Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are YOU worried about concerning UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Why all be worried?????
    If the game comes out we all frag along and be happy.
    For me thats still the case with UT2K4.
    *hums* dont worrie...... be happy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by steak View Post
    btw can u point me to the right direction where they mentioned that LG was gonna be taken off?
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...6&postcount=43

Don't be too concerned. From what I've read, I'm betting both LG users and SR users will be happy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just hope they don't nerf the Biorifle. The UT2k4 version was perfect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm only worried with stuff that can put gamers away from UT3 and play ****.
    - Too many game criticism because the shock is over/under powered, manta can't crouch like it used to, sniper rifle only instead of LG, etc...
    - Steep learning curve.
    - Bashing new players by the vocal minority. But don't screw with me, I'm a die hard noob
    - Very high system requirements. No, I don't mind to be owned by someone with slower rig, higher ping, or a console gamepad.
    - People don't respect Epic if the game has some flaws or is not what was expected, make them consider enough is enough and give the finger to Unreal, with much more time dedicated to other projects. Why bother with the guys that bashed UT2003, Unreal II, UC and UC2?
    Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic
    die the same horrible death AS'04 did
    What was wrong with it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    Don't get too worried about that. It's being replaced by the sniper rifle, which is the exact same basic concept as the LG. (point and click! Wheee!)
    Plus I'm sure someone will write a mod that replaces the sniper rifle with an LG that is 3x stronger and has double the fire rate and everybody will love it, because obviously stronger = better.
    i hate the sniper rifle, never use it, i just like the whole killing ppl w/ lightning idea lol, i like how the lightning gun is now in ut2004, its my main weapon in tam! well i hope they make a mod for it quick )

btw can u point me to the right direction where they mentioned that LG was gonna be taken off?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My main worries involve the possibility of the community turning Warfare into HoverboardRaceSkillTest. WF will become WTF in no time, and die the same horrible death AS'04 did (although, frankly, it asked for it).

Also, as with all innovations, it will take time to shake out the gameplay balances, and I hope Epic has done their jobs in hiring crack-fueled testers, to find the emergent exploits and possible uses and abuses of the game elements. This approach would have sped up the projectiles and lessened the power of the shock in 2k4, as well as touched on vehicle balance, I think.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The only thing I worry about on UT3 would be the release date.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My biggest worry: that people will have their opinion ready and are VERY generous with it, despite the fact that none of us have played it yet.

Oh. Wait.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by steak View Post
    Wth? someone said that their taking off lightning gun?? thats like the gun i use most in tam :\ i love that gun! HS FTW!
    Don't get too worried about that. It's being replaced by the sniper rifle, which is the exact same basic concept as the LG. (point and click! Wheee!)
    Plus I'm sure someone will write a mod that replaces the sniper rifle with an LG that is 3x stronger and has double the fire rate and everybody will love it, because obviously stronger = better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    I'm worried that the rocketlauncher and flak secondary will be so slow they'll be dodgeable even at close range, making the shock and sniper the better alternative at all ranges except for prediction shots. Just something I noticed in the movies we saw so far, it seems that even if you fire a rocket a few yards away it takes a second or so before it reaches it's target and explodes.
    The flak secondary seemed... floaty.

Those worry me as well.
    Yes I share those worries, though I take the movies with a grain of salt as most have been console versions, which are confirmed to be slowed down.

I mainly worry that they don't get instagib perfectly right. Many factors here really, but if I worry that it won't feel like it's supposed to feel, or that they try to make it something that it's not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wth? someone said that their taking off lightning gun?? thats like the gun i use most in tam :\ i love that gun! HS FTW!

i hope they don't make rockets slower

add some new interesting adrenaline combos maybe?

well idc if TAM comes out of the box or not, they better make one for ut3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My biggest worries:

Skin visibility: No video released so far has conclusively shown that the stock skins will be visible enough in all situations. I REALLY hope that this isn't an issue like it was in 2k4.

Hardware requirements: My PC is starting to age a bit, and I'm concerned that I will be able to get a playable FPS.
    Also, DT makes a good point about how susceptible UT2k3/2k4 is to crashing. I played a lot of games over 3 DIFFERENT PC's during the life of UT2k3 - UT24k, and these were the ONLY 2 games (or apps) that gave me memalloc headaches on ALL of the PC's I played it on. Other hardware-intensive games would run without a hitch, but UT would crash after 5 minutes of play... Maddening.

Good to **** Map ratio: Both 2k3 and 2k4 suffered from the same disturbing problem: at least 85% of the stock maps released with the game were very bad. Playing on a bad map can quickly cause a newer player to dismiss an entire game as bad.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm really worried about a game type similar to TAM ... I hope they will not do this out of box.

It's just a personal taste but i personally think TAM like mods belong to CS (all roundbased, all weapons avaiable gametypes) because i think it takes out a lot of different skills from the game.

A mod would be fine but if something like this is out of box it would ruine traditional DM and TDM.

I thought epic is thinking about a special 1on1 gametype, I really hope its nothing like TAM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My concern is weapon balance. UT2K* is entirely too hitscan driven. The ROF on the shock needs to be UT99 based. I am not concerned about the slowness of rockets, flak or shock ball. They are all meant to be "timed" shots and should not have insta hit capablity, since it would be a spamming rocket fest at that point. I will miss the LG, what a great weapon, just nerf it a little.

My other great concern is an ongoing Anti Cheat. Epic needs to become involved at this point in time and provide us with some real protection. I for one would be willing to pay a monthly fee if it meant that we could have an ongoing Anti Cheat Team from Epic.

The PC version will be the God it was meant to be, and be tremendously scalable so that many PC's can play, even if only on low settings. I doubt that consoles will play PC in any form, despite the some "controller" players were winning vs. keyboard/mouse combo from one of the recent article. K/M pwns controller in the hands of a skilled player.

Lastly my last concern is that UT3 is one giant conspiracy to make me spend 5000 on a computer that I will never get to push to the limit!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im also worried about slowing down the rockets - i mean, these are rockets they're meant to travel reasonably fast, and i though they were slow enough in ut2004. If they are slower, lets hope they do more damage and (as they say) the homing function is alot better.

Also worried the enforcers wont be made powerful enough, and slightly worried epic will be to scared to be adventurous with deployables. Personally id like to see some kind of lazer fence like XMP, no deployable turrets, maby some deployable portals or a deployable security camera which you can throw onto a wall. Oh and the sniperrifle worries me - the classic 2004 one i thought was rubbish but the lightning gun was alot more satisfying and a much better weapon. No smoke this time please!

Oh and i want to see animals too ^^

Leave a comment:

Working...
X