Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what kind of systems will you guys have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well haven't decided whether to play more on laptop or desktop

Laptop:

Asus G1
    Core 2 Duo @ 2 ghz
    2gig ddr 667
    nvidia geforce 7700 512meg
    160gig hd
    XP PRO

Or my desktop in need of upgrade:

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ @ 2.2 thinking of oc'ing a bit
    3 gig ddr 400 ram
    2 x 120 gig hd's
    ati radeon x1950 pro 512meg agp 8x
    XP PRO

Comment

OOOOO Ego thread, I like!

CPU: Q6600
      RAM: 4x1 GB DDR2 800 4-4-3-5
      GFX: 8800 GTX
      HDD: 150 GB RaptorX

Also an X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card :P
      (and I'll be running Vista Home Premium [for dx10 support duh], hence the 4 gigs of ram)

Comment

E6400
        8800 (dunno which one, depends on how cheap they get)
        2gb - 4gb of ram depending if I install 64bit OS
        X-Fi Xtreme Music
        500w powersupply.

Comment

right now i have athlon fx-57@2.9, 2gb ocz ram, 8800gts 320. i'm itching to upgrade the cpu and ram but can't afford it now so i'll probably wait until ut3 comes out and see how it runs on this and go from there. if i do upgrade it'll be either a core2duo e6600 or e6700 or amd 5600 or 6000, i imagine that the amd quad cores will be too much money at first. i'll probably go with 4gb of ram.

Comment

I'm bored at work, so I decided to haX your post a little bit...
            Originally posted by Drintion View Post

CPU: X6800
            RAM: 4x1 GB CORSAIR TWINX XMS2 DDR2 800 4-4-3-5

GFX: XFX 8800 GTX XXX

Now beat thiX

Comment

2.8ghz pentium 4
              1 gb ram
              x800 pro
              1920x1440@75hz/1600x1200@85hz compaq crt
              5.1 speakers

Comment

I'll hope it will run on my current system:

Intel C2D E6420
                2GB DDR2 667MHZ
                Sapphire x1950 Pro 256mb
                X-Fi XtremeMusic

I will propably get a new video card at the end of the year (maybe an 8800GTS or I'll see what new cards Ati / Nvidia have to offer then...)
                Processor is running at stock speeds atm cause of my ****ty mb that does not oc at all, so I'll probably buy a new mb also at the end of the year..

Comment

Since my current system is P4C 3 Ghz, Nvidia 6800 GT and 512 MB RAM, I'll go for an upgrade as soon as the system specs for UT3 are out and some benchs have been run by linux users to see what would best fitted for UT3.

However, I'm planning for some Quad Core CPU, either Intel or AMD (if they have been able to carry it out when I purchase my new computer), 8800 nvidia chip and about 2 Gb of memory. The drive will still be a raptor, but the 150 Gb this time (I currently owns the 36 Gb first version)

Comment

e6400 Core 2 Duo @ 3.1ghz, planning on going to a Core 2 Quad in early August, and giving my brother my Core 2 Duo so he can participate in Unreal.

As for the GPU, currently have a 8800gtx, and don't plan on upgrading until the next "big" monster card comes out.

Comment

e6600, 2 gig ram, running on a 7600gt right now but I will be upgrading the video card before the game is released, don't know to what yet though. Depends on what's available at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post

Now beat thiX
                        You have out "X'd" me

But I'll have the extra 2 cores for UT3 to use bwahahaha....... is it possible to out "Q" someone?

Comment

Originally posted by Drintion View Post
                          You have out "X'd" me

But I'll have the extra 2 cores for UT3 to use bwahahaha....... is it possible to out "Q" someone?
                          Hey, I don't have that kind of hardware, I was just screwing around I'm really interested on the Intel Q6600 when it becomes affordable and maybe the less expensive X-Fi card. The other kit, I'm either not interested or can't afford it

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post

Originally posted by Drintion
                            CPU: X6800
                            RAM: 4x1 GB CORSAIR TWINX XMS2 DDR2 800 4-4-3-5

GFX: XFX 8800 GTX XXX

Now beat thiX
                            The precharge delay of the memory timing you gave there seems awfully low compared to the CAS latency and RAS/CAS delay. And why you would go 4x1 sticks rather than 2x2 is a little odd too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjossi View Post
                              The precharge delay of the memory timing you gave there seems awfully low compared to the CAS latency and RAS/CAS delay. And why you would go 4x1 sticks rather than 2x2 is a little odd too.
                              Take a look at the original post: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...1&postcount=47

Comment

Well, he'd be better off with 2x2 GB sticks in dualchannel, and I have never seen such timings on DDR2 memory, it would certainly make things fast.
                                By the way, doesn't DDR2-1000 or even faster exist? I would like that better than my DDR400.

Comment

Working...
                                X