Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 will be DX10 and in "The Way Its Meant To Be Played" program

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't sweat it, bro. It's all good. Let's just call it "perspective".

Comment

Originally posted by olly View Post
      Correct me if i'm wrong here, but surely if a frame can render quicker than it used to take to render, then you can put more detail, fancier effects, higher quality textures into your scene, rendering a frame that takes longer than the original render, but as long as the old render, giving a render thats considered a improvement in graphics? Rendertatsic if you will?
      Not really... Well, yes, you can add more detail and stuff... but don't forget you will always be VideoMemory bound regardless of what DX mode you're in. That being said, you also have virtualized textures in DX10 which will allow for RAM-streaming textures to the videocard. Ass slow but possible to (depending on the scene) maybe double the texture usage if used properly.

In other words... potentially yes, maybe not, who knows, UT3 will rock... who cares how that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabo View Post
        hmm. I hope it doesnt end up running better on nVidia cards D:

dx10 = :up:
        Well unless ATI/AMD get their ass in gear, my bet it will be.
        ATI have already failed to launch the new DX10 card.

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
        IV BEEN WAITING FOR A RETURN TO UT99 EVER SINCE I PLAYED UT2004
        I don't think we'll see another UT99, but I certainly tried.
        http://members.optusnet.com.au/~projectut/mini_2.avi <- Slowed down for the fx.

Comment

Good stuff, I read in the latest PCPP that Nvidia is pushing hard to the PC front Some nvidia dude was talking PC at Go3

Plenty of intel, XFX and Nvidia ads around so things are finally starting to look up

Edit: http://on10.net/Blogs/nic/go3-07-kei...d-direct-x-10/

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
            I remember Tim Sweeney saying at E3 or GDC that DX10 will be used only as optimization.
            People also remember them saying that a 6800 ultra would run it at maxed out settings, things change.

At least it's their engine to modify so the SM4 benefits are possible, recently they've talked about a game that demos to studios the power of UnrealEngine 3 for the next few years meaning up to 2009, by then there should be games that require dx10.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
              ATI have already failed to launch the new DX10 card.
              It isn't 2 weeks but 2 days.

That's when the NDA's come off. So they should be widely available on Monday.

We'll see if it's true and how the drivers are.

Comment

Ive heard all kinds of rumours about the new Ati cards like they will be the first to support DX10.1 and that they will have superior performance to nvidia cards because they did the chips for the 360.

I must admit Ive been getting alittle worried that the AMD thing and the 360 had got in the way of Ati releasing PC cards. Im interested to see how well they perform or if they'll fit into peoples cases lolz

Comment

Here's the official word on DX10 for UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                    Here's the official word on DX10 for UT3.
                    That's reassuring. Let's just hope that their stance does not change in the future.

Comment

All this means is that UT3 will support DX10 - it does NOT mean that DX10 is required! We expect the vast majority of our users will be Windows XP / DX9 users. We will also support Mac and Linux as per usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                        All this means is that UT3 will support DX10 - it does NOT mean that DX10 is required! We expect the vast majority of our users will be Windows XP / DX9 users. We will also support Mac and Linux as per usual.
                        Mark, you're going to have to make that a sticky because I can almost guarantee your post will be overlooked by many and there will be much linking/quoting back to your statement

Either way, good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                          This what I've been waiting for! Now that ATI/AMD will enhance (or maybe open-source) their graphics driver, I can't wait to see the Linux-demo of UT3.

Fantastic news. Finally a spoken word about UT3 and Linux-support, even though I never doubted you guys!

Comment

Good to hear that, because I really don't feel like upgrading to Windows Vista until my next build in 2008.

Comment

Wait, will DX10 mode have more eye candy? Because I refuse to get vista to be able to use DX10.

Comment

>No it won't, things will just run faster.

Comment

Working...
                                X