IDEA: Don LaFontaine optional Announcer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDEA: Don LaFontaine optional Announcer

I know this has been discussed in the past, but I thought I'd revive it with an Epic tag to get more attention hopefully.

At any rate, I'd really like to have an optional announcer between him and a dark and gritty UT style announcer.

Aye!

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
    I know this has been discussed in the past, but I thought I'd revive it with an Epic tag to get more attention hopefully.

At any rate, I'd really like to have an optional announcer between him and a dark and gritty UT style announcer as will.
    I'd agree in that I'd rather there be selectable announcer voices. I'm not sure how that would work between the interactions with the server and client end, unless the serverside is coded to just send a 'play sound file umpty scratch' and then the clientside would play it, using the player selected announcer voice. That'd be kewl! I could deal with female voices as well!

Intentsly
    (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

Originally posted by intentsly View Post
      I'd agree in that I'd rather there be selectable announcer voices. I'm not sure how that would work between the interactions with the server and client end, unless the serverside is coded to just send a 'play sound file umpty scratch' and then the clientside would play it, using the player selected announcer voice. That'd be kewl! I could deal with female voices as well!

Intentsly
      (UT99~ [--]Torturia)
      Works perfectly fine in UT2k3/4. 4 announcers to choose from.

Comment

He doesn't seem like that much of an "Unreal" announcer to me, in fact seeing the official UT3 trailer was kinda funny, considering it sounded like he was talking about a very lame movie idea. Meh, wouldn't mind to hear my head shots being announced by someone new :O

Comment

I'm happy as long the sexy female announcer makes a return.

Comment

The sexy announcer had trouble counting down from 10 coherently :/
            every other number would be moaned but i think that was only in TAM.
            Keep her for the "Holy sh*t!" ahaha

Comment

I definitely liked the UT1/'99 announcer. I don't want a sports announcer, nor an announcer that has his voice ditigally altered to sound 'dark'. Atm I'm using Sexy, because there's no proper alternative.

Comment

2k what?

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                Works perfectly fine in UT2k3/4. 4 announcers to choose from.
                Oh right, they did make games with those titles...

<wipes the dust off some very unused game cd cases with barely touched cd's in them> I even had bought them...

Ah my foolish days! Hopefully I'll not be a fool(ed?) again come this next release!

(and yes its a one in a billion shot that'd I'll not be a fool again... theres still a chance! )
                Intentsly
                (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

Who's Don LaFontaine?

Is he the guy that narrated the UT storyline in the UT3 trailer? That voice was quite okay, it's just a bit too modified in the vid.
                  ''In 229-oneeee, in an attempt to control violence among deep-space minerrrsss, the Liandri Mining Corporation established a series of leagues and bloody public exhibtionsss. For 50 years, the fights' popularity grew with their brutalityyy.''

I liked the UT announcer alot. It was very clean, ''Congratulations, you're the winner!''. They went alot heavier after that.

Comment

I would love it. :-)

Comment

"In a world where CTF has vehicles...."

Comment

and threadsssss dissappearrrrrr without a tracccceee....

Comment

One gameee, one desireee, epic games hopefully this year isss, Unreal Tournament 3eeee.

Comment

Don LaFontaine has nice deep voice, if there any chance to hire him as optional announcer, it wil be cool.
                            However, the voice from trailer with Chinese level sounds even deeper, almost evil. =) I guess epic used some FX processing to add original voice subtle demonic shade, I like it even more then sexy female announcer from UT2004. =)

Comment

James Earl Jones FTW.

Comment

Working...
                              X