What system will you be playing on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
    Wrong. We only don't want a fast FPS dumbed down, because it is cross-platform. Well, at least I see it that way.

And yes, been playing on consoles since 1978 (29 years).
    fueg always says it better than i can.

though i have only been console gaming since 1985. (22 years)

Comment

Console player since Pong (what was that, 78?) and the first console I actually owned was the C=64, which doubled as a PC. If that doesn't count, then it was the original Nintendo. I played Pong and the first Atari games religiously with friends at their houses. I love consoles, and I'm _amazed_ at how they've progressed. I don't get why people hate on them.

The only are they're not as good for, compared to PC's, is FPS gaming (in my opinion). But they're as good, if not better, for a lot of other types of games, particularly scrolling games - something that's dwindling. But console games are tuned to the console, whereas PC games are geared for whatever requirements, which vary. But that's just a tradeoff. Better games tend to have higher requirements.

One of the things that amaze me are the longevity of consoles. The prime examples are the Sony and Nintendo consoles.

I'm going to definitely get UT3 for PC - I get all the Unreal games for PC. But I might get it for X360 for my kids, based on demand, and how it plays with controller, and if a keyboard/mouse option is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
        Console player since Pong (what was that, 78?)
        Pong = 1972

Comment

PC all the way.
          Sorry don't feel like spending so much money on a console when I can get a $500 computer that will run UT3 on high. Plus it can do so much more and the mouse is easier to aim with.
          I really hope this gets cross-platform'd so I can own console doods.

(I know the last part won't happen but it was kept for the fun of it)

Comment

PC, because I use them for more than just playing games.

Comment

Who's egging who?

Originally posted by Malakai View Post
              Yea, I know. I feel the same way as you Trabdood, but it isn't such a good idea to add to the bashing. I've been trying to defend console gaming in this forum too, even though its a lost cause. Just watch, like the fanatics they are, the PC guys are going to start flaming you because, god forbid we play on anything other than a PC.
              Dude, its all a subjective matter of opinion. Some people, like me, absolutely can't stand console controllers for FPS games. I'm even further dissuaded from them entirely because I'm just so used to using a mouse and keyboard for playing games.
              I've said this before <pressing rewind> <play>: "If they ever come out with a fully functioning (flawlessly at that) mouse and keyboard for a console, then and ONLY then would I ever even think about spending money on a console."<stop>
              ~
              The above is not bashing console gamers, it is just what my preference is. It doesn't matter to me if you like to play on consoles. That's your preference. I'd love to frag whomever is in front of me, regardless of whether you're a Console weenie or PC gaming weenie.
              The thing it might come down to though is whether or not you are using a console mouse/keyboard combination, in order to play cross platform. (or gods forbid vise versa).
              ~
              We're all just "brothas and sistas" lookin for the kill/cap etc.. <can I get an Amen!??! >

Intentsly
              (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

PCs are by far superior for playing FPS and strategy games, consoles are better for just about everything else.

Comment

PC WITH LINUX!!!!

no more MS for me!

Comment

PC with microsoft, (look down) and i wil get vista too, if opengl3 isn't just better, or doesn't need vista (i hate vista). but i will use Dx10 or OGL3.
                    or i spent too uch money on nothing better (video card, look below)

Comment

PC with microsoft, (look down) and i wil get vista too, if opengl3 isn't just better, or doesn't need vista (i hate vista). but i will use Dx10 or OGL3.
                      or i spent too uch money on nothing better (video card, look below)
                      Amen brother (intentsly)

edit: why there are 2 posts? i don't fr*#kin know, never internetted on safari before

Comment

Originally posted by Kilo View Post
                        Xbox 360, Playstation 3, or PC?

I'll be playing on the 360.
                        PS3 if its 60fps or a super solid 30

Comment

Atari 2600 (Overclocked something like 417,000%...give or take)

Did a thread lose it's poll?

Comment

Originally posted by Kharnellius View Post
                            Did a thread lose it's poll?
                            I found this kind of funny heh.

Comment

PSP, I hope...

Comment

PC, and hopefully we will be able to play with PS3 and eventually 360 users...mmm....easy giblets!

Comment

Working...
                                X