Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Will there be alot of info on UT3 at E3 '07?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
    E3 is July 11-13, 2007
    Does this mean a demo is shortly to follow?

Comment

@the two above: I don't get it, why would Mark Rein naming the E3 date (quite randomly too, but w/e) be a hint towards a date announcement (of either the demo or game)? >.>

Comment

@ Mastame :
        Crotale insisted that EPIC has given no release date for ANYTHING. He speaks the truth : EPIC has always been a "when it's done" company, and we respect them, as they will give us an amazing game, and giving dates that cannot be respected are only a downfall IMO.
        so we're talking about release dates, as there were none given before.
        However, Mark Rein just said that E3 will be open from july 11 to 13. coincidence ? maybe. It's good to dream.

and we already know there will be something big at E3.

Comment

I just think he's giving us a clue as to a demo is near to coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by toniglandyl View Post
            @ Mastame :
            Crotale insisted that EPIC has given no release date for ANYTHING. He speaks the truth : EPIC has always been a "when it's done" company, and we respect them, as they will give us an amazing game, and giving dates that cannot be respected are only a downfall IMO.
            However, Mark Rein just said that E3 will be open from july 11 to 13. coincidence ? maybe. It's good to dream.

Hm, I get the link now. Would be good.

Comment

Epic needs to hit the "sweet spot" before people get sucked into other games like quake-wars and halo 3 which will already cost them $40 to $50, then they won't have money for another major game.

Comment

Mark Rein....

Cool things aside....

Will there be much new and exclusive information on UT3 (especially it's development progress) to be released, announced or showcased at E3?

and or...

Stopping short of asking for a release date, however is it possible that E3 will give the broader community some kind of indication on a target release window (eg. Q4 2007, first half 2008) opposed to an indefinite 'when it's done' time frame?

Comment

Originally posted by ZerO*KooL View Post
                  Mark Rein....

Cool things aside....

Will there be much new and exclusive information on UT3 (especially it's development progress) to be released, announced or showcased at E3?

and or...

Stopping short of asking for a release date, however is it possible that E3 will give the broader community some kind of indication on a target release window (eg. Q4 2007, first half 2008) opposed to an indefinite 'when it's done' time frame?
                  Highly doubtful that it will be targeted for "first half" of 2008 or even longer because we don't want another stalker episode on our hands now do we?

Comment

Originally posted by toniglandyl View Post
                    @ Mastame :

Yeah, we'll get a good Malcolm Impersonator! Seriously though, I can't wait for this 'something big' at this year's E3.

Comment

The something "big" will be the leviathan lol

Comment

Hmmm...I think it's funny how many of you are making suggestions for what they should show at E3. That's cute, but by now, they don't have time to put together new E3 materials. They're either finished with or finishing what they've already done. Not to mention, I'm no expert, but I'd bet that Midway would want to preview all of the E3 demo material before the show.

As for the "sweet spot" debate, I trust Epic a lot, but I also program stuff and I know how tempting it is to keep refining, improving, adding, optimizing, but some people really are beginning to lose interest. Back in '05, UT2k7 was all the hype and a lot of people even bought GeForce 6800 Ultras to be able to play the game well. Fast forward two years, and even I'm losing interest because we have nothing to which to look forward. We were told it wouldn't be here by September, we have no clue at all when it WILL be here, and that we can't see it. We have no decent quality gameplay video, almost no audio from the game, and only low-bitrate PS3 videos, cams, and interview editing-filler snippets. Anyone remember HL2's videos? The high resolution Bink direct feeds that came out to promote the game and ran at like 1024x768? Talk about whetting appetites. All it would take is one person to hit F9 during a 720p "playtest" for like...a minute...and put that on the internet (10:1 they all run Fraps anyway.) Or open up a little streaming feed for some of the playtests on spectator cameras. People would go crazy.

Comment

I agree ..to a point

Originally posted by Vendetta View Post
                          Agreed. Please no shaky-cam footage of a PS3 player who is in god mode and doesn't know what the hell he's doing.
                          But, you know Epic wants to appeal to a much wider audience than just UT skilled regulars. They don't want to scare off inexperienced players with some godlike player zipping around wasting everything in their path. Seeing an average player pull off something that blows the UT unindoctrinated away with kewlness and awe, that will attract more. Epic knows the regulars will be playing, regardless of what they show/don't show/announce/not announce @ E3.

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                          E3 is July 11-13, 2007
                          Such a tease! lol You knew that you, with such a brief post, would only stir up a frenzy of interest for E3. I just hope that there'll be juicy info and vids on whats going on with UT3! The rest can wait!

Hmm, what channel # is G4 on again... lol Once the Screensavers went off, so I went as well. E3 would make it worth watching!

Intentsly
                          (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

Originally posted by Czechnmymail View Post
                            Hmmm...I think it's funny how many of you are making suggestions for what they should show at E3. That's cute, but by now, they don't have time to put together new E3 materials. They're either finished with or finishing what they've already done. Not to mention, I'm no expert, but I'd bet that Midway would want to preview all of the E3 demo material before the show.

As for the "sweet spot" debate, I trust Epic a lot, but I also program stuff and I know how tempting it is to keep refining, improving, adding, optimizing, but some people really are beginning to lose interest. Back in '05, UT2k7 was all the hype and a lot of people even bought GeForce 6800 Ultras to be able to play the game well. Fast forward two years, and even I'm losing interest because we have nothing to which to look forward. We were told it wouldn't be here by September, we have no clue at all when it WILL be here, and that we can't see it. We have no decent quality gameplay video, almost no audio from the game, and only low-bitrate PS3 videos, cams, and interview editing-filler snippets. Anyone remember HL2's videos? The high resolution Bink direct feeds that came out to promote the game and ran at like 1024x768? Talk about whetting appetites. All it would take is one person to hit F9 during a 720p "playtest" for like...a minute...and put that on the internet (10:1 they all run Fraps anyway.) Or open up a little streaming feed for some of the playtests on spectator cameras. People would go crazy.
                            Epic is doing what they feel is best I guess, which is keeping quiet. I guess the less official stuff they release which is only like 3 official game teaser trailers (over at gametrailers.com), the more people will get hyped? We only have 30 or so screenshots of the game, haven't seen a new one in months, nothing to keep the spark alive. I guess epic just figures we will automatically buy the game because it's bearing the name Unreal Tournament? None of us can guess their silence thus far.

Comment

where will E3 be cuz I might get a press pass to go

Comment

Originally posted by MMJ4mil View Post
                                where will E3 be cuz I might get a press pass to go
                                Santa Monica, CA, you might wanna check:

http://www.e3expo.com/login/login.as...=%2fIndex.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X