X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by martinblank View Post
    What the F * CK???!

DX10 will have better quality and more features?!! Again, what the F * CK!!!!

One of the main reasons I was anticipating UT3 so much was because it would work at full quality and speed under DX9!!! I refuse to use vista and I am not going to let this force me into using it. Until there is a way to get DX10 support under XP, I will not be buying UT3, unfortunately.

I do have fairly high hopes, however, because I have already read some reports of people who got DX10 working under XP via some kind of wrapper they programmed, similar to how WINE works on linux.
    Did you really think that DX10 wouldn't be better

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont believe DX 10 will have any more features than DX9 as far as game play goes. More like a lil extra glitter on malcoms boots. The DX 9 version, other than graphics, will be exactly like the DX10 version as far as content.

Im simply worried about being able to play it at all, and once in, finding someone to play with.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What the F * CK???!

DX10 will have better quality and more features?!! Again, what the F * CK!!!!

One of the main reasons I was anticipating UT3 so much was because it would work at full quality and speed under DX9!!! I refuse to use vista and I am not going to let this force me into using it. Until there is a way to get DX10 support under XP, I will not be buying UT3, unfortunately.

I do have fairly high hopes, however, because I have already read some reports of people who got DX10 working under XP via some kind of wrapper they programmed, similar to how WINE works on linux.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it sounds to me like i may be able to run this game maxed with my e6600 and 8800gts. works for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Releases?
    Can you say DEMO?

Im tired of upgrading. Im tired of new games comming out that the mainstream cant hope to play. Ive got a thousand other choices.

If it doesnt run good with a Intel P.D 2.8, GF6800 PCIE, and 2gigs of ram, then Ill not be getting it any time soon. The funny thing is neither will the majority of online FPS players, who have specs lower than mine according to quite a few serveys hosted by top gaming companies.

I dont give a rats butt about Vista, DX10, or 2006 hardware. If thats the target, and the target is mainstream, Epic missed the shot and killed the family cat.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice article, thanks for the translation.

Nice to see the multi cores being put to good use.

It will be nice to see how well the AMD -vs- Intel / nVidia compare when the thing ships. I am not buying ANYTHING until this bad boy releases.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kronos View Post
    Nice find, although this seems more related toward unreal engine then UT3. Nice read.
    I'm pretty sure everything they're talking about there refers to UT3, including shader 2.0 support. Old cards will be able to run it! Just slowly..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The thing about AA is such great news, means I'll have to get a DX10 card to fully experience it though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks.. this was a good interview..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, interesting read

Understandable that 64 bit Vista isn't suitably mature as a pure development platform. Vista Prem 64 here , at least 64 bit users get compatibility.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice find, although this seems more related toward unreal engine then UT3. Nice read.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Horray! I know other UE3 games haven't supported AA. I guess this is why. So YAY, DX10 and AA!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic New Tim Sweeny interview, mostly about tech-specs

New Tim Sweeny interview, mostly about tech-specs

The website of the german mag "PC Games Hardware" features an article about Unreal Engine 3, containing an interesting interview with Tim Sweeny.
    Unfortunately there's no english version available, so I had to write a rough translation (I hope you don't mind my mediocre translation skills). It's quite an interesting read, pointing out lots of the technical features UT3 will utilize.
    Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview of the most important rendering features:

- multi-threaded renderer (4+ threads)
    - 16 Bit per componenent HDR-Pipeline
    - runs on 64 Bit operating systems
    - (confirmed) performance advantages through SLI (most likely Crossfire as well)
    - post-processing effects (some examples): motion blur, depth-of-field blur, bloom
    - deferred shading
    - physics: Ageia PhysX engine
    - 300 - 1.000 visible objects per scene
    - huge scenes typically consist of 500.000 to 1.500.000 triangles
    - normal maps and texture maps usually have a resolution of 2.048 x 2.048

--- Edit: The translation has been edited out. Though I credited PCGH, I didn't ask them for permission, my apologies for that. But my post here provoked that they released the original interview, so my work wasn't totally in vain. So, here's the link to the german article and here's the one to the new original english interview.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it, I hope you guys had a good read.

Greetings,
    Doc Shock
Working...
X