Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are YOU worried about concerning UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Chiln_Viln
    I played at Comic-con, but out of respect for Epic I will refrain from critisizing their game demo because I know that it is not the final polished version. Most of the issues that I have with the experience are from the crappy LCD displays and misconfigured Alienware pieces of **** that they had us playing on. Severe motion blurr, dipping framerates and mouse lag to name a few. The only time I could see anything clearly was when standing still, not moving the mouse. Pretty bad IMO.
    Yeah, "Alienware pieces of ****." LOL!

Sounds like Chilin_Viln is just in a bad mood, I can't take what he wrote seriously.

As for ProjectUT's comment on bland and colorless, he better go get his eyes checked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
    Two major concerns:
    1. Looks, ATM it looks bland and colorless.
    2. Gameplay. ATM still looks much like UT2k4, weapon damage/fire sucks. Takes TOOOOOOOOOO long to kill a player with high powered weapons like the rocket launcher.

And that's going by the comicon videos!
    I hope this will ease your pain a bit, it did for me:

Originally posted by Chiln_Viln
    I played at Comic-con, but out of respect for Epic I will refrain from critisizing their game demo because I know that it is not the final polished version. Most of the issues that I have with the experience are from the crappy LCD displays and misconfigured Alienware pieces of **** that they had us playing on. Severe motion blurr, dipping framerates and mouse lag to name a few. The only time I could see anything clearly was when standing still, not moving the mouse. Pretty bad IMO.
    Also keep in mind that these blurry LCDs were filmed by a shaky cam which even more fades the colors' saturation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Naish View Post
    What are YOU worried about concerning UT3?
    Two major concerns:
    1. Looks, ATM it looks bland and colorless.
    2. Gameplay. ATM still looks much like UT2k4, weapon damage/fire sucks. Takes TOOOOOOOOOO long to kill a player with high powered weapons like the rocket launcher.

And that's going by the comicon videos!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Uncalm View Post
    But this isn't a sit, scope, and snipe game where it would be practical. It's a shoot off the side of your hip while flipping upside down off a wall dodge game. You don't have to worry about recoil or whether or not you're running or walking and if you want to run around gael sniping bots point-blank then by all means do
    Exactly! This ain't CS or something where you have recoil when jumping or even running. Here is where movement, speed and accuracy go hand in hand.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cuddles View Post
    Other games do it, and it is practical.
    But this isn't a sit, scope, and snipe game where it would be practical. It's a shoot off the side of your hip while flipping upside down off a wall dodge game. You don't have to worry about recoil or whether or not you're running or walking and if you want to run around gael sniping bots point-blank then by all means do

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cuddles View Post
    Oh no it's anything but practical!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Destini View Post
    i don't think removing the crosshair is a very practical solution mate

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i don't think removing the crosshair is a very practical solution mate

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Removing the crosshair from the SR and LG qould make them less usable in close ranges and decreasing the rate of fire would also do it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by B0T0X View Post
    Yes, a lot of us us lightening gun and use it well, but to rely solely on that would really be a sign of inexperience... A truly balanced and skilled player will balance his use of the weapons, as there is a time and a place for each.
    There is, however, no place where the LG and shock aren't good.
    Do you really think top players care about balancing their playing style when they could be busy winning?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The UT2004 resulted in larger maps compared to the player scale and less "in your face" combat.

And at larger distances hitscan weapons are more effective.

Also a reason while players TRY to keep distance from others.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xi0s View Post
    Having the dodge jump doesnt make the game more hitscan, the fact hitscan is already overpowering is the primary reason people don't use projectiles as much. You lower the power of the hitscan, problem rectified. Projectile weapons are plenty fast to be used effectively against dodge jumpers, in fact since it requires more skill, it becomes even more of an art form. And just about everything in UT3 is faster already from what I can tell. So if anything, it would prevent it from being too easy to hit people with projectiles. Create a shallow movement system, then the game is leaning too much on the spam heavy side. A good game balances weapons based on the movement dynamics, not vice versa. It makes things a lot more interesting that way, which is how it should be.
    The simplification of movement is my biggest concern.

I really don't think there is an excessive use of hitscan. I play with some very skilled players on a nightly basis... We play Freon together very often, a mode where you start with a full arsenal of weapons. I am usually in the mid to high range as far as kill counts go, and even flying around constantly with double-dodge jumps, there is PLENTY of projectile usage.

It is not uncommon for me to swap between LG, Shock, and Flak or Rockets within a 5-second span. I'll LG 'em, then they'll double-dodge jump toward me a little closer and I'll start shocking or shock comboing. If we get somewhat closer or I just want to vary it up some I'll swap to flak or rockets and try that out.

Yes, a lot of us us lightening gun and use it well, but to rely solely on that would really be a sign of inexperience... A truly balanced and skilled player will balance his use of the weapons, as there is a time and a place for each.

Yeah, we all have our preferences, but balance is what is important. One of my friends uses the goo gun almost excessively.... Granted it is a one hit kill, but she overuses it and also usually ends up with one of the lowest kill counts.

So does taking out double jumps balance the weapon usage? I don't think so. I use almost every weapon every round short of the Bio Rifle (which is sort of in a category of its own) and the Minigun (which I typically only use if I know they're low on health and I miss 3 or more projectile shots)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SKaREO View Post
    Not to be a jerk but I think the topic is what are YOU worried about concerning UT3.
    The thread's been around for a while; I've stated what I'm worried about ages ago and it hasn't changed yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The only things i'm worried about is if the game support 1440x900 resolution or not and if i'll be good with the flak cannon or not. Other then that, I just hope that the maps will be good and that the mappers will do a good job to keep the game alive and fun for years to come.

Oh, and I hope that my PC runs this game. Probably will, I run Roboblitz with 90+ FPS and I run Rainbow Six Vegas perfectly on max settings (50+ FPS most of the time, Lowest i got was 25 and the highest was 135)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    I wouldn't mind if there were real brands on there.
    Let's hope the fate of millions doesn't rest in your hands then...

Not to be a jerk but I think the topic is what are YOU worried about concerning UT3.

I can list at least 20 reasons why in-game ads are a bad idea, but this isn't the appropriate way to discuss them. I will likely start a new thread about them in which the community can decide what they think after some deeper thought.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X