Nice move, Midway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vaevictis View Post
    epic has a major flaw in their game design, they do all of their beta testing "inhouse". that means it brings nothing new to the table or outside opinions. big mistake imho. i beta test for quake wars and its the massive contribution from people that play all sorts of games and come from all walks of life that contribute to improving the game with a plethora of ideas from a wide variety of players. only people on epics payroll beta test UT, that's like comparing Microsoft OS to linux and we all know who fairs better in that comparison. when i heard that from Flak, i realized why 2k3 was such a flop instantly.
    ..... UT03 suffered because no one liked the drastic changes to Unreal tournament. Not because it had in house beta testing. In house beta testing is done to make sure things are more secure and it also ensures quality control over the game. Besides... When they release the demo they will get lots and lots of feedback about it.

Also. It's a bad idea to beta test a game that doesn't even have all of its components finished yet and many things may still be in the form of concept art and ideas and dreams. You also can't really compare Id soft with Epic.

On a final note. In house beta testing never stopped Unreal, Unreal Tournament and Gears of War from being top of the line in games.

Comment

hahaha, I love this, go Midway!

Comment

I would be a lot more excited if they released the system specs. Till then I'll plan on getting the 360 version :/

Comment

Nice,that means that the game is coming soon ...

Comment

From the new OXM:

And while the game is in simultaneous development for both PC and 360, it's the Xbox [360] that dictates the detail. "Our visual bar is based on Xbox 360," reveals Polge. "How beautiful can we make it and still have it run solid 30 frames per second? Then, after that, we go and look at PC. It's very good for keeping us focused on what we need to do, what's reasonable spec. The Xbox 360 is powerful enough that we're not having to change the game visually. In fact, on PC, we're worried about how we scale back to lower-end PCs."

WOOT! PC VERSION IS GOING TO ROCK!

Comment

Originally posted by Vaevictis View Post
              epic has a major flaw in their game design, they do all of their beta testing "inhouse". that means it brings nothing new to the table or outside opinions. big mistake imho. i beta test for quake wars and its the massive contribution from people that play all sorts of games and come from all walks of life that contribute to improving the game with a plethora of ideas from a wide variety of players. only people on epics payroll beta test UT, that's like comparing Microsoft OS to linux and we all know who fairs better in that comparison. when i heard that from Flak, i realized why 2k3 was such a flop instantly.
              you think that a closed beta brings nothing to the table? wow you are naive on how epic works. they read these forums. they incorporate ideas from the community. they just dont publicize every action they take. plus the demo is done for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitgeber View Post
                The Xbox 360 is powerful enough that we're not having to change the game visually."

WOOT! PC VERSION IS GOING TO ROCK!
                They should scale it up. Like Lost Planet for example.
                The PC version is NOT gonna rock if we are stuck with 360 visuals.

Comment

My concern is that DX10 might have features not available for the X360, and if that's the case, we may not see anything out of DX10 that's more technically-advanced than what we'd see out of the X360. I hope the game has the potential to use special effects and features that are superior to what the X360 can use.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                    My concern is that DX10 might have features not available for the X360, and if that's the case, we may not see anything out of DX10 that's more technically-advanced than what we'd see out of the X360. I hope the game has the potential to use special effects and features that are superior to what the X360 can use.
                    Don't forget about the fact that a PC has much more memory and video memory. Textures can have a higher resolution there.

Comment

Working...
                    X