Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are YOU worried about concerning UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
    The Original didn't have wall dodging and it was more successful than UT 2004, so it shouldn't be a problem.
    It would be a problem. If there is one thing that makes moving and mapping in 2k4 interesting, this is it. Without it movement will only be run n' gun and start to feel old. It should take you as long (or even a bit further) as a regular dodge imo, making alternative routes possible and giving more option to throw off opponents predict. I wont miss the dodge jumps, but the wall dodge is sacred. ^^

Comment

I worry that I will again have to manually check what mutators every single server is running until I can find one that won't take me an hour of downloading so I can play a single map.
      Is it too much to hope for that they can put in an option to display only vanilla servers?

I worry that I'll have to buy a quad-core CPU and high-end graphics card to play the game. So far I've had no problems playing any game with my comp (top of the line 2k3, custom built) I don't mind getting a new comp to play UT, but spending another $5,000 is definitely out of the question.

Comment

One thing that has me vaguely worried deals with the Hoverboard and how, on several occasions, Epic has mentioned that you used to be able to use the hoverboard to kill people until they noticed that people would simply run up to other players and attempt to pull out the hoverboard for an instant kill.

The thing that worries me is that this anecdote indicates that a vehicle with less mass than a person will kill a character when it impacts them, even if it has virtually no velocity. This problem is present in UT2 and I have been hoping it would be resolved for UT3, as I don't particularly enjoy getting killed by vehicles sliding at 0.01 mph, or being crushed by Mantas that drift into me at a casual walking pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Wail of Suicide View Post
          One thing that has me vaguely worried deals with the Hoverboard and how, on several occasions, Epic has mentioned that you used to be able to use the hoverboard to kill people until they noticed that people would simply run up to other players and attempt to pull out the hoverboard for an instant kill.

The thing that worries me is that this anecdote indicates that a vehicle with less mass than a person will kill a character when it impacts them, even if it has virtually no velocity. This problem is present in UT2 and I have been hoping it would be resolved for UT3, as I don't particularly enjoy getting killed by vehicles sliding at 0.01 mph, or being crushed by Mantas that drift into me at a casual walking pace.
          I think you're overanalyzing things. The hoverboard killing people (which they removed last I read) doesn't indicate anything about vehicles... there is no real conection between them.

There is a post on these forums regarding vehicle physics (bouncing cars) that at least indicates that they have thought about how they interact. Of course vehicles (at least ones with tires) don't move the same way in UT3 as in UT2kX, so perhaps they won't slide the same (unrealistic, and not in a fun way) so it'll work out.

Comment

Call me stupid/fanboy, but I'm worried there would not be as much PC-360 connectivity as PC-PS3.

Comment

Not being able to make mods because the program is complicated.

Comment

Not beeing able to make maps cause the program's too complicated. I'm a "good" mapers for 1v1/2v2 maps. With doom and duke3d, that was pretty easy and fun to make some good maps. I just wounder how hard will be the new editor but with ut2k4, I can't do something good just because I don't know how to do some cool stuff.

Yea you can call me a noob mapers or anything but w/e I have no good faq to help me or better a teatcher to show me :P

The other little thing I'm worried about's the dm gameplay and I just hope I'll enjoy it like no game before

Comment

With any multi player game, my only big concern is user base. I am sure the PC userbase will thrive, but if the same is not true on PS3 it will break the game after a while. So, I'm very much hoping for cross platform play simply to ensure a large community of players.

Comment

New additions in the weaponry department..

Comment

Absurdley dis-organized packages for mappers!

Comment

That's mostly the result of how the packages are made. It's not like they make a complete set of meshes first, then build a map with it. Generally the map is designed first, the meshes come second.

Comment

Working...
                        X