Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Will there be alot of info on UT3 at E3 '07?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Destini View Post
    Release the frickin demo already, people started losing interest 2 months ago.
    Who are theses "people"?

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
      Who are theses "people"?
      you must sit on here 24/7.

This guy on the BU forums had it all too right:

Originally posted by Shlomo
      Aherm

warhammeronline.com

THAT is ****ing quality advertising right there. Monthly newsletters, THAT IS USED EVERY MONTH BTW. New podcasts explaining key aspects of the game released EVERY MONTH

Class information released EVERY MONTH

Game dynamics information released EVERY MONTH

****, that game is slated for Q1 08, and epic games and midway can't even come up with 1/10th the marketing, information, and hype?

Here is an example, over 200,000 people signed up for the Warhammer Online beta within 10 days of beta sign ups being open. Hows that for hype? UT3 will never see 200,000 people playing online in its lifetime.

Oh, by the way, all of those sign ups for beta were unique, Mythic has already weeded out all of the doubles and sign ups that didn't include their DxDiag information (which is required)
      http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showt...=186569&page=2

There is not enough hype in comparison to the other games, it's annoying that it's going to be ****ing crushed.

Comment

Well, it's not like Epic has done that much PR for the previous UT titles as well. The problem with new info is that you might spoil too much. I mean, we know it's UT, so we already know most of the weapons. Some new ones have been already revealed, like the Stinger, Hammer and Enforcers. There is not much left to announce exept for the new sniper rifle, the new grenade/mine launcher, maybe an unknown superweapon and the remaining Necris vehicles. All those revelations must be spread equally across the remaining time until release. And since even Epic doesn't seem to know when that will be, they have to be careful not to tell too much too quickly. Otherwise, there would come the point when every aspect of the game will be known and that's the time when people will really start loosing interest.
        You just can't compare UT3 with an MMO or Starcraft 2, where they present a new unit every one or two weeks. Both games simply have a lot more elements, so they can give away more information. Starcraft 2 will most likely have a very large unit/building-pool, so if they release information about a single one every 2 weeks, they can probably continue with it for more than two years. WAR is an MMO, it will have such a large amount of content, you won't run out of stuff quickly. But UT3 will have 15 weapons, 18 vehicles, a translocator and a hoverboard. Epic wouldn't get very far with these numbers and after all stuff has been revealed, there will come a long time with no info at all because everything has already been said. During that period it might very well be that some people might loose interest. And the ones that stay around will spam the forums with "where is teh dem0???!!11"-threads. No thanks, I'd rather stay patient.

@topic: Well, E3 will be a lot smaller than it used to be and it's a pure press event now, I don't know how much information we can expect from there. But I hope Epic will have a playable version available at Leipzig Games Convention in august. If they will, I might pay the con a visit, haven't been there for 2 years...

Comment

Originally posted by jfrizzle14 View Post
          Hey, i was just wondering if epic was going to show off some cool things on UT3 at E3. If theres gonna be some info, then this games hype is gonna be equal to halo hype or even better! lol.
          Yes we are going to show off some VERY cool things for UT3 at E3 this year!

Comment

you must sit on here 24/7.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showt...=186569&page=2

There is not enough hype in comparison to the other games, it's annoying that it's going to be ****ing crushed.
            i cant agree more man, thats exactly what i was thinking in my mind. if there isnt as much AD's on this game like gears of war, then the sales would suck really bad and wont be as much people on xbl

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
              forget my last quote guys...thanks mark for responding

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post

Yea good news mark

Comment

Nice,
                  any info when this year's E3 will take place?

Comment

Originally posted by Raynor View Post
                    Nice,
                    any info when this year's E3 will take place?
                    it start july 11-13. its gonna be held in santa monica, california

Comment

Good, then it's not far away.

Comment

Yea hm, as comparing UT3 to Warhammer Online is really fair.
                        Warhammer Online is a ****ing gargantuan game compared to UT3, they can't come 6 weeks beforehand like ''hai guyz well this is our game and how i'z gonna be''... what do you think would have happened if Blizzard did that with World of Warcraft? A game like Warhammer Online needs this kind of elaborate marketing, as the game itself is so elaborate. It requires introduction for people to be able to play it, whereas UT3 is ''just a shooter''. Do you really want every aspect of this game handed to you on a plate before it's released? Do you really want to know everything that can be done in the game, before you get to play it?... You didn't know everything about UT2003 before it was out, you knew the basics and that's it. Just like we do know with UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastame View Post
                          Yea hm, as comparing UT3 to Warhammer Online is really fair.
                          Yea hm, cause that's rly ****ing relevant. Do you think the customers who know nothing about UT are gonna see it that way? Ofc they're not gonna think about their invalid comparison, they're gonna see one more hyped up than the other. Games these days are gonna need to prepare to go up against MMO's, a **** load of UT2004 players left it for WoW. Either way, the game's still ****ed unless it suddenly gets a huge amount of attention, which I can't see happening.

Comment

I'm not talking about the point of the comparison, read the rest of the post fcs..

Comment

Think outside of the box ffs... If I knew nothing about UT I'd see UT3 as another episode in an old series, which Epic are now trying to bring into the light after the success of Gears. Unfortunately, there just isn't much advertising of the whole 'cult' behind the UT games, it just looks like a futuristic first person shooter with colourful guns and vehicles.
                              The best thing I've seen done so far was the "In 2291..." video remake because it showed history to the success of the previous games.
                              For example, dodging is often not used in video footage because it is deemed 'too confusing' for new players. So ye, there's probably a lot of truth in that... The only problem is the game looks slow and, tbh, pretty ****ing dull without it, they should advertise just how fast skilled people can be, thus making new players want to achieve that talent themselves.

Comment

Well you definitely got a point there... Still, I wasn't really talking about that. My main point was ''lack of advertising'' instead of ''way of advertising'', on which I agree with you. My post was a reply to people going all ''weh weh the advertising is ****, we don't know anything and Warhammer is doing it x times better as they're telling us more''.

Comment

Working...
                                X