Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are YOU worried about concerning UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UT2004 resulted in larger maps compared to the player scale and less "in your face" combat.

And at larger distances hitscan weapons are more effective.

Also a reason while players TRY to keep distance from others.

Comment

Originally posted by B0T0X View Post
      Yes, a lot of us us lightening gun and use it well, but to rely solely on that would really be a sign of inexperience... A truly balanced and skilled player will balance his use of the weapons, as there is a time and a place for each.
      There is, however, no place where the LG and shock aren't good.
      Do you really think top players care about balancing their playing style when they could be busy winning?

Comment

Removing the crosshair from the SR and LG qould make them less usable in close ranges and decreasing the rate of fire would also do it.

Comment

i don't think removing the crosshair is a very practical solution mate

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post
            i don't think removing the crosshair is a very practical solution mate
            Other games do it, and it is practical.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddles View Post
              Oh no it's anything but practical!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddles View Post
                But this isn't a sit, scope, and snipe game where it would be practical. It's a shoot off the side of your hip while flipping upside down off a wall dodge game. You don't have to worry about recoil or whether or not you're running or walking and if you want to run around gael sniping bots point-blank then by all means do

Comment

Originally posted by Uncalm View Post
                  But this isn't a sit, scope, and snipe game where it would be practical. It's a shoot off the side of your hip while flipping upside down off a wall dodge game. You don't have to worry about recoil or whether or not you're running or walking and if you want to run around gael sniping bots point-blank then by all means do
                  Exactly! This ain't CS or something where you have recoil when jumping or even running. Here is where movement, speed and accuracy go hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Naish View Post
                    What are YOU worried about concerning UT3?
                    Two major concerns:
                    1. Looks, ATM it looks bland and colorless.
                    2. Gameplay. ATM still looks much like UT2k4, weapon damage/fire sucks. Takes TOOOOOOOOOO long to kill a player with high powered weapons like the rocket launcher.

And that's going by the comicon videos!

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
                      Two major concerns:
                      1. Looks, ATM it looks bland and colorless.
                      2. Gameplay. ATM still looks much like UT2k4, weapon damage/fire sucks. Takes TOOOOOOOOOO long to kill a player with high powered weapons like the rocket launcher.

And that's going by the comicon videos!
                      I hope this will ease your pain a bit, it did for me:

Originally posted by Chiln_Viln
                      I played at Comic-con, but out of respect for Epic I will refrain from critisizing their game demo because I know that it is not the final polished version. Most of the issues that I have with the experience are from the crappy LCD displays and misconfigured Alienware pieces of **** that they had us playing on. Severe motion blurr, dipping framerates and mouse lag to name a few. The only time I could see anything clearly was when standing still, not moving the mouse. Pretty bad IMO.
                      Also keep in mind that these blurry LCDs were filmed by a shaky cam which even more fades the colors' saturation.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiln_Viln
                        I played at Comic-con, but out of respect for Epic I will refrain from critisizing their game demo because I know that it is not the final polished version. Most of the issues that I have with the experience are from the crappy LCD displays and misconfigured Alienware pieces of **** that they had us playing on. Severe motion blurr, dipping framerates and mouse lag to name a few. The only time I could see anything clearly was when standing still, not moving the mouse. Pretty bad IMO.
                        Yeah, "Alienware pieces of ****." LOL!

Sounds like Chilin_Viln is just in a bad mood, I can't take what he wrote seriously.

As for ProjectUT's comment on bland and colorless, he better go get his eyes checked.

Comment

im woriied that it wont have that "lets keep playing attitude" that ut99 had and that ut2004 lacked, where i get "tired" and have the urge to leave the game after just a few rounds.

Comment

It seems everyone wants a personalized version of UT3 these last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by GuntiNDDS View Post
                              im woriied that it wont have that "lets keep playing attitude" that ut99 had and that ut2004 lacked, where i get "tired" and have the urge to leave the game after just a few rounds.
                              Quite true... UT99 was a simple hardcore FPS. Not flashy, it has a industrial, "metal and blood" kind of feel. Its sound effects were very explosive and direct. The whole gaming experience was crisp and violent, it was tightly focused on the gun-fighting itself... It just feels so involving that you never want to stop.

In UT 2004 everything seem to be smoothed, muted and slowed down, feels mushy overall. It is still a great game. But the satisfaction of blowing somebody up simply dimmed...

After seeing the trailer of UT3, it seems they accelerated the pace but adds a lot of weired looking high-tech weapons. So many flashy effects on the screen!!! In my opinions, they kind of "soften" the game...

I just hope the spirit of UT99 could be brought back to UT3. I am missing that clunky FLAK cannon, bursting minigun and head popping sniper rifle. No more "graphics over gameplay" or "features over gameplay" tragedies...

Or maybe those who enjoyed UT99 are now too old for UT3?

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                                -
                                -That EPIC decides to still keep the double-jump and leave a dodge-jump* out.
                                The dodge-jump has been credited with causing the problem of having so many huge, open maps that ruined much of the game play along with dramatically increasing the emphasis on hit-scanning.

-That walldodging is barely notable.
                                The Original didn't have wall dodging and it was more successful than UT 2004, so it shouldn't be a problem.

-That Spidermines again will ruin the fun (remember, even on some 2k4-servers for casuals they are gone, because mines are only good when you play UT2k4 for the first time ever with a dirty ball-mouse from 1993).
                                Custom mappers can take care of that problem by not including mine layers.

-That the gimmick map percentage is too high (nothing against a few good gimmick maps).

That the maps turn out unbalanced.
                                Don't worry. Few standard Epic maps get played online anyway, so it's up to server admins to put up the good maps. I'm pretty certain that map makers will create some good maps, so it's on server admins to recognize the good ones and put 'em up. As always, the marketplace will decide what gets played.

Comment

Working...
                                X