Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Stereoscopic 3D Support

Epic,
    Can someone tell me if UT3 will formally support Stereo3D Viewing? Several past titles worked "okay" but it sure would be great to see this title reach the ranks of Far Cry and Painkiller in support of this great technology. Meant To Be Seen 3d is a new advocacy group that can help certify this title so that it is marketable to this growing audience.

MTBS3D.COM

this would be nice

i had a shutter glass (2x) for my old 21 zoll tube monitor but now i have buy a lcd monitor and cant play in 3d
    But 3 d rocks the house - omg was effects

i think its to expensive for lcd well the hardware is to expensive for this.

in our gallery i have add some 3d pictures (see signature)

Comment

I would also love to see this game certified for stereo3D when it comes out. UT games have been generally pretty good for stereo 3D, so it probably would not take much work to make it a showcase for 3D viewing.

Comment

well... donno if u guys know this... but dual layered monitors exits... and apparently nvidia has some driver that can make the game look 3d... coz different parts of the scene can be rendered on different layers of the screen...

just like sli... 3d support for game will be driver specific... so lets hope that the people who make the driver play UT.

Comment

Yes, IZ3D has a new 22in monitor coming out later this month. I agree that good drivers are required from Nvidia, but we also need the developers help as the game must also be coded correctly to minimize artifacts. I would encourage you to check out MTBS3D website for more info on this technology. The only way to get true "support" is to lobby for it!

PiXeL

Comment

lol... my eyese started paining after looking at the demo image on the site...

there was some other monitor i saw... cant remember its name though... it dinn need glasses... and i could stand for upto 20-30 mins without eyes aching... its gonna be cool to experience ut for say 5 mins in 3d... but for prolonged gaming i guess its gonna be highly dangerous for the eyes...

Comment

It's already in 3D people... How else could you tell that one player is further away than another from your point of view. You guys are talking about the two images slightly offset from each other kind of 3D? For UT?

Mmmm hmmm.... that's wierd.

Comment

Originally posted by Modulus View Post
                It's already in 3D people... How else could you tell that one player is further away than another from your point of view. You guys are talking about the two images slightly offset from each other kind of 3D? For UT?

Mmmm hmmm.... that's wierd.
                Yep. The driver will generate a separate view for each eye, which is usually displayed by "flipping" them in the driver at up to 120Hz. With LCD shutterglasses, alternate images are blocked so each eye sees the correct image for a true 3D effect. It works just like at the 3D theaters where stuff "pops out of the screen" at you.

The problem is, many games have 2D objects in the game that look wrong in 3D unless they are coded correctly, like the crosshair and HUD. We are hoping that the Unreal team will code the game so everything works well in 3D.

edit: There are several other ways to display the 3D effect, even with projectors. The page flipping/LCD glasses method is just the cheapest and easiest.

Comment

Originally posted by PiXeL67 View Post
                  Yes, IZ3D has a new 22in monitor coming out later this month. I agree that good drivers are required from Nvidia, but we also need the developers help as the game must also be coded correctly to minimize artifacts. I would encourage you to check out MTBS3D website for more info on this technology. The only way to get true "support" is to lobby for it!

PiXeL
                  omg $999.00 - thats to expensive + for me

Comment

Originally posted by Catzenjaeger View Post
                    omg $999.00 - thats to expensive + for me

If you have a CRT, all you need are 50.00 LCD glasses and you are good to go.

-Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X