Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what kind of systems will you guys have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by [TT]BrundleFly View Post
    2 is pretty much a must have for me. Running a 30 Inch monitor at 2560x1600 needs some good horsepower...

Here is a picture if you are interested:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...puterRoom3.jpg

Different picture of the second desk:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...puterRoom1.jpg
    Heh, my monitor is a 15" LCD with 1024 x 768 native res, 12 ms response time. The 7900 GTX is an overkill.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ASUS P5B
    Core 2 E6600@3500 MHz
    2GB Geil Value 800 MHz RAM
    MSI 8800GTS 640MB Overclocked Edition (575/1700)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For the second picture I hope thats not the final position for the monitor...
    Stiff necks galore :O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bjossi View Post
    Nice specs there.
    I have pretty similar hardware to the upper computer, except I have 1xBFG Geforce 7900 GTX. A second one would make things interesting.
    2 is pretty much a must have for me. Running a 30 Inch monitor at 2560x1600 needs some good horsepower...

Here is a picture if you are interested:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...puterRoom3.jpg

Different picture of the second desk:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...puterRoom1.jpg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice specs there.
    I have pretty similar hardware to the upper computer, except I have 1xBFG Geforce 7900 GTX. A second one would make things interesting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Right now I have:

A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD64 X2 4800 Dual Core (Socket 939)
    2 GIG Corsair XMS 3500LLPRO, 2 x BFG 7900GTX OC
    Seagate 150Gb SATA Hard Drive, Creative Labs X-FI Fatil1ty
    Thermaltake PurePower 680W
    Logitech G15 Keyboard, Logitech G7 Mouse
    Logitech Z5500 Digital Speakers
    Ultra Aluminum ATX Mid-Tower Case
    30 Inch Dell 3007WFP, 24 Inch Dell 2405FPW

and also

A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD64 X2 4400 Dual Core (Socket 939)
    2 GIG Corsair XMS 3500LLPRO, 1 x EVGA 7950 OC
    Seagate 300Gb SATA Hard Drive, Creative Labs Audigy 2
    Enermax Noisetaker 600W
    Saitek Eclipse Keyboard, Logitech G5 Mouse
    Logitech Z5500 Digital Speakers
    Thermaltake Swing Aluminum ATX Mid-Tower Case
    20 Inch Sceptre Naga X20 Widescreen and an
    Acer AL1916W Widescreen

I will upgrade the top rig with 2 Nvidia whatever the highest end cards are available at the time.

I also have 1 new 150Gb Raptor Drive, 2 new 73Gb Raptor Drives, and a Creative Labs Elite Sound Card with a 3rd set of Logitech 5500Z speakers already to go with a Thermaltake Shark Case. I just need to decide on motherboard, ram, video for this rig... (My wife likes to play too)...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wunderbar_007 View Post
    Yea, I get your point. My upgrade cycle so far has been voodoo3, gf3, 6600GT. Anyway, thx for all your advice man I appreciate it!
    No prob, I'm glad my advice was useful.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm gonna hold back..

I have an Asus A8N32 Deluxe, FX-57 (yes its single core), 2 256Mb 7950's (not GX2), 2GB Corsair XMS DDR, 1 75GB and 1 150GB Raptor, X-fi gamer, 600W PC Power and Cooling power supply, an Asus SATA burner, and the original CM-Stacker case (STC-101). It runs Dark Messiah pretty well, I don't have any numbers on that, but it ran without stutter on 1024x768. Unlike my old 6800 agp system which did not perform well (without sacraficing settings which I refused to do!).
    I think I'll hold out as long as I can and get the most out of whatever comes my way. I think it'll hande UT3 at a decent level.

Intentsly
    (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

I went from a Diamond card, Voodoo 3 3000, Voodoo 5500, Radeon 7000 (short lived), TI 4600, Radeon 9800, then got real graphics cards like the 6800 GT agp and now my 7950GT's PCIe Radeons were NOT my favorite at all!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Of course you can't wait forever, because one day you'll run your newly bought game and find out it is unplayable on lowest settings. My point was that the longer you wait, the more you spare. I never said you have to wait forever, just don't upgrade unless you badly need to. I went from 2 MB onboard video to 64 MB Geforce 2, and from that to 256 MB Geforce FX 5700 LE because the Geforce 2 wasn't handling Doom 3 too well, and now I'm using a 512 MB Geforce 7900 GTX because the FX was getting pwned.
    Yea, I get your point. My upgrade cycle so far has been voodoo3, gf3, 6600GT. Anyway, thx for all your advice man I appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Currently i got
    Amd 3600+ duelcore 2.0ghz ... ****ty i know i plan on replacing it
    2gb ram 1gig+1gig i got room for to more i plan on doing that too
    nvidia 7800 GTX 256mb graphics i plan on buying another and using sli or getting something newer
    and a 300gb raided hd

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is your 8800 GTS the 320 or 640 MB version?
    its the 320mb one but it was about $40 cheaper and its gotten great reviews from a few sites compared to other brands.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Of course you can't wait forever, because one day you'll run your newly bought game and find out it is unplayable on lowest settings. My point was that the longer you wait, the more you spare. I never said you have to wait forever, just don't upgrade unless you badly need to. I went from 2 MB onboard video to 64 MB Geforce 2, and from that to 256 MB Geforce FX 5700 LE because the Geforce 2 wasn't handling Doom 3 too well, and now I'm using a 512 MB Geforce 7900 GTX because the FX was getting pwned.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The longer you survive with a computer, the more money you spare.

But it's easy for me to say because I have a much faster computer than you.
    That's very true and I've been with this one for a long, long time. I think what I'll do is wait for those couple of games I mentioned to come out and see if they are actually any good (reviews and maybe try a demo on my friends monstrous pc) and then decide if they are worth buying a PC for.

Dickbird (haha) is also right however, you can't wait forever and I am also like him since I bought this PC when it was mid/low range for quite cheap and it has served me well thus far. Just thought I might, for once, spend some of that hard earned cash on a top of the line machine to play my most anticipated game My usual self would be all over that July22 price cut though hehe can't believe how low they are dipping.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There's always going to be a faster computer coming out later this year or next year, for the forseeable future anyway. You want something, you have the money, go buy it.

I try not to buy the latest and greatest thing all the time, I'd rather get the former latest and greatest thing that just got its price dropped, but that's just me, usually.

Got my Core 2 Duo E6700 in the mail a couple days ago. Decided on an open box MSI P6N "SLI-FI" thing to put it in, had to buy memory for that of course.
    Will still keep the Radeon x1900. Got one of those X-Fi sound cards finally.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The longer you survive with a computer, the more money you spare.

But it's easy for me to say because I have a much faster computer than you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X