Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be alot of info on UT3 at E3 '07?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If memory serves me correct, Epic released, or was planning to, the Unreal Tournament 2003 demo during the E3 of 2002. Planning yes, since this (for those who are of the later generation / console gamers) marked the infamous "two weeks" era, where after the E3, Epic said that the delay afterwards would take no more then two weeks, but in the end launching the demo on september 13th 2002.

So there is a slight possibility that the UT2007 demo will also be released around the E3...in two weeks.

Comment

It is my belief that people who are harping on this alleged lack of publicity by Epic are nothing more than a bunch of spoiled brats who do not have a clue. Yeah, moron, you know I'm talking about you. Put down the Big Gulp, turn off the computer and game console, go outside, get some sun, and you just might be able to clear up some of that acne.

Keep in mind that there is more than one company involved in UT3. Not only is Epic developing the game, Midway is publishing it. On top of that, you have Microsoft and Sony that will be plugging the game for their respective platforms. How can anyone actually believe that this game will NOT get advertising prior to launch?

Comment

Originally posted by Mastame View Post
        Well you definitely got a point there... Still, I wasn't really talking about that. My main point was ''lack of advertising'' instead of ''way of advertising'', on which I agree with you. My post was a reply to people going all ''weh weh the advertising is ****, we don't know anything and Warhammer is doing it x times better as they're telling us more''.
        ay fair enough mate, i see your point now and it makes sense, we were on different tracks.

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
        It is my belief that people who are harping on this alleged lack of publicity by Epic are nothing more than a bunch of spoiled brats who do not have a clue. Yeah, moron, you know I'm talking about you. Put down the Big Gulp, turn off the computer and game console, go outside, get some sun, and you just might be able to clear up some of that acne.
        I can't rly see how those ppl are spoiled, nor how they supposingly don't have a social life? If anything I'd say it's probably the opposite... They're just worried the game they've been looking forward to might not recieve the publicity it deserves, which is fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post
          They're just worried the game they've been looking forward to might not recieve the publicity it deserves, which is fair enough.
          The game does not even have an public release date. Why would anyone start advertising it now? Do you see TV ads taking place months before any game is released? Besides, the supposed lack of advertising of the perceived debacles that were UT2003 and UT2004 cannot be compared to how Epic and its business partners will handle advertising for UT3. For one thing, UT2003/4 really were not Epic products, well, not directly, AFAIK. UT3 really is Epic's sequel to the original UT, so I would bet that the advertising will be much better this time around.

You voiced your concerns, now please quit harping on Epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
            Yes we are going to show off some VERY cool things for UT3 at E3 this year!
            Any word on where we should look online for coverage? I'm not totally sure on what exactly has been changed about E3, as far as press and such. Will Epic be putting up any video on this site, or possibly have a thread dedicated to bringing us the latest news from E3? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
              If memory serves me correct, Epic released, or was planning to, the Unreal Tournament 2003 demo during the E3 of 2002. Planning yes, since this (for those who are of the later generation / console gamers) marked the infamous "two weeks" era, where after the E3, Epic said that the delay afterwards would take no more then two weeks, but in the end launching the demo on september 13th 2002.

So there is a slight possibility that the UT2007 demo will also be released around the E3...in two weeks.
              This time round I think we are going to have the 2 years era. I mean wern't this game supposed to come out in 2006, its rolling onto 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                Yes we are going to show off some VERY cool things for UT3 at E3 this year!
                I had a feeling that UT3 would make an appearance in this year's E3. Thanks for that bit of info, Mr. Rein.

Comment

What can we expect at E3? I know we can expect "cool stuff" but what exactly? I'm dying of excitment here

Comment

Originally posted by Vendetta View Post
                    What can we expect at E3? I know we can expect "cool stuff" but what exactly? I'm dying of excitment here
                    Uhm .. Wait an' see ? Like the rest of us poor saps ?

Comment

I am not worried about what is gonna be displayed but rather wondering as to when the E3 2007 will be held. If anyone has any idea, do inform me. Secondly as Crotale mentioned, I am not worried about the advertising of UT3 as there are big companies laying their bucks on the table for the success of this game.

Comment

The game does not evben have an public release date. Why would anyone start advertising it now? Do you see TV ads taking place months before any game is released? Besides, the supposed lack of advertising of the perceived debacles that were UT2003 and UT2004 cannot be compared to how Epic and its business partners will handle advertising for UT3. For one thing, UT2003/4 really were not Epic products, well, not directly, AFAIK. UT3 really is Epic's sequel to the original UT, so I would bet that the advertising will be much better this time around.

You voiced your concerns, now please quit harping on Epic.
                        Simply put, I think you are going to be heavily dissapointed, but lets see what happens.

Comment

You know, I'd much rather enjoy a good game than good advertising .. And the game will be done when it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post
                            Simply put, I think you are going to be heavily dissapointed, but lets see what happens.
                            What kind of advertising do you expect to see? You do realize that PC-based games rarely, if ever, get TV advertising. Yet, a lot of PC only games go on to have huge successes. Console games are the ones that get advertised. Honestly, have you ever sen a WoW commercial on TV? I never have, yet it has become one of the most popular online games ever, all without TV ads. Coincidentally, UC2 commercials were blasted on the TV airwaves for several months (before and after launch) and it didn't fair well at all, yet Gears was only advertised for a few weeks leading up to its launch and it was a resounding success.

I have no fantasies about whether or not the companies involved in creating, publishing and supporting UT3 will advertise it enough to help make the game a success. It's their call. What the hell do I care if they fail or succeed? I am simply a UT fan and hope that I get a good game to play.

Comment

What the hell do I care if they fail or succeed? I am simply a UT fan and hope that I get a good game to play.
                              I care because I would love to have the game 'in the spotlight', and with a huge amount of people online.

Comment

Patience, young padawan. Good things come to those who do not pee their pants in anticipation.

Comment

Working...
                                X