InstaGib in UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InstaGib in UT3

Good afternoon everyone just to introduce myself I'm iniquix. formally known as ini in ut99. I've been playing ut on and off for about 7 years so for me the community in itself although relativley old now, is still firmly in place.

I think alot of us who play ut99 still find it the best iG based game out and the worry is that the developers have forgotten how that once was and played. For example: The first time you actually got a monster kill. Or the rush when you have the flag with 30 seconds to spare and you have to fight you're way through to cap only with seconds to spare.

I think many of us were wondering if you could fill us in on how and what changes you are going to make upon UT2K4, UT99 and so on. Any feedback would be great. Thankyou for your time.

UT3 Maps + UT3 characteristics + UT3 Shock Rifle - ROF - Weapon Pickups = What you should expect

Your question is way too vague (I'm not quite sure what you're asking), It seems you're asking Epic to describe every change in UT3, as you would need to know that in order to describe how instagib changed :X

Comment

I think it's more of the fact are they going to resort back to the old ut99 playing style? Or are they obviously going to impliment new features. What most of us are wondering is if it will have the same feel it had in ut99? I mean don't get me wrong gfx, gameplay,maps etc change everything, but it would be nice to know that they have seen the "error" of the gameplay they produced trying to contest with bf2142 etc and perhaps changed the way it will feel to what it should feel like.

Comment

iniquix... MOST reviewers who've actually played the game have had no trouble in stating multiple times how UT3 is returning to the feel of UT99. What the means exactly, no one knows for sure except the reviewer.

Read Hal's review or any one of the multitude of reviews available online for my meaning. Watch some of the gameplay videos as well. It's looking up man... UT99 feel with kick *** graphics and a **** load of vehicles to bring new players to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Drintion View Post
          UT3 Maps + UT3 characteristics + UT3 Shock Rifle - ROF -
          I cannot see Epic changing the rate of fire with instagib.

They didn't change it from UT99 to UT2k3 or 2k4.

The major change will be physics/gamespeed.
          UT99 players should have an easier time adapting to UT3 instagib than UT2kx players, as UT3 looks to be a lot more like UT99 when it comes to movement, gravity and speed.

This is good news, actually. The similarity to UT99 will attract a lot of UT99 players, and the UT2k4 will switch anyway, finally uniting the two instagib communities. (something that is badly needed)

Even in the far off chance that Epic somehow badly messes up instagib, it wouldn't take a coder more than 15mins to code an instagib mutator that is identical to UT99.
          I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Don't think they will change the rate of fire... They probably want to keep the weapon similar to another weapon(Shock Rifle) so although its something new and fun is still something people can get their hands on right away and have fun.

Comment

maybe epic might release a mod for insta where server admins can choose which version they want, UT99 or UT2kx. might be a good idea to support both communities instead of forcing them to play just 1 version

Comment

Originally posted by {DUB}VARDY View Post
                maybe epic might release a mod for insta where server admins can choose which version they want, UT99 or UT2kx. might be a good idea to support both communities instead of forcing them to play just 1 version
                No!

We want the communities united, not separated yet again.
                That's the whole point of UT3. No1 in these communities actually gives a **** about new graphics etc.

Comment

Instagib seems like something that's impossible to screw up. You hit something. It dies. Repeat.

The only question mark is in the effect. Red and angry (UT99), or weedy and translucent (UT2kx). Take your pick.

Comment

well, we wont know what epic will do until they give us news. so until then we can keep guessing

Comment

Originally posted by McFly2000 View Post
                      No!

That's the whole point of UT3. No1 in these communities actually gives a **** about new graphics etc.
                      If epic doesn't do it somebody else will.... Knowing that its probably safe to say they wont do it but you never know :P

Comment

I cannot see Epic changing the rate of fire with instagib.

They didn't change it from UT99 to UT2k3 or 2k4.

The major change will be physics/gamespeed.
                        UT99 players should have an easier time adapting to UT3 instagib than UT2kx players, as UT3 looks to be a lot more like UT99 when it comes to movement, gravity and speed.

This is good news, actually. The similarity to UT99 will attract a lot of UT99 players, and the UT2k4 will switch anyway, finally uniting the two instagib communities. (something that is badly needed)

Even in the far off chance that Epic somehow badly messes up instagib, it wouldn't take a coder more than 15mins to code an instagib mutator that is identical to UT99.
                        Fire the shock rifle in UT2004.

Now fire the super shock rifle in UT2004.

SSR is CLEARLY SLOWER

I said take the shock rifle UT3 has and slightly reduce its rate of fire and you have UT3 instagib, thats how it worked in UT2003 and UT2004, and I'm pretty sure thats how it'll work in UT3

Comment

Originally posted by Drintion View Post
                          Fire the shock rifle in UT2004.

Now fire the super shock rifle in UT2004.

SSR is CLEARLY SLOWER
                          You are wrong.
                          Try actually timing it.
                          All UT games have exactly one seconds reload time @ instagib rifle.

Comment

You are wrong.
                            Try actually timing it.
                            All UT games have exactly one seconds reload time @ instagib rifle.
                            Thank you for completely missing my point

I'm saying that the super shock rifle has a slower ROF than the regular shock rifle, all you have to do is imagine the shock rifle videos we've seen from UT3, and make it's ROF less.

Is this really that hard to comprehend?

Comment

The problem is that most servers run on stock settings, so does the competition league like TWL. No one ever run the mutators even if they can be pretty cool/interesting.

Originally posted by evilmrfrank View Post
                              Don't think they will change the rate of fire... They probably want to keep the weapon similar to another weapon(Shock Rifle).
                              I say that they should put a diffrent weapon model for Instagib. Something that could be similar to the shock rifle but not exactly the same. Also keep the RoF slower than the Shock Riffle so you don't screw up the gameplay. I don't play much Instagib anymore as the netcode is horrible in UT2004 and I hate Instagib's CTF... but I do know that the shock riffle have a way too high RoF, mostly for the ammount of damage it does.

Originally posted by {DUB}VARDY View Post
                              Sometimes you better force people just like many thousand years ago a "Chiness Emperor" conquered all the little countries beside him to form what is today known as China. By this I mean that I'd rather have 1 big/decently sized community rather than 2 small community and have to learn 2 diffrent kind of gameplay depending on which server I randomly connect on.

No!

Exactly! But I gotta disagree with you on the end of ur message as I DO give a **** about the new engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X