Seing who killed you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
    From what I was told, dying in UT3 is much more satisfying. When ya die the camera rolls around wherever the head of the rag doll rolls. So if your shot by secondary stinger against a wall nailed there, your camera view will just sit there swaying back and forth up on the wall. Or if your shot by a rocket near some stairs to roll down. Your camera goes along rolling down with it.

To me this is the best and most satisfying way to die. They say u can really feel the impact when ya die.
    That would really be cool seriously. I just don't know if it would "f*ck my eyes" if I keep rolling down the stairs but that would make it more realist and nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
      Haha, as if.
      It's REALLY quite rare for camping to be a working strategy, and if it is it's usually easy enough to find out where someone is and the difficulty is in actually getting to him.
      The rarity is what makes it strategic.

Besides, this is just too gimmicky. All we need is a mutator which shows a line to whomever killed you.

Comment

Originally posted by toniglandyl View Post
        it may be fast, but if it's like UT, the camera can fall by facing the direction of the shot.
        OR..................

just have them tell you who you were killed by..........

showing their position doesn't help because by the time you respawn and go towards them, they're gone.

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
          OR..................

just have them tell you who you were killed by..........

showing their position doesn't help because by the time you respawn and go towards them, they're gone.
          it's the atmospherical effect they want to achieve.

Comment

Or rather it makes dying somewhat less frustrating if you see how you died.

Comment

Getting a quick in-eye of the enemy when you get killed makes it easy to see if it uses.. no, I don't dare mentioning it and get the thread locked. ^^

Anything that could delay my respawn isn't welcome, 5 seconds is an eternity in ut. Having the cam roll with the rag doll is fine as long as I can get back as quickly as I want.

Comment

I against this feature, because it reveals opponents position, also very annoying when you get killed every 10 seconds to see 'killcam'. Too many junk information. I'd prefer to respawn and continue fighting.

Comment

View should stay in first person. The switch to third person view at death in 2k4 is annoying.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with third person view switch in UT2004. It was in the original UT after all. the only time the cam stayed in first person in UT was when there was a head shot or you gibbed. As for seeing who killed you. Its bad enough the game puts in bold text who killed you and if its a bot they auto taunt you.

Comment

In UT3, the camera stays in first person locked to the head of the ragdoll, so u get to see the camera tumble and stuff.

Comment

This idea could sway either way for me. I'll express my views on both points.

Approve: This would be a good idea to prevent camping, because no one likes campers. It would also be satisfying to see where the hell that killing shot came from.

Disapprove: This idea is also bad because if someone sniped you down from a snipers perch, and you didn't know where he was before, it will show you exactly where he is, and then you can just go around and kill him. Not fun for us Snipers. If Epic was to put this in, you'd see far less Snipers going around. This can be either good, or bad, depending on who's side your on. If you have a good sniper on your team, but he's always being flanked because of this system, you'd hate it. If you kept killing the opposing sniper, you'd love it. I think that Epic should just keep UT the way it was before when you die. That way worked for me. Or they could fix it so you don't know the exact location of where the enemy was, but it turns to where the guy who killed you was, in his general direction. Kind of like GRAW 2.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...=558861&page=4

Read that thread.

Comment

I'm against this simply because it will create Slower Gameplay; Any time spent watching how I died is time not spent actually in the game, the reason I'm playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Miko View Post
                              There is nothing wrong with third person view switch in UT2004. It was in the original UT after all.
                              Of course a major difference between UT2004 and UT is that in UT you could freely rotate the camera after you died, while in UT2004 it often gets stuck on walls making it nearly impossible to face the direction you thought the shot came from.

Comment

Working...
                              X