Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are YOU worried about concerning UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wth? someone said that their taking off lightning gun?? thats like the gun i use most in tam :\ i love that gun! HS FTW!

i hope they don't make rockets slower

add some new interesting adrenaline combos maybe?

well idc if TAM comes out of the box or not, they better make one for ut3

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
      I'm worried that the rocketlauncher and flak secondary will be so slow they'll be dodgeable even at close range, making the shock and sniper the better alternative at all ranges except for prediction shots. Just something I noticed in the movies we saw so far, it seems that even if you fire a rocket a few yards away it takes a second or so before it reaches it's target and explodes.
      The flak secondary seemed... floaty.

Those worry me as well.
      Yes I share those worries, though I take the movies with a grain of salt as most have been console versions, which are confirmed to be slowed down.

I mainly worry that they don't get instagib perfectly right. Many factors here really, but if I worry that it won't feel like it's supposed to feel, or that they try to make it something that it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by steak View Post
        Wth? someone said that their taking off lightning gun?? thats like the gun i use most in tam :\ i love that gun! HS FTW!
        Don't get too worried about that. It's being replaced by the sniper rifle, which is the exact same basic concept as the LG. (point and click! Wheee!)
        Plus I'm sure someone will write a mod that replaces the sniper rifle with an LG that is 3x stronger and has double the fire rate and everybody will love it, because obviously stronger = better.

Comment

My biggest worry: that people will have their opinion ready and are VERY generous with it, despite the fact that none of us have played it yet.

Oh. Wait.

Comment

The only thing I worry about on UT3 would be the release date.

Comment

My main worries involve the possibility of the community turning Warfare into HoverboardRaceSkillTest. WF will become WTF in no time, and die the same horrible death AS'04 did (although, frankly, it asked for it).

Also, as with all innovations, it will take time to shake out the gameplay balances, and I hope Epic has done their jobs in hiring crack-fueled testers, to find the emergent exploits and possible uses and abuses of the game elements. This approach would have sped up the projectiles and lessened the power of the shock in 2k4, as well as touched on vehicle balance, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                Don't get too worried about that. It's being replaced by the sniper rifle, which is the exact same basic concept as the LG. (point and click! Wheee!)
                Plus I'm sure someone will write a mod that replaces the sniper rifle with an LG that is 3x stronger and has double the fire rate and everybody will love it, because obviously stronger = better.
                i hate the sniper rifle, never use it, i just like the whole killing ppl w/ lightning idea lol, i like how the lightning gun is now in ut2004, its my main weapon in tam! well i hope they make a mod for it quick )

btw can u point me to the right direction where they mentioned that LG was gonna be taken off?

Comment

I'm only worried with stuff that can put gamers away from UT3 and play ****.
                  - Too many game criticism because the shock is over/under powered, manta can't crouch like it used to, sniper rifle only instead of LG, etc...
                  - Steep learning curve.
                  - Bashing new players by the vocal minority. But don't screw with me, I'm a die hard noob
                  - Very high system requirements. No, I don't mind to be owned by someone with slower rig, higher ping, or a console gamepad.
                  - People don't respect Epic if the game has some flaws or is not what was expected, make them consider enough is enough and give the finger to Unreal, with much more time dedicated to other projects. Why bother with the guys that bashed UT2003, Unreal II, UC and UC2?
                  Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic
                  die the same horrible death AS'04 did
                  What was wrong with it?

Comment

I just hope they don't nerf the Biorifle. The UT2k4 version was perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by steak View Post
                      btw can u point me to the right direction where they mentioned that LG was gonna be taken off?
                      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...6&postcount=43

Don't be too concerned. From what I've read, I'm betting both LG users and SR users will be happy.

Comment

Why all be worried?????
                        If the game comes out we all frag along and be happy.
                        For me thats still the case with UT2K4.
                        *hums* dont worrie...... be happy.

Comment

thx, it better lol, because i dont use LG as a sniping gun, like i said its my main weapon in tam, it does some damage, dont forget the headshots! idk the LG just feels different when shooting, i aim better with the LG than sniper rifle.

Comment

I'm worried that just like in UT2004 whenever I get out of a vehicle I will get out on the side with a cliff and fall to my death or when I try to use my vehicle as a shield I will get out on the side the other team is fireing at or when I stop to pick something up I will AGAIN have to run around the vehicle to get to whatever it is. This is by far the worst thing about this game in my opinion. TAKE NOTE YOU UT3 DESIGNERS! SERIOUSLY, WTF? You go to such extremes to make this game look as lifelike as possible but you can't code the game to ACT as lifelike? Hell, even if you made it so we ALWAYS GET OUT ON THE DRIVERS SIDE, it would be a VAST IMPROVEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#@$%&#@$ FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well I do have 2 concerns about the game so far. My first concern is the feel of the game. Even though I still am a fan of the Unreal Tournament series my interest in the series has been faltering a bit. After all, I have been playing the series for 7 1/2 years. With Unreal Tournament 3 I am hoping for some new things and for a new feel, especially with the new single player campaign.

My second concern is if this game will run at a smooth enough framerate, especially since some screenshots of the game have shown large maps (and UE3 is a very powerful engine). Even though I just upgraded my PC I still have this bit of worry. Or maybe I'm just worried about nothing.

Comment

About the Rocket Launcher: I remember hearing somewhere it *maybe* was gonna be used to replace the avril. Or at least the avril was never confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                                X