Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Will there be alot of info on UT3 at E3 '07?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye!

Originally posted by SweetTooth View Post
    as for Halo3.... meh. dont care.
    Halo 2 PC as well, I could care less. Microsoft blew it, they could have done it and made it compatible with DX9 and DX10. FFS Epic has for UT3! I'd put an angry face here, but Microsoft doesn't deserve the attention. Epic + UT3 FTW!
    ~
    I'm looking forward to some more vids n such from this event

Intentsly
    (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

My eyes will be glued to E3. I have all the UT series and I have built a monster computer for UT3. All I have to say is, it will be worth the wait.

I think G4 will be covering E3

Once UT3 comes out. The internet better be ready. I can see everyone calling in sick to stay home to play UT3.

Bring it baby for we are all ready locked and loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetTooth View Post
        i just hope they make a separate section of the forums for PC and console versions.
        I second that. A unified general discussion forum is ok atm, but shortly before release (best date would be when the demo comes out), things need to be separated. Otherwise, a lot of confusion would arise.

Regarding E3: Yeah, I hope for a new, lengthy trailer as well. Hopefully with some as of yet unrevealed vehicles in action, some gameplay-scenes from DM and CTF (played on a PC by a guy who actually knows what he's doing, so we can get a glimpse at the game's true speed) and maybe a nice Redeemer explosion at the end. That would be pretty darn awesome.
        No PS3 shaky-cam footage only this time around, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Shock View Post
          I second that. A unified general discussion forum is ok atm, but shortly before release (best date would be when the demo comes out), things need to be separated. Otherwise, a lot of confusion would arise.

Regarding E3: Yeah, I hope for a new, lengthy trailer as well. Hopefully with some as of yet unrevealed vehicles in action, some gameplay-scenes from DM and CTF (played on a PC by a guy who actually knows what he's doing, so we can get a glimpse at the game's true speed) and maybe a nice Redeemer explosion at the end. That would be pretty darn awesome.
          No PS3 shaky-cam footage only this time around, please.
          Agreed. Please no shaky-cam footage of a PS3 player who is in god mode and doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vendetta View Post
            Agreed. Please no shaky-cam footage of a PS3 player who is in god mode and doesn't know what the hell he's doing.
            agreed! an ineye video of a skilled player on the pc would be very nice, would give us a good idea how the game will look like. This will please the people who play UT(2004) already and care more about gameplay then the looks :> ... as second u could make another great candy looking video with loads of explosions and vechilces to get the attention from the other type of gamers :>

my nr 1 wish is obvious any info about when the game/demo will be released ... but im def not expecting that to be granted :<

Comment

Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
              my nr 1 wish is obvious any info about when the game/demo will be released ... but im def not expecting that to be granted :<
              I think most of us want that, but all they said so far is "they're aiming for the fall".

Comment

Something that I'd like to see is someone who is playing against, or with Krall. We've only seen them on the trailer, so It might be cool to see how they look, and move in game. Also, it'd be nice to see a more in-depth look at the weapons.

Comment

I think it would be a nice touch if they got a Malcolm Impersonator at one of their booths at this year's E3.

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post
                    Release the frickin demo already, people started losing interest 2 months ago.
                    True, these days Clan are losing members to other games... it's getting harder & harder to fill a roster on ladders.... For game type that require big team that is...

Comment

well im not gonna say anything about "release the demo" coz i dont have the intel about how far the guys are with the game, and what their plans are. But i would like to indeed say your right about people losing interest: im an very active player at instagib and NW(TDM/TAM) and i see a lot of people who kinda stayed around only because UT3/UT2007 was coming "soon" are kinda just leaving the game because in their opinion this just takes to long, and feel they waited long enough by now some are "waiting" for 2 years now for the game (mainly because their only source of the release date was the release dates from independed internet sites like the inquirer since EPIC didnt want/ couldnt give any info about the release date)

I know its very important that the game is done and works perfectly when its released, but where's the limit? how long can u continue polishing the game and let the people "wait"? the first images/videos etc about UT3 are from years ago. We all want a very good game, but its sad to see ur friends/clanmates/people where u played against for years leave the game for something else, mainly because they feel the release of UT3 is streched too much. This is a sad thing for active players like me who play this game allmost daily in clans.

just giving a overview how many people think about UT3 right now. Me personally thinks the game should be released when its done, but theres a limit (in example u cant polish/finnish the game like 10 years after u showed the first screenies of the game) i hope the game will be released this year, and based on the time and caring epic put into this game i hope we have like one of the best game in this decenia!!! :>

Comment

Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post

I know its very important that the game is done and works perfectly when its released, but where's the limit? how long can u continue polishing the game and let the people "wait"? the first images/videos etc about UT3 are from years ago. We all want a very good game, but its sad to see ur friends/clanmates/people where u played against for years leave the game for something else, mainly because they feel the release of UT3 is streched too much. This is a sad thing for active players like me who play this game allmost daily in clans.

just giving a overview how many people think about UT3 right now. Me personally thinks the game should be released when its done, but theres a limit (in example u cant polish/finnish the game like 10 years after u showed the first screenies of the game) i hope the game will be released this year, and based on the time and caring epic put into this game i hope we have like one of the best game in this decenia!!! :>
                        Yes I'd have to agree. We all want a complete product of course, but we also don't want people to lose interest altogether. There will be some new info at E3 which is next month, hopefully that will spark some interest where some has been lost already with some people. If people want to abandon UT3 altogether, that's just sad then, they can't wait for a finished product.

A good solution would be to maybe release one or two screenshots a month to keep people interested in the game, something to look forward to. In alot of epic videos I see the president / vice president saying "finding the sweet spot" for the release date. Hopefully that sweet spot isn't too far off. And of course alot of people say "Take your time epic, polish it..." but like you say here, polish it how much? For the next 3 years? By then people will be deep into another game and will have forgotten about UT3.

That is what happened with stalker. People were waiting and waiting for it to be finished, by the time it came out, mostly everyone had lost interest in it already and had abandoned it. I hope this will not be the case with UT3 at all.

Comment

Those are very good points Pontiff.
                          If other games come along before UT3, then it will lose a lot of players.
                          We got UT3, Crysis, and Quake Wars all on their way later this year (probably others too).
                          It looks like Quake wars is going to be first out as it's just gone into public beta. Lots of UT3 players might like it and by the time UT3 comes out, they are clanned up and heavily into Quake Wars - hence no purchase of UT3.
                          Ok quake wars is quite different to UT3, but it's still a FPS.
                          Crysis is much less different and looks very fast paced with all the stuff you can do with the suit. UT3 better beat that game out the door.

Comment

No, you guys DO NOT have good points. For one thing, Epic has never given a release date for a reason. Does the phrase " in two weeks" ring a bell, at all? I repeat, Epic never promised to have the game out by a given date. It is assumed by most that in order to have kept the UT2007 name, Epic would have delivered the game no later than summer of 2007 (about right now). Therefore, no claims can made that the game has been delayed, unless you make the assumption that the should have been delivered somewhere between fall of 2006 and spring of 2007. And those claims are invalid, as well.

The game has been in development for about 2 and a half two years or so, and is being developed for two consoles and PC. GoW was in development for about three and was developed for a single platform. Do the math.

Comment

E3 is July 11-13, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                                E3 is July 11-13, 2007
                                thanks for the reminder, Mark ! **** those 3 days i'm in the states, I'll spend most of my time looking for updates instead of getting out

/me looks posts above...
                                does that mean that Mark Rein hinted that a release date will be given at E3 ? I hope not, I dunno why
                                I don't want a date, I want a demo !

*hint*Mark, there's a BU thread directed to you by the way... *hint*

Comment

Working...
                                X