it was "covered" in krap, IMO! lol Just so long as the "krap" art didn't um.. stink I do agree that its important on the one hand for marketing to get the box right for new comers they're trying to sway, but on the other hand it could come in clear round individual CD/DVD cases with just a price tag on it for those of us who'll buy it regardless.
              ~
              It almost sounds like those, that are worried about it are more worried what others might think of them playing the game (if the box looks "gay" or something). "OMG I can't be known to play a game with a "gay" looking box!" LOL If thats whats worrying you, lol, get over it! Buy it, play it! Simple! Show them what they are missing, though I don't think the box will shy them away anyway! You know its gonna Kick A$$!

Intentsly
              (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

(UT99~ [--]Toruria)

Comment

Like i said in the BU forums, if the the white background was black [...] then i would say it is perfect...instead it's just good as it is now IMHO.
                http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/2...pciiibocv2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
                  If they wrote on it with a marker it'd not hit shelves...
                  he was joking...

Like i said in the BU forums, if the the white background was black [...] then i would say it is perfect...instead it's just good as it is now IMHO.
                  ye, it probably would look better with the black, but there is something rly professional looking about the white background

Comment

but the T's are still the same ...though it's not as bad/noticeable with the black background

if they wanted to fill in some of the blank space on the sides they could have a Necris standing on one of the red lines and someone else on the opposite one.

Comment

>That thing looks sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post

ye, it probably would look better with the black, but there is something rly professional looking about the white background
                        The Red stands out on the White background, like blood on a white sheet. It wouldn't on the black. Its more Eye catching the way it is, they should leave it like that!

It reminds me a little of though:http://n3wb.com/boolean/DeliciousExported/images/487

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                          Nice looking Artwork. And NO sign of GFW or GFWL.
                          "9:26 - SEGA, Eidos, and THQ will deliver more than a dozen Live for Windows games by the end of year. Games for Windows Live support will be built into Unreal Tournament 3."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/802/802988p1.html

WHY DID YOU SELL OUT EPIC =(

Comment

I really like this box art, even though it does look a bit like the atari logo. I was also expecting a darker box, but just go down to your local game shop there are tons of cluttered/dark boxes; this'll really stand out. I really think this would look very sweet on an embossed metal case (like GoW:SE and UC2).
                            My biggest gripe is the character's pose, it looks like he's posing for the box bather than being a guy involved in a bloodsport. I personally would have liked to see him walking towards the III still with the stinger over his shoulder and looking back over he's shoulder to see if your following.

Comment

Why is it selling out if you _support_ GFW?

Comment

Originally posted by Platinumstorm View Post
                                "9:26 - SEGA, Eidos, and THQ will deliver more than a dozen Live for Windows games by the end of year. Games for Windows Live support will be built into Unreal Tournament 3."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/802/802988p1.html

WHY DID YOU SELL OUT EPIC =(
                                As long as they aren't planning to release UT3 or GoW as Vista-only games, supporting "Games for Windows Live" isn't a sellout.

Comment

Working...
                                X