Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are YOU worried about concerning UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm only worried about rocket speed and flak primary. If rockets are going to be even slower than they were in UT2K4 then they will be near to useless at long range and ridiculously overpowered at close range if they are increasing damage to compensate. These are rockets as one person said! If they traveled any slower than they do in UT2K4 it wouldn't be physically possible! Please bring it faster than in ut2k4. But not as fast as q3 rockets :P

As for flak. The Primary fire shrapnel needs to decay and decay very quickly because this weapon is infamous for spam in UT2K4 deathmatch. It's funny how the 'shotgun' of UT2k4 is useful at all ranges because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by S!nN View Post
      I'm only worried about rocket speed and flak primary. If rockets are going to be even slower than they were in UT2K4 then they will be near to useless at long range and ridiculously overpowered at close range if they are increasing damage to compensate. These are rockets as one person said! If they traveled any slower than they do in UT2K4 it wouldn't be physically possible! Please bring it faster than in ut2k4. But not as fast as q3 rockets :P
      the ut1 rl was slower than 2k4 and was a joy to use.

Comment

My concerns are:

Gameplay
        My worry is that they won't get the game play right (again). UT2003/4 had nerfed weapons and a movement system that was way too complex for a simple FPS fragger. I know a lot of people felt this added depth and longevity but keeping things simple yet effective always works best, as UT proves. This should also hopefully make the game more accessible to all audiences. Overall keep the movement system simple but do it well.

Weapons
        This falls under gameplay too, buts its a wider issue I think. I really felt the weapons in UT2003/4 were a let down. They didn't have the presence or power that the originals had. In UT the weapons were nigh on spammy with high rates of fire and I never once felt 'naked' using any of them. In UT2003/4 I felt many were so nerfed that they weren't fun or effective enough to use. I'd like to see that feeling of holding a powerful and useful weapon back, its a feeling UT gave to all players novice to seasoned (probably the cause of so much moaning too ).

Powerups
        Make the shield useful again! I beg of you! Having it deduct alongside health points really detracts from its original purpose I feel. Armour and thigh pads served this purpose already in UT. What I'm trying to say is I'd like to see this system of two tiered powerups back, with ones that fully and partially protect the player. And give the other players some indication someone is fully protected (shield belt glow), it adds exhilaration and a sense of fear.

Tournament Feel
        Bring back the tournament feel. I felt like I was playing another Fifa or wrestling game rehash with UT2003/4. You can't beat the gritty criminal vs criminal arena style and atmosphere of UT. Many of the arenas had a purposeful feel about them, and a good layout (Tempest and Liandri for example). I felt this was totally non-existent in UT2003/4. Every map seemed to made because it looked pretty (regardless of whether it fitted the game theme or not), with the exception of a few.

Maps
        Following on from above I'd like to see better laid out maps. I love gimmick maps etc, and I'd be gutted if there were none, but I'd like to see much more maps with good Z-Axis opportunities and use of walkways, lifts, alcoves etc much like some of the best maps in UT. I also feel they should fit into the tournament feel, and have a good atmosphere and purpose about them.

Oh, and its the Pulse Rifle, not the Link Gun imo.

Comment

I'm worried that Epic might not be focusing enough on the aspects of the game that will lead to lasting competitive and casual gameplay. Sure, the wow factor is important (and if Epic is out to make money, that's all that really matters... GoW anyone?), but if they sincerely want to save the UT franchise with a lasting title, they have to make the game last. This means continued support, not only in patches and a master server, but also anti-cheat, competitive event support, etc.

A while back I made a post on my 5 most important qualities that make a fun, competitive game, all of which carry over to casual players. I hope at least one guy at Epic will read them

Comment

Originally posted by sas*w)v View Post
            the ut1 rl was slower than 2k4 and was a joy to use.
            Actually I always felt the UT1 RL was little use outside of CTF (where it was mostly used to spam corridors) and FFA DM. (where it was mostly used to spam corridors)
            Of course, the sniper rifle having a higher rate of fire, doing about 40 more damage on a headshot and being easier to aim didn't help either.

Raffi_B: it may be worth noting Epic designed the maps and gameplay seperately from the graphics. Besides visibility, I think any errors Epic make in making the game suitable for competetive play won't be because they concentrated too much on the wow-factor, especially where post-release support is concerned. (by then the graphics are all done anyway)

Comment

maybe it strange but im not worried too much; i trust Epics they will make exellent game.

Comment

1) that i'll be back at uni so won't have hardly anytime to play it.
                2) that they've removed dodge-jump. i can't get into UT99 anymore because the movement is so dam slow and basic without it, i still havn't heard a decent complaint against it, most consist of "i don't like multi tasking!"

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post
                  1) that i'll be back at uni so won't have hardly anytime to play it.
                  2) that they've removed dodge-jump. i can't get into UT99 anymore because the movement is so dam slow and basic without it, i still havn't heard a decent complaint against it, most consist of "i don't like multi tasking!"
                  I haven't heard any decent argument to keep it, most consist of "I won't get to play acrobat anymore, I might actually have to take a hit or two"
                  <insert>cry me a river</here!>

Intentsly
                  (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

Originally posted by intentsly View Post
                    <insert>cry me a river</here!>

Intentsly
                    (UT99~ [--]Torturia)
                    *sniff*

lol

Comment

Originally posted by intentsly View Post
                      I haven't heard any decent argument to keep it
                      I will gladly emphasize this argument, if you have missed it in Destini's post:

because the movement is so dam slow and basic without it

Comment

RE: Dodge Jump

Time to get over it and move on, please.

Comment

Worried about the same very very slow vehicles, special the tank

Comment

Originally posted by steak View Post
                            i hate the sniper rifle, never use it, i just like the whole killing ppl w/ lightning idea lol, i like how the lightning gun is now in ut2004, its my main weapon in tam! well i hope they make a mod for it quick )
                            The sniper in UT2k4 wont be like the UT3 sniper, the sniper in UT3 is most likely going to be a closer brother to the lg then what its name implies. UT3's sniper has a tracer.

Comment

What are YOU worried about concerning UT3?
                              System specs, and how it's going to lower game quality to suit slower PC's, unless we're going to have super high detail stuff, only playable on 2+ Core CPU and 8800GTX Ultra's.

But what's really concerning me, is the release date.

Comment

my deplorable Geforce 6100 dx9 and Dual Core 4200 not compatible with UT3

Comment

Working...
                                X