Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are YOU worried about concerning UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worry not!

If I had any worries they would be primarily about the gameplay staying the same as in the 2k series. Otherwise I'd say no worries just lets all have some good, clean, habit forming fun fragging, gibbing and just plain killing each other
    ~
    Epic shall come through with a really good game, I mean they do read these forums. I don't know how thoroughly they do, but I'm sure they are listening. It must take time to filter through all these and pick out the gold nuggets from the chaff. Epic's done well on many things and they appear to be listening to what we all liked and disliked with prior versions (including UT99).
    ~
    Hardware concerns are for those who worry about playing at the highest of settings. If you can't seem to play on higher settings, you will then need to upgrade in order to do so. Its that simple.
    If you don't mind lower settings, you can still have a good time. If not its not worth playing otherwise, right?
    ~
    Modes of gameplay answer: Epic and/or the Modding community.
    ~
    Let us keep the K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid) kind of attitude. Do not worry about what modes are going to be included in the game. Epic does well at this and yet, like all other humans, has their bad moments. Keep a positive attitude and be pro-active (helpful). This will only allow Epic to "hit" this release right out of the park and give us some good frags for our money!

Intentsly
    (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

Originally posted by Devastator View Post
      The game will run on Linux, but you will need Windows to run UnrealEd.
      Maybe under Wine it will.
      But then the editor uses wxWindows which is cross platform, so I guess it could be native too

Comment

I'm not really worried about the game it self but mostly about the hardware requirements. Right now I'm worried if my scheme to get my parents help pay for a brand now kickass gaming PC will work. It's tricky but I think my dad is starting to budge.

Comment

I'm worried that when it IS released, instead of people buying it, playing it, and enjoying it for what it is, wtahever it is. People will only play the "OMGWTF this isn't exactly like I I I ME ME ME wanted so I am just going to complain" game.

Comment

Hello Forum,

i am worried about that (Double) Domination will be not a part of the game !

Comment

Originally posted by General.Jung View Post
              Hello Forum,

i am worried about that (Double) Domination will be not a part of the game !
              Even if it isn't, I have no doubt that it will be modded in. I do believe that (D)DOM has a large enough amount of players for that.

Comment

i quit worring long ago i realize that Epic has lost sight of what UT was and with the continued trend this will again not be a UT game.... what ever it turns out to be i hope you all enjoy it ...it has been 5 years since we had a decent game to play i guess i have lost interest....or gave up hope ,in any case i wish the game good luck and all who play it have fun..

Comment

I'm worried it's taking too long. Fortunantly all the other games I care about (Spore, SC2, Crysis, Quake Wars) seem to be slipping into 2008 release dates as well, so there may be a possibility that this game is released before I get occupied with other ones.

Comment

I'm worried that die hard fans of UT99 won't give UT3 a try, because they think Epic can't make this one as good or better than UT99. C'mon guys, don't give up on UT3 yet.

Comment

UT99'ers do want UT3!

Originally posted by Malakai View Post
                      I'm worried that die hard fans of UT99 won't give UT3 a try, because they think Epic can't make this one as good or better than UT99. C'mon guys, don't give up on UT3 yet.
                      I don't think that Epic has forsaken original Unreal/UT fans and I think that if its just as good or better we'll go with UT3 (I'm obviously a UT99 fan ). UT99 still has a huge fan base, maybe a bit older group than the 2k fans but still strong and vibrant.
                      ~
                      UT3 may be the one that turns our heads in interest, instead of the 2k ones that turned our heads away in disgust. This is still the hope! Its the waiting that tests everyone's mettle (ability to hold out for it).
                      ~
                      So, lets just all hope we find something under the shrinkwrap that fulfills everyone's wants/expectations.

Intentsly
                      (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

I fear that by the time they release the game, I will have to upgrade my Pc again

I think they should fix the translocators back to UT99 styles so you can telepunt!

Having said that, I am mostly interested in modding the engine, and not the game

Comment

What fuegerstef and boksha said basically, anything along those lines is what Im worried about

Comment

I'm worried about's the gameplay on foot (TDM-ICTF-TAM). I hope it will be good and not a game focused on the fu*cing vehicule like BF2142and ****s like that.

The thing I hope is a game where the ut99 and ut2k4 community + some new players can have fun on 1 single game finally all together

Comment

I'm not worried bout hardware requirements. First it seems they did a good job at making the engine scalable and optimizing it. Second, I'll have to get a new PC anyway, and if the requirements are very high I'll simply have to wait a few months longer before doing so.

IMO UT99 had almost perfect gameplay, good weapon balance and was lots of fun. I'd have been happy with UT2k if it had been a UT99 with nicer graphics and some additions like the new game modes, etc, i.e. more of the same but more polished. But it wasn't, it was something different. Yet after a while I, like others, came to enjoy UT2k. Both generations have it's merits. I think exactly the same thing will happen with UT3.

My worries are:
                              - That 1x1 and 2x2 (T)DM gameplay sucks
                              - That they mess up this ons/as hybrid
                              - That most maps shipped with the game are bad
                              - That the weapons have even less oomph (I feel that from 99 to 2k all weapons got dumbed down in one way or another except the bio), but I guess they are doing something against it when they say they want to make the gameplay less floaty...
                              - That vehicles vs. foot soldiers stays unbalanced. IMHO there should be less vehicles but that last longer...
                              - That the shock won't have the primary range reduced and that a combo still costs you 5 ammo
                              - that secondary flack still won't have a better (longer) trajectory
                              - that secondary pulse will still be of little use (ah, the UT99 pulse ...)
                              - That bots stay dumb cheaters like Demon Guardian said (hey, sometimes you gotta complete teams with them or play against them if you're not online). **** there's so much wrong about them to list here... They don't have team tactics, they almost never join you in a vehicle, their movement and aim is so not human like (FCS, when will they implement the simulation of a player moving and aiming with KB+mouse??), they have eyes in the back, they always are aware of everything that happens on the map (instead of trying to simulate the information they get by visual, sound and team com), they are sooo predictable, they can't drive, etc etc
                              - That we'll see the increase of paid extras like community services and bonus content

Epic is investing a lot of energy in the console **** for the $, but I'm fine with it as long as the PC versions are as good as it gets and I won't have to play with a gamepad

Comment

My worries are that even with the settings and resolution as low as they'll go, the game will still lag on my machine in single player (or that the system requirements for the demo and actual game will differ drastically), we won't see the game until sometime in 2008 or later, and that my finances will be such that i won't be able to afford the game when it comes out.

I ran into the settings thing with UT2004 on the laptop i had at the time, and wasn't all too happy. The 2008 thing can't really be helped, and while i get more anxious the longer Epic holds onto the game, i will still wait. As for money, i'll just have to make sure i bite the bullet on the new turn coming up in my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X