Feature request on UT3 : a cache clean-up tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fourteenthed !
    we really need an ingame, easy to use cache cleaner/extractor...

Comment

sixteenthed!

Comment

seventeenthed!

wow thats a wierd word

Comment

You missed fifteenthed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kold_ View Post
            You missed fifteenthed.
            Yours it is, then.

Eighteenthed on the request!

(who needs polls when everyone agrees? )

EDIT: nice and smoothly, Fuegerstef.

Comment

Originally posted by Taleweaver View Post
              EDIT: nice and smoothly, Fuegerstef.

IXX-thed

Comment

Lucky this wasnt a poll, it woulda been pretty one sided

Comment

I prefer to keep my cache and store everything that's downloaded. Once you've downloaded something it's yours forever. You only have to modify a single line of a file, that's all.

Comment

XX th
                    I use UT2004MI file installer for windows to clear my cache and place the files to the apropiate maps i.e. maps to c:\ut2004\maps and meshes to c:\ut2004\meshes.
                    Works perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by StalwartUK View Post
                      I prefer to keep my cache and store everything that's downloaded. Once you've downloaded something it's yours forever. You only have to modify a single line of a file, that's all.
                      I wouldn't have anything against keeping a lot of stuff but as long as my anti-cheat check will take twice the time or so I'd prefer unnecessary files to be removed.

And nothing against UT2004mi or all those tools but I think this should be in OOTB. Maybe even support by a button that puts files currently in use (like the map playing, corresponding texture files) from cache to the specific game folders.

So, twenteenthed (even though fueger is cheating )

Comment

It is absolutely essential that the game ships with a cache extractor and also a benchmarking tool.

Comment

Either way we'll get it, if it doesn't ship with the game, another 'UT Cache' will come out.

Comment

I dont see any real use for it. Change the days to delete cachefiles and you will have the same effect.

Comment

Originally posted by daddy View Post
                              I dont see any real use for it. Change the days to delete cachefiles and you will have the same effect.
                              You don't get the point. Sometimes you want to keep stuff that is downloaded to avoid wasting time downloading it again, and for millions of other reasons that appears if you are a mapper or server admin. Converting ut2 to uz2 for redirects is another everyday shore that is easy handeled from a prog like MI.

Comment

Not necessary. I'm currently working on a program that does this for UT2004 (among other things) and it will be "ported" to UT3 when it comes out.

Ok ok, it would be better if that feature exists out of the box. Eleventhededed.

EDIT: ****... Didn't notice the other 2 pages.

Comment

Working...
                                X