Seing who killed you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seing who killed you

You know like in some games, when you die, while u wating to respawn, u see a little clip on how u died and who killed you. Will somthin like this be in UT3?

I think it'd be a good start if your camera turned to face the person that killed you. Right now you're often scratching your head wondering where that lightning bolt even came from.

Comment

Do you mean, like the Killcam in Call of Duty 2 multiplayer?

When a server has that option active on a server in COD 2, you see the last 10 seconds of your gameplay before u die, from your killer's perspective, and i can tell you, THAT IS COOL!

That way, i have improved my game and i know how not to be caught with my guard down...

Such a feature would be welcome in UT3 imo....

Comment

I can see where it would be useful like for snipers and it would promote non camping. But honestly its like putting a radar in the game because if you show me 10 seconds then a person only has 10 seconds to move out of that position before I rush it. For CTF and team based modes that makes defense pretty useless if you have to move everytime you kill someone. For DM its semi ok but still the same problem, in seeing that you can tell where people are as soon as you spawn and can even ambush them. Probably my least liked feature of the COD series.

Comment

From what I was told, dying in UT3 is much more satisfying. When ya die the camera rolls around wherever the head of the rag doll rolls. So if your shot by secondary stinger against a wall nailed there, your camera view will just sit there swaying back and forth up on the wall. Or if your shot by a rocket near some stairs to roll down. Your camera goes along rolling down with it.

To me this is the best and most satisfying way to die. They say u can really feel the impact when ya die.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
            From what I was told, dying in UT3 is much more satisfying. When ya die the camera rolls around wherever the head of the rag doll rolls. So if your shot by secondary stinger against a wall nailed there, your camera view will just sit there swaying back and forth up on the wall. Or if your shot by a rocket near some stairs to roll down. Your camera goes along rolling down with it.

To me this is the best and most satisfying way to die. They say u can really feel the impact when ya die.
            Just Like UT99 the way it should be.. i have also read about the death roll!!! thats how its guna be and how it should stay...

There are death messages in UT2004 saying who killed and with what.. with added humour so what's the problem?? i turn this off anyway so i dont care if they dont put it in UT3

Comment

UT3 is nearly an instant respawn... so, no

Comment

Originally posted by Drintion View Post
                Yep, really agree, you died, respawn, get back to the game. Revenge often ends up being your downfall.

Comment

Originally posted by Drintion View Post
                  My thoughts exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Vipes View Post
                    You know like in some games, when you die, while u wating to respawn, u see a little clip on how u died and who killed you. Will somthin like this be in UT3?
                    I certainly hope not!

Comment

it may be fast, but if it's like UT, the camera can fall by facing the direction of the shot.

Comment

Well, the UT system of "first person" death is way more intense. Suddenly seeing your body from some arbitrary viewpoint is jolting and strange. It sounds like the UT3 system is a good way to go, although I wonder about seeing your own body during the animations. Wouldn't that look pretty bad, with all sorts of texture and clipping issues? Or is your own body invisible? That would be strange, too.

Comment

No. It would dumb down the strategy and make things too obvious.

If there's a camper, you have to find him and hunt him down. The game shouldn't hold our hand and tell us what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post

If there's a camper, you have to find him and hunt him down. The game shouldn't hold our hand and tell us what to do.
                            quoted for truth

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
                              Haha, as if.
                              It's REALLY quite rare for camping to be a working strategy, and if it is it's usually easy enough to find out where someone is and the difficulty is in actually getting to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X