Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Release CTF-FACE and DM-Deck17 as Bonus Pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
    Well, I really hope not to see any official ports, including bonus packs. New content is what's going to help UT3, not things we've seen before.
    Really? Popular maps will help players of the previous games connect to the new game, and people that never bothered with the previous games won't know the maps are old. (they look entirely different anyway)
    Plus, these are maps that are guaranteed to be good. I only see upsides here, so long as there are plenty of new maps to go with the few old ones.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All I play is instagib on a UT99 server with nothing but Deck-16][ and deck clones. Looking at second picture, I see that the ramps going across the maps dont have a bend in the middle, and assumingly no hole either, imo the two biggest faults with deck17. This tells me that epic indeed went oldschool with this classic map. Woot. And the art looks pretty impressive too.

Originally posted by -VT- View Post
    i took two screencaps from that one interview with the midway guy that had new footage from e3 and the OXM video...so the new Deck is already in

have a look

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

as for the new face map, I'm pretty sure i heard Jeff Morris (WarTourist) say that it might be released after the game is released in that German interview

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i'd love to see some old maps back. and i dont mean the curse4, geal and denk17, but the originals

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no actually it can be deck 17 again cus if you remember dech 17 had a doorway closed off said under renovation. so effectivly the renovations should be finished by now and deck 17 could be reopened to the public

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I still like Face classic, but UT2004 totally put me off deck.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think its a good thing.
    This way the new maps "gets a chance" before the stupid faceonly servers popup.

I would even go so far that Epic could block the Masterserver for Custom maps the first Month. me puts flamesuit on

One classic map could be included for "benchmarking"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd rather see Epic handle the remakes and the community handle the new maps than the other way around... That way, at least we'll be guaranteed some good maps. With new maps it's always a matter of luck.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In the video, if I heard him correctly, Deck, Torlan, and Diemos (Phobos remake with edits) will be shipped with the game. Face should be available for download a while after (Though guaranteed that DAY FRIGGIN ONE we will have someone convert the 2k4 version of face over).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It seems a bit dark but that just might be the video.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i took two screencaps from that one interview with the midway guy that had new footage from e3 and the OXM video...so the new Deck is already in

have a look

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

as for the new face map, I'm pretty sure i heard Jeff Morris (WarTourist) say that it might be released after the game is released in that German interview

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In the new trailer it looks like you can already see the player fragging away on a level very similar looking to Deck 16.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Morris - from video interview
    Remade maps like CTF-Face may be available as post-release downloads (bonus packs)
    Good new to hear. This means at least we wont see 75% of world servers are 24/7 Face / Deck ... even when they released, there will be some good (and used to play) new UT3 maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As much as i would pay for an expansion id rather Epic just made it downloadable. thats what they have always done and im sure that's how it will be this time.. The maps are going to have a much bigger file size this time round tho...

As for classic maps.. I LOVE CLASSIC maps, i would even wish they remade some classic maps from the community, such as CTF-Baranco (my fav), CTF-ProjectX, and classics like CTF-EternalCave, CTF-Hydro16.. I love remakes...
    I like how they are remaking Coret but im quite worried because i live the futuristic style of the classic and the 2004 remake and now its industrial :s

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Shadow]I[ View Post
    I personally want to see UT3 have Face 4 when it comes out, face 3 looked amazing so let's just wait and see
    Plus the Egyptian music was pretty funky. Yeah, I'd like to see a Face 3 in UT3, as well as another 'Deck' level to keep up the tradition. But I think it would be totally killer if they had a few levels that took place back at Na pali.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good thing about maps like Deck16 being in a new game is it acts as a benchmark for how the game plays compared to previous version (if it's not completely overhauled geometrically).

There is always room for the classic maps, a big part of the reason the UT series has it's fanatical following comes down the arenas we played in since Unreal was released, they are like "home" to many UT players and over time the duds have been mostly filtered out to leave the ones that play well (for all player types not just noobs or ut-masters).

Even in 20 years time when Epic release 'Unreal Tournament 15" or whatever, Deck and Face will be in there, difference is we'll all be having them beamed directly into our retinas and using thought control and wetting ourselves at how cool it feels to at last actually "be in" Deck 16.

Of course, i'm looking forward to new maps too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X