Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are YOU worried about concerning UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the Rocket Launcher: I remember hearing somewhere it *maybe* was gonna be used to replace the avril. Or at least the avril was never confirmed.
    I hope not, UT3 rockets wouldn't out pace a Hellbender by the looks of them. Which brings me on to my concern, vehicle vs foot troop balance in warfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Dredd Lox View Post
      I'm worried that just like in UT2004 whenever I get out of a vehicle I will get out on the side with a cliff and fall to my death or when I try to use my vehicle as a shield I will get out on the side the other team is fireing at or when I stop to pick something up I will AGAIN have to run around the vehicle to get to whatever it is. This is by far the worst thing about this game in my opinion. TAKE NOTE YOU UT3 DESIGNERS! SERIOUSLY, WTF? You go to such extremes to make this game look as lifelike as possible but you can't code the game to ACT as lifelike? Hell, even if you made it so we ALWAYS GET OUT ON THE DRIVERS SIDE, it would be a VAST IMPROVEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#@$%&#@$ FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I agree with this, really. This is horrible in UT2004.

Something would be to make it so that whichever direction you press, you exit. Press A and get out left, press D and get out right.

Comment

Originally posted by Lert View Post
        My biggest worry: that people will have their opinion ready and are VERY generous with it, despite the fact that none of us have played it yet.

Oh. Wait.
        You'd have a point if this thread was titled "What do you dislike about UT3". Nothing wrong with a bit of speculation, particularly considering we actually have quite a lot to go by. Posts from the Epic staff, in-game video material, previews in magazines...

Comment

Originally posted by Mastame View Post
          I agree with this, really. This is horrible in UT2004.

Something would be to make it so that whichever direction you press, you exit. Press A and get out left, press D and get out right.
          Shambler's ONSPlus mutator has these types of capabilities for UT2004:

Drop Checks: If an exit point of your vehicle is at a long drop you will not get out of that exit point unless all points are at a drop.

Dodge Style Exit Selection: You can now choose which side of your vehicle you want to get out from - Added configurable options for how this should function. (Client side and server side)

Comment

People keep going on about system specs and yet they've always said it'll be extremely scalable.
            I'd guess old hardware WILL run it at playable frame rates, but detail settings will need to be set low maybe even ultra low. There is Crysis, UE3 built Bioshock and the rest so this won't be a problem unique to UT3 , on a positive note Epic have always been great at squeezing out subtle performance improvements from clever implementation and tech optimizations.

Comment

I'm worried that inhuman-godlike bots will stay dumb cheaters as they are now or even worse. I'm not going to play online, so one of the most important thing I expect from UT3 is clever bots in DM and CTF. Considering what I've seen so far, bots' behaviour is still dumb and annoying, it's sad.
              But if UT3 is going to be "UT99 with vehicles", I won't play it at all ('cause I like none of them), so there will be no reason for me to bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
                Shambler's ONSPlus mutator has these types of capabilities for UT2004:

Drop Checks: If an exit point of your vehicle is at a long drop you will not get out of that exit point unless all points are at a drop.

Dodge Style Exit Selection: You can now choose which side of your vehicle you want to get out from - Added configurable options for how this should function. (Client side and server side)

Thanks but the problem is that most servers do not have this installed.

Comment

I'm worried that Epic will not support linux, for both the game and for the editor.

Comment

Not verry worried..but I hope Warfare turns out to be a great gametype that has a similar joyfactor to Onslought. The vehicles need to be balanced and all have a weak and strong spot that makes the vehicle unique. That big walker sounds like an indistructable vehicle wich doesnt have weakspots and that doesnt sound good. The balanced vehicles is what I like most in Ut2004.

Comment

Originally posted by Puke View Post
                      I'm worried that Epic will not support linux, for both the game and for the editor.
                      The game will run on Linux, but you will need Windows to run UnrealEd.

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                      You will need the Windows version of UT3 to create content for it. If your PC is inadequate for playing the game then it will most likely be inadequate for using the tools as well, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Devastator View Post
                        The game will run on Linux, but you will need Windows to run UnrealEd.
                        That quote was in a thread that was about PC vs. Console though. It could very well be a slipup. Then again, if I recall correctly the editor has so far never been supported under Linux, so for the Linux people keeping a Windows install handy might be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Dredd Lox View Post
                          ...TAKE NOTE YOU UT3 DESIGNERS! SERIOUSLY, WTF?... CAPSCAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#@$%&#@$ FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Hey take your pills!

Comment

I'm worried that games will take forever to make because developers will start to take too much whining into consideration.

Everybody wants to see a "perfect" game. Perfect = Preference.

Let them get the game done. Make suggestions after it's released. Give them time to patch it.

Comment

i'm just worried that the game is being made for 360 and PS3. I'm not against consoles or anything coz i meself own a 360, but the fact that having played all ut's so far and most of them being pc only, it just kinda feels odd. If your a die hard fan of ut, u'll know what i mean :P

or atleast they make the pc version cheaper and release the console versions late

Comment

Im worried that the fun factor wont be there like UT99. I remember getting ut2k3 and playing it over a month and quickly got bored of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X