Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want in the Special Edition (realistically)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you want in the Special Edition (realistically)

OK so you can all vote now, try to limit it to 3, at most 4 options, Epic cant supply them all.. so the 3 things you want most? Sorry I forgot the fan grill, maybe we can count it as the case emblem? or ill telly votes for it in post 1. Please quote the previous amount so I don't have to go post by post.. see below in red

Now Lets keep this realistic people, I want to give Epic some good ideas here. So don't ask the impossible of Epic, perhaps something you have gotten in a SE that you though was kool???? Also Epic, Mike you were saying how on PC its sad that allot of people copy the game, I'm sure if u include content like posters etc that people cant copy I'm sure you will get more sales
    • I personally would want a few Posters.
    • Id also like to see a nice box, not a tin one, they tend to bend and dent easy.. a card fold out style box, like some music artists do with a card sleeve (the full size of box) that goes over top to hold it closed.
    • the traditional Bonus DVD, making of etc..
    • A sticker would be kool to stick on my PC
    What do you people think of my ideas.. they have been done in the past, nothing impossible, and all things I like in a SE

things I don't want to see
    • Clothing haha EG hat (they never fit!)
    I've Been asked to add everyone's Ideas to my post to summarise what people want so here's the beginnings of that:
    • Art/Making of/Strategy Guide book (in full colour) as a bonus/Artbook as said before
    • A metal box
    • -Silver UT style ring (or keychain/key case or amulet), y'know, the big Unreal "U" on it.
    • dogtags with the "U" (i think this is a kool idea)
    • Figurine
    • UT3 fan grill (8 so far)(this is the best idea yet/other than poster ) iv been looking for 1 of these on the net, I carnt get one in nz ) Allot of people liked this idea
    • UED training material
    • UT-weapon key chain
    • UT3 mouse pad ( like this idea but im not sure how they would get it in the box without folding it)
    • Hotwheels-like versions of the Scorpion, Hellbender, etc
    • Unreal T-Shirt
    • Original SoundTrack - basically all the music on a CD, with little booklet etc.

I would love a few posters, and a case sticker. A UT3 mug and plushie/figurine would make my day though.

Comment

Extra DVD and maybe an Art/Making of/Strategy Guide book (in full colour) as a bonus. I don't really care for most of the other stuff as it would only push up the price and increase the size of the box though I wouldn't mind a poster of sorts.

As for the box don't make it with card please, it gets damaged too easily. Plastic would probably be the best way to go (and since I'm in Europe I'll probably end up with it anyway).

Comment

Hey Bazz, would you like to start adding up everyone's opinions into your original post, then see how many yes' the individual things get and then make a poll about the things that got the most votes? I could do it myself if you don't have the time, but right now it would be the most convenient

Something from the following:
        -A metal box with cool designs
        -Silver UT style ring (or keychain/key case or amulet), y'know, the big Unreal "U" on it. Maybe a Shock Rifle as the keychain even? Or Flak Cannon with Flak Monkey written on it
        Or a ring with the "U"
        Or dogtags with the "U"?
        -A ceramic mug, UT style (duh)
        -The usual bonus DVD
        -The not-so-usual OST (maybe put it in the bonus DVD?)
        -Figurine (Xan or Malcolm, anyone?)
        -Stickers. Some flat ones and then a bigger, better, more resilient plastic one
        -Artbook as said before
        -UT styled coin maybe?
        Maybe even put a campaign along with the coins that the guy who gets the really-really-uber-coin wins an UT styled PC?

Out of ideas for the moment.

Comment

UT3 fan grill

Comment

the Special Edition should have a text on the front side that says : "PC Only"

®

Comment

Originally posted by B1tchkilla View Post
              UT3 fan grill
              120mm fan grill.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                120mm fan grill.
                Of course!

Comment

UT3 fan grill
                  Hell ****ing yea!

Comment

UT3 fan grill
                    120mm one, I concur !

Comment

I still wear my Unreal T shirt I got with Unreal. Would like another as it's wearing a little thin...

DVD with UED training material please.

Stickers and posters would go straight in the bin in my house.

Comment

UT bling bling !

tin case,
                        stickers
                        poster
                        making of DVD
                        what didn't go in the game DVD

Comment

A VTM DVD, first off. Talk about unique. What other game provides a DVD of modding training? And the new Ued tools could really use a walk-through, I suspect.

A "U" fan grille is an awesome idea.

A UT-weapon key chain is another, although I think a randomly selected one from the main group would be great (and generate buzz with all the "Trade you my Flak Cannon for a Bio-Rifle!" chit chat).

A plush Malcolm or Twin Soul character. A beanie-Malcolm? Again, a randomly-included addition from a pool of perhaps one character per team would be excellent. It would be even cooler if your plush toy could wield your random key-chain weapon (which would be super-sized for them, looking cool).

The idea of a contest-related item is a good one. Maybe a special set of maps in an SP campaign that can only be played when the bonus DVD is in the drive? The SP campaign would have contest-winning easter-eggs, and the maps would be inaccessible in Ued (simply by rebuilding them and deleting the actors in Ued, then saving).

Comment

3D buzz VTM's
                            Behind the scenes of UT3
                            UT3 Mug
                            UT3 mouse pad
                            Special character maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Lert View Post
                              120mm one, I concur !
                              You can get those in some stores anyway. Well at least you can in Estonia

Comment

Working...
                              X