Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Release date for UT3

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release date for UT3

http://www.ggl.com/index.php?control...rticle&id=4994

Hip Hip HOORAY! I hope that will be the final date.

We don't know when the game will be released but it won't be ready in time for September 3rd. In addition the idea that we would release the game in the US and UK several weeks apart is just plain silly.

Comment

That's what I thought. Separating release dates for US/Canada and other world by 3-4 weeks will only help resellers and pirates, but not to Midway/Epic.

Comment

STOP IT "dashed hopes again"

Comment

Ok, at least we now know the game won't be out by september, another hopes are crashed

But thanks for the info anyway Mark : )

Comment

hey, maybe the beta/demo will be out in september

Comment

Atta boy Mark.

Comment

Its a good thing Mark Rein stepped in and said something. This thing has spread all over UT forums.

550 digs so far.

Which brings me to something. I know Epic wants to keep tight lipped about things but with almost no information being put out, and what info we do have is rather sparse. A rumor like this spreads like wildfire.

Comment

thanks for clearing that up.

certainly one of the shortest lived rumors in history

Comment

Thx Mark. To me this is rather good news. Just means I'll build an even more powerful rig.

Comment

yeah i saw that release date on gameinformer.com last week. i knew that it couldnt have been right though.

theres alot of good pc games coming out around those months. i wonder how well this game is gonna do compared to crysis, halo 3 and call of duty 4?

Comment

Originally posted by Devastator View Post
                        Thx Mark. To me this is rather good news. Just means I'll build an even more powerful rig.
                        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

The 4th of septemebr would make an awesome birthday pressy!!!
                          Anyhow, i 'd rather Epic take their time and make this one the best UT yet!
                          Then again the waiting hurts so much......

Comment

Originally posted by viiGo View Post
                            http://www.ggl.com/index.php?control...rticle&id=4994

Hip Hip HOORAY! I hope that will be the final date.
                            Copied from my post in the OXM thread: It's pretty funny how these things work. On GGL there's a news article about it that mentions two sources, IGN and Gamerush. If you follow the Gamerush link, you'll come on a page that mentions it's a copy of another page. If you go that other page, you'll find a mention of the source. Not surprisingly, that source is IGN again. If you check the IGN page, you'll find nothing about it except a tiny box with information which, if memory serves me, has frequently changed in the past. What it comes down to is a lot of fuss around one number on one newssite that doesn't mention sources or even whether the release date is speculative or not.

Comment

Was following the comments on digg.com and was wondering what the official word was. Great that people like mark are able to set the record straight so quickly. i'm still saving and waiting to see the 1st benchmarks for hardware on UT3

Comment

Working...
                              X