Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is an invisibility pickup.

Comment

Quake 1 .... back when... there were "relics" made available (orginally you got a relic from each major area you completed..... soon as you got 4, you could continue onto the final boss). In multiplayer.. they were introduced to provide what was basically mentioned above.... Aside from the orginal Quad Damage, and Pendent of protection.... the 4 other relics provided haste/damage amp/better shield/and i'm not sure what the other one was... but mods added in and modified some other relics to produce many other effects...

The above i beleive is where the whole Relic system orginated from.

UT99 with the bonus packs provided the other relics we are likely familare with.... the Relic of Vengence was the one where the moment you died, a massive skull appeared over where you had died..... and gave you about 1 second to realize you were freaking roasted.... Was an excellent thing to see as you fragged the guys ***... and emediately said after seeing the big skull "Oh -_-" and badaboom, you and quite a number others were roasted...

Or in the case where you were the holder, when you got picked off, you usually thought "dammit" and then emediately you were greeted with other peoples body parts flying around and your frag count dramactically going through the roof... course it's all luck of the draw.... if someone can hide quick enough..

The orginal Relics were the best..... from the UT99.... or as some refer... GOTY UT

The Adrenline system was.... well, kinda rediculious.. as depending on whom could get to the top in adreniline and get a pattern going the soonest. The more they rolled everyone over.... and Actually the longer the bonuses lasted. Which didn't make sense as you'd think, it would make sense to give adreniline boosts to someone that is at the lowest... like a bottom feeder.....

Basically adrenline was making the powerful WAY more powerful the the weaker, just the much weaker... Very little chance of winning without a lucky few shots to slow the ******* down.

Comment

I didn't much like adrenaline. I'm glad it's gone.

Comment

I didn't like adrenaline in DM or TDM, but it fits perfectly in TAM. I think 3spn will add Adrenaline to just the TAM mod =D

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
            I didn't like adrenaline in DM or TDM, but it fits perfectly in TAM. I think 3spn will add Adrenaline to just the TAM mod =D
            That would be fun.
            I like pickups which you lose if you die w/them, eg relics.

Comment

Yipiee no adrenaline! Man im really glad about this.

I just want the old nice UT99 feeling.

Comment

I never did care for adrenaline either. Glad its not making a comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by re8 View Post
                  I like pickups which you lose if you die w/them, eg relics.
                  I think you drop pickups when you die by default in UT3. UDamage for sure anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                    I think you drop pickups when you die by default in UT3. UDamage for sure anyway...
                    Yes you can, but for you do die I guess the shield belt has to be depleted.

You can knock of powerups with the IH secondary though.

Comment

Working...
                    X