Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what kind of systems will you guys have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course you can't wait forever, because one day you'll run your newly bought game and find out it is unplayable on lowest settings. My point was that the longer you wait, the more you spare. I never said you have to wait forever, just don't upgrade unless you badly need to. I went from 2 MB onboard video to 64 MB Geforce 2, and from that to 256 MB Geforce FX 5700 LE because the Geforce 2 wasn't handling Doom 3 too well, and now I'm using a 512 MB Geforce 7900 GTX because the FX was getting pwned.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjossi View Post
      Is your 8800 GTS the 320 or 640 MB version?
      its the 320mb one but it was about $40 cheaper and its gotten great reviews from a few sites compared to other brands.

Comment

Currently i got
        Amd 3600+ duelcore 2.0ghz ... ****ty i know i plan on replacing it
        2gb ram 1gig+1gig i got room for to more i plan on doing that too
        nvidia 7800 GTX 256mb graphics i plan on buying another and using sli or getting something newer
        and a 300gb raided hd

Comment

Of course you can't wait forever, because one day you'll run your newly bought game and find out it is unplayable on lowest settings. My point was that the longer you wait, the more you spare. I never said you have to wait forever, just don't upgrade unless you badly need to. I went from 2 MB onboard video to 64 MB Geforce 2, and from that to 256 MB Geforce FX 5700 LE because the Geforce 2 wasn't handling Doom 3 too well, and now I'm using a 512 MB Geforce 7900 GTX because the FX was getting pwned.
          Yea, I get your point. My upgrade cycle so far has been voodoo3, gf3, 6600GT. Anyway, thx for all your advice man I appreciate it!

Comment

I'm gonna hold back..

I have an Asus A8N32 Deluxe, FX-57 (yes its single core), 2 256Mb 7950's (not GX2), 2GB Corsair XMS DDR, 1 75GB and 1 150GB Raptor, X-fi gamer, 600W PC Power and Cooling power supply, an Asus SATA burner, and the original CM-Stacker case (STC-101). It runs Dark Messiah pretty well, I don't have any numbers on that, but it ran without stutter on 1024x768. Unlike my old 6800 agp system which did not perform well (without sacraficing settings which I refused to do!).
            I think I'll hold out as long as I can and get the most out of whatever comes my way. I think it'll hande UT3 at a decent level.

Intentsly
            (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

I went from a Diamond card, Voodoo 3 3000, Voodoo 5500, Radeon 7000 (short lived), TI 4600, Radeon 9800, then got real graphics cards like the 6800 GT agp and now my 7950GT's PCIe Radeons were NOT my favorite at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Wunderbar_007 View Post
              Yea, I get your point. My upgrade cycle so far has been voodoo3, gf3, 6600GT. Anyway, thx for all your advice man I appreciate it!
              No prob, I'm glad my advice was useful.

Comment

Right now I have:

A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD64 X2 4800 Dual Core (Socket 939)
                2 GIG Corsair XMS 3500LLPRO, 2 x BFG 7900GTX OC
                Seagate 150Gb SATA Hard Drive, Creative Labs X-FI Fatil1ty
                Thermaltake PurePower 680W
                Logitech G15 Keyboard, Logitech G7 Mouse
                Logitech Z5500 Digital Speakers
                Ultra Aluminum ATX Mid-Tower Case
                30 Inch Dell 3007WFP, 24 Inch Dell 2405FPW

and also

A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD64 X2 4400 Dual Core (Socket 939)
                2 GIG Corsair XMS 3500LLPRO, 1 x EVGA 7950 OC
                Seagate 300Gb SATA Hard Drive, Creative Labs Audigy 2
                Enermax Noisetaker 600W
                Saitek Eclipse Keyboard, Logitech G5 Mouse
                Logitech Z5500 Digital Speakers
                Thermaltake Swing Aluminum ATX Mid-Tower Case
                20 Inch Sceptre Naga X20 Widescreen and an
                Acer AL1916W Widescreen

I will upgrade the top rig with 2 Nvidia whatever the highest end cards are available at the time.

I also have 1 new 150Gb Raptor Drive, 2 new 73Gb Raptor Drives, and a Creative Labs Elite Sound Card with a 3rd set of Logitech 5500Z speakers already to go with a Thermaltake Shark Case. I just need to decide on motherboard, ram, video for this rig... (My wife likes to play too)...

Comment

Nice specs there.
                  I have pretty similar hardware to the upper computer, except I have 1xBFG Geforce 7900 GTX. A second one would make things interesting.

Comment

Nice specs there.
                    I have pretty similar hardware to the upper computer, except I have 1xBFG Geforce 7900 GTX. A second one would make things interesting.
                    2 is pretty much a must have for me. Running a 30 Inch monitor at 2560x1600 needs some good horsepower...

Here is a picture if you are interested:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...puterRoom3.jpg

Different picture of the second desk:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...puterRoom1.jpg

Comment

For the second picture I hope thats not the final position for the monitor...
                      Stiff necks galore :O

Comment

ASUS P5B
                        Core 2 E6600@3500 MHz
                        2GB Geil Value 800 MHz RAM
                        MSI 8800GTS 640MB Overclocked Edition (575/1700)

Comment

Originally posted by [TT]BrundleFly View Post
                          2 is pretty much a must have for me. Running a 30 Inch monitor at 2560x1600 needs some good horsepower...

Here is a picture if you are interested:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...puterRoom3.jpg

Different picture of the second desk:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...puterRoom1.jpg
                          Heh, my monitor is a 15" LCD with 1024 x 768 native res, 12 ms response time. The 7900 GTX is an overkill.

Comment

Originally posted by Drintion View Post
                            For the second picture I hope thats not the final position for the monitor...
                            Stiff necks galore :O
                            Yes it is but I hardly use that PC, just for occassional Web Stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by [TT]BrundleFly View Post
                              Logitech G15 Keyboard, Logitech G7 Mouse

(My wife likes to play too)...

First you must make good money to have such top of the line items!
                              ~
                              Second you're a lucky Bast@rd to have a wife that likes to play!
                              ~
                              3rdly how do you like the G15? I'm thinking of getting one, either that or getting
                              a Nostromo type thing.
                              ~
                              4thly I believe the G7 is wireless (I hate batteries), what do think of the G7? I'm thinking more of a G5 myself (currently have the logitech 518).
                              Thanks!

Intentsly
                              (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

Originally posted by intentsly View Post
                                First you must make good money to have such top of the line items!
                                ~
                                Second you're a lucky Bast@rd to have a wife that likes to play!
                                ~
                                3rdly how do you like the G15? I'm thinking of getting one, either that or getting
                                a Nostromo type thing.
                                ~
                                4thly I believe the G7 is wireless (I hate batteries), what do think of the G7? I'm thinking more of a G5 myself (currently have the logitech 518).
                                Thanks!

Intentsly
                                (UT99~ [--]Torturia)
                                G5 is awesome :O (I have one)
                                There are some lemons out there that give you a pain (dpi not working, randomly dies, etc) but I haven't had a single problem with mine ^.^

Comment

Working...
                                X