Clear All

why does it look like an atari symbol?
    Thats the first thing that hit me about it

Comment

An hommage to their old employer?

Comment

Cant be. Besides, the logo is wrong.

Comment

I don't see any Atari logo in that, what am I missing?

Comment

Atari Logo
            Kronos's link

Its not an Atari logo it just reminds me of it.

Comment

Lol, if that's the only link you guys are making.. ''oh geez, they both got three stripes.''
              I just see this creation as another smart way to make the III less important.. the emphasis had to be on the Unreal Tournament, and not on the 3, for all the new players this game is gonna harvest. The III is integrated into the background, it's not so apparent as when you'd include it into the logo.

Comment

That boxart is genious. The way the three bars mend with the background and doesn't make it seem like its the third iteration, is just awesome. To me it looks better than any of the previous Unreal Tournament boxarts. I hope its real.

Comment

I like it. Too bad we can't see it in a higher resolution. I have a suggestion if it's ever possible. The same type of design, but the top layer character to be a different character for the three systems. (ie. PC might have that human character on the front cover. XB360 might be good to have a necris on the cover. As for the PS3 version, why not add the Krall.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mastame View Post
                    I just see this creation as another smart way to make the III less important.. the emphasis had to be on the Unreal Tournament, and not on the 3, for all the new players this game is gonna harvest. The III is integrated into the background, it's not so apparent as when you'd include it into the logo.
                    spot on, well said

Comment

Now that's a pretty cool Box art (assuming this is the actual Box art)! But man, that Stinger is bigger than I thought!

Comment

Bersy, could you tell me what font did you used for the word "Tournament"? Thanks.

Comment

I guess Epic are going to have to update the forum again to reflect the new style. I've no doubt that this is genuine, because they've the player's character on the front. That hasn't been shown before in any of the publicly released screenshots. A bigger shot of the cover would be nice.

I really dig the new cover style. Its simple, clean and uncluttered. It reminds me somewhat of Quake 3's cover. They placed the emphasis on the 'Unreal Tournament' not the fact that its a sequel. It also looks like blood on a clean white sheet, or war banners hanging down, which is cool!

The font for 'Tournament' is alot better. The Sharp edges on the Ts unite the whole feel of the logo, instead of being boring block letters.

Some will say that "Its whats inside the box that counts" which is true, but having an eye catching cleverly designed cover is really important. People do judge books (and games) by their covers, so you really want to get their attention. If it looks the same as every other boring title on the shelf, people will pass it by.

Comment

Really cool box art... by the way, which weapon is the guy carrying on his shoulder? Is it the Stinger?

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyKing View Post
                              Really cool box art... by the way, which weapon is the guy carrying on his shoulder? Is it the Stinger?
                              The Stinger.

Comment

Any smaller pic?

Looks nice tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X