Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 featuring an official 1vs1 (Duel/Tournament) Gamemode???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 featuring an official 1vs1 (Duel/Tournament) Gamemode???

I just wanted to know if UT will finaly have an official 1vs1 gamemode. I really like to do 1vs1 with random people, clanmates and friends but all we currently have is that silly DM gamemode which isn't suited at all for 1vs1. It's sure at 100% that many people would be requesting it if they knew where they could write their opinion so Epic could see it. I never got to play Quake 4's Tournament mode in a populated server since there is barrely 10 people online on this game but it seemed really well done. Else to have it more simple, here's what I would suggest for the 1vs1 mode.

But first, let me show you the color legend:
    Red = Important / Must-have
    Yellow = Recommanded
    Blue = Optional

1- Automaticly disable Double-Damage pickup. It's really not suited for competitive "serious" 1vs1.

2- Have a server option to EITHER "Disable only the SuperShield" or "Replace the SuperShield for a second 50Shield" or "Disable every Shield".

3- Set the default "Kill Limit to 20" and the default "Time Limit to 10 or 15min" so the rounds doesn't take forever for both the people playing and the spectators waiting their turn in queue to play.

4- If the server choose to have "Weapon Stay" disabled, then it shouldn't respawn after 30 seconds for 1vs1 as else someone could just be taking every single weapons or at least most of them so once he kills the other guy, his enemy will keep respawning without any decent gun and die 2-3 time in a row until he can find a spawned weapon. I don't know if you see what I mean but to me that's nothing about mastering the map flow... it's just an unfair advantage. So something like 15 seconds would make much more sense for the weapons.

5- Maybe disable ammo box or do something only for 1vs1 so there isn't as much ammunition as normaly when you pickup guns. It would force people to make a good use "balance" of every weapon instead of stalking just 1-2 weapon all the time. But oh well... I think my idea #6 would be much more suited.

6- Only for 1vs1 gamemode, have it set so hitscan weapons (Shock Rifle & Sniper only) have less ammunition than usual so it doesn't turn into a boring and lame "fight" like what happens 90% of the time in UT2004. If you don't know what I mean I'll try to explain it simply. Since it's 1on1, you can only get attacked from 1 way so all you gotta do to have a very big unfair advantage is so get all the hitscan weapons so you can just run away/backward "what I would call being a coward and playing like a chicken without balls" and hit your enemy from any distance while he can't do anything at all since you'll be out of his range most of the time. We want in UT3 to have mostly close combat fights. That's the coolest thing in UT and one of the best way to raise your "real-life adrenaline".

That's it, it's all the ideas I have for now.
    Time for all of you to argue (NOT FLAME) with me.

Hello, you have some good points, but i disagree with most of them, because I personally think such a 1on1 mode is not needed.
    Especially the point of disabling the supershield, I think for proper 1on1 supershield is needed.
    Also on the other side, you cannot decide such settings now, we have to wait until ut3 is out to see what the best settings for 1on1 will be.
    I think if they implement a proper DM mode where you can adjust all settings it should be no problem to set up some proper 1on1 servers. (also a good voting function would help)

Comment

i dont know about YOU, but WE need
      1.hitscun(cant shoot? go CS)
      2.supershield (cant timing? go CS)
      3.weapon resp after 27, or 22, or smthlike that(cant timing? go CS)
      4.Double-Damage(cant timing? go CS)
      4.no frag-limit(you die too fast? go CS)
      5.no shield gun (cant shoot? go CS)

Comment

Disabling pickups is a bad idea. It's far more skilled and enjoyable with double dam and Shield etc on. This was the case in both UT99 and 2K4.
        I did campaign at the beginning of UT99 for PU's to be off but it plain sucked when I tried it.. there was nothing to fight over, only fighting each other over random parts of the map.

I think a 1v1 tourney mode would be excellent though, like Q3 and Q4 had. Maybe short matches, 15 frags / 10 minutes long.

Comment

Actually with PUs off in UT, the mesh armour and thigh pads are still there.

Originally posted by elek View Post
          1.hitscun(cant shoot? go CS)
          The irony here is that CS only has hitscan weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by LeTesteur View Post
            1- Automaticly disable Double-Damage pickup. It's really not suited for competitive "serious" 1vs1.
            Why is that anyway? A health keg or +100 Shield gives you twice your default health, the Amp gives you twice your default damage infliction. Besides that, the Amp's respawn time is 25s longer.

If you don't want to get killed by someone with the Amp, then pick it up yourself or don't let your opponent be able to take a shot at you. To me, this is simply a tactical decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
              Actually with PUs off in UT, the mesh armour and thigh pads are still there.

The irony here is that CS only has hitscan weapons.
              The irony here is that CS has only random weapon... ballistic my friend

Comment

By the way, Ampfr usually disabled in competitive 1v1

Comment

You had me interested during your opening statement... But once you started your list it's like you fell asleep at the keyboard. Terrible ideas, and most of them are subject to personal taste... Which would indicate that the server setup is the place to give options to set gametime, fraglimit and things like that. Which, of course, we already know exists.

Comment

Nonetheless there hitscan weapons aswell.

Comment

no thx .

Comment

How is this ironic? It's still point and click. If you want that kind of gameplay, CS is perfect for you.

Comment

Yes, elek, it is hard for beginners to differ between ballistic weapons that act as hitscan weapons and real projectile weapons that are coded that way.
                          To help people like you I really want EPIC to make the visible tracers on UT3 act as the calculated hitscan.

Comment

I like the idea of having a 1v1 game type but I do not agree with most of your features. A dd toggle is nice idea. All the others are too washy. A 1v1 game type should not drastically change gameplay.
                            One feature i would like to see is an automatic player cue system, it rotates players waiting in line to play winner and other stuff. Theres a mutator for Ut2004 that does this very well but the name slips my mind for the moment.

Comment

"Survival" a UT3 gametype, is built for 1v1s. Similar to rocketarena in quake3, if not the exact same.
                              It's a cool gametype but I'd much rather prefer 1v1s where you have to pick up weapons and powerups, unlike survival where your given everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X