Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance of answer about UT3 Linux-port?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Molgan View Post
    Oh sorry, guess I only read the head line..

But your questions are a bit detailed, no info of that sort has been leaked for any platform.
    But he uses Linux so he is superior and has the right to be angry that HIS questions aren't answered yet.

Oh wait, I have Linux on one machine too.... ...EPIC, I supported you for more than 10 years now, I DEMAND that you answer MY question... ..thanks for nothing... ...I will never again buy a computergame at all.

Comment

Good for you that you can be sarcastic...really, good for you!

There are never ever any pre-info for the linux ppl. The most info you get is if there will be a linux-port or not, so I thought for once some questions would be answered. The questions I made would not be considered secret or something, they are more like bugs, and if they will be corrected (not the one about linux-demo of curse).

Edit: Oh yes forgot... Care to explain why I would be superior for using Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by Eazy View Post
        Good for you that you can be sarcastic...really, good for you!

There are never ever any pre-info for the linux ppl. The most info you get is if there will be a linux-port or not, so I thought for once some questions would be answered. The questions I made would not be considered secret or something, they are more like bugs, and if they will be corrected (not the one about linux-demo of curse).
        As someone else said. This isn't known for Windows/Mac either yet. Still I am happy to learn about the gameplay which I consider more important than these details and then say "thanks for nothing, EPIC" if I didn't get a reply within a few days. Seems so immature.

Comment

But I have to agree: It would be really great if the Linux/Mac/Wintendo-Versions of the UT3-Demo appeared at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eazy View Post
            Edit: Oh yes forgot... Care to explain why I would be superior for using Linux?
            Well the box did say Windows 98 or better right? So we all went with Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
              As someone else said. This isn't known for Windows/Mac either yet. Still I am happy to learn about the gameplay which I consider more important than these details and then say "thanks for nothing, EPIC" if I didn't get a reply within a few days. Seems so immature.
              These are things that have been working on windows (don't know about mac though) since UT99, so there are not new things. One point of the questions is to make them aware of the problems as well. Feels like the game is from the stone age when you cannot copy/paste a IP in the console (and that is not linux fault).

It might be a bit immature of me, but even though Linux is free does not mean I don't have to pay for the game. So my point with that was that Linux ppl are customer too.

Comment

I hear ya, and I'm pretty sure you will get the same ammount of info (and bugs) as anyone else when time comes. =)

Comment

Hello Guys,

is the linux client now fix?

Comment

Originally posted by General.Jung View Post
                    Hello Guys,

is the linux client now fix?
                    http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...3&postcount=25

Comment

Obviously, the most ethically and morally correct thing to do would be to release a linux demo BEFORE releasing it to windows and mac. The purpuse of linux is pure and true, whilst both microsoft and apple have, simply put, evil intentions. So, releasing it earlier to linux would make people convert.

**** Eazy, didnt know you played in linux. You gotta help me set some things up. (Converting from windows -> linux)

Googling your nick + ut2004 gives me the impression youre pretty pro.

Comment

There's some info in this thread that's completely outdated. Hard to believe it's only 2 months old.
                        Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        UE3 = UEd4
                        Epic doesn't use the name "UED4". The editor for UT3 is simply called "UnrealEd for UE3". Guess they didn't want any confusion... having UED3 for the UE2 was bad enough.

Comment

Im quite sure epic games will release the demo for all platforms at the same time (ps3 aswell) enless there is a problem with one of them.

Comment

To my knowledge, the only platform they're releasing on with any kind of 'issues' is the XBox 360 version. I've still got high hopes that UEd will work on *nix this time around (and copy/pasting IPs would be nice); or at the very least an Epic release of a plugin for Blender to import/export models to/from UT3

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchu View Post
                              **** Eazy, didnt know you played in linux. You gotta help me set some things up. (Converting from windows -> linux)

Googling your nick + ut2004 gives me the impression youre pretty pro.
                              Oh, I'm not pro (wish I was). I had lots of help myself, but of curse I will help you in any way I can I made a guide for ut2004 with unimportant stuff If you want to check it out: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=374469

cya at #geim

Comment

Working...
                              X