Ued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ued

Will the editor be available prior to game release so map makers and modders can get to work on original content?

Also, how much different is the new editor compared to UED 3? One of the big questions I am wondering about is if we are going to be able to embed custom soundtracks into the map itself. In previous versions you could do this with the static meshes but not music. It's nice to release a map in one file without having to include a separate file for the soundtrack.

Comment

Roboblitz currently ships with some form of the UE3 editor, and i've heard talk about the possibility of starting development on that and then transfering to the UT3 editor.

[Edit:

And the roboblitz editor wiki: http://www.roboblitz.com/RoboBlitzEd....php/Main_Page

Comment

it will be released WITH the game

Comment

Originally posted by pmmatrix View Post
          Will the editor be available prior to game release so map makers and modders can get to work on original content?
          How would this work?
          You need the game and assets to do anything... all the stuff you can do without the game itself like modeling and making diffuse/normal maps can also be done without the editor.

Comment

Looks like it'll be similar in some aspects, very different in others, but shouldn't bee too hard to make the transition. I'm looking forward to differences.

Wiki states that "Future versions of UnrealEd will be fully backwards compatible with content developed under previous versions." - what this means exactly though, I'm not sure. Perhaps basic stuff such as BSP exporting/importing? But I've not read into it too much yet...

Comment

Looks similar to me. Got all the tools there. Hopefully most of the maps in-game will have the other material so you can find where it goes. I remember doing this frequently to find some nice textures and other placeable objects.

Comment

Originally posted by outpt.co.uk View Post
                Looks like it'll be similar in some aspects, very different in others, but shouldn't bee too hard to make the transition. I'm looking forward to differences.

Wiki states that "Future versions of UnrealEd will be fully backwards compatible with content developed under previous versions." - what this means exactly though, I'm not sure. Perhaps basic stuff such as BSP exporting/importing? But I've not read into it too much yet...
                That would be very nice and very nasty at the same time...

People stealing your maps.. or you being able to transfrom them before they are transformed. If this turns out to be treu though a lot of prefab work can be done.. BSP basic builds, smeshes etc...

Allthough I bet I don't want to get caught using "lame 2004" object in UT3 levels.

Comment

Working...
                X