CLan and Ranked Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLan and Ranked Matches

I was just thinking about this. I remember hearing one of the developers mention ranked matches, im guessing the more XP the higher the rank. this would be awesome some would have like 53 or 1 by thier name so you would know who is the best in UT3 or just in warslaught game mode.

Clan- i hope this gets alot of support like clan chat rooms(like IRC) so cross platform Clans could form. and maybe allow small files like a demo to be sent threw the game. i know the UT3 trailer had the "CLAN" thing in it i dont remember what the announcer said something like you are last of your clan or fight for your clan. i dont remember

if anyone has concrete info on this post it.

the trailer just talked about the storyline, so it was probably talking about your clan in the single player aspect of the game, not multiplayer or IRL.

Comment

haha, well it would be absolutely awesome if it was linked to clanbase in some way but that ofc would not happen. Are they legally allowed to advertise clanbase/TWL in-game? Cause the number of clans would more than double if they knew about it...

Comment

well irc would be an indirect approach at supporting those leagues. For CAL you need an IRC channel, so in game you can send people to your IRC channel without ever leaving the game. so then Consoles could go to IRC also without having to go to a PC. quake.net IRC gamesurge so maybe in order to use IRC in game they would either have to allow all irc or make their own ithink. does anyone know anything about IRC enough to talk about it?

Comment

Also, you could just troll around for a clan of your gametype and join. Usually (if not run or populated by asshats) it is a lot of fun and a rewarding gaming experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post
            haha, well it would be absolutely awesome if it was linked to clanbase in some way but that ofc would not happen. Are they legally allowed to advertise clanbase/TWL in-game? Cause the number of clans would more than double if they knew about it...
            that would be bad because twl blows

Comment

ya but CAL doesnt really have a large UT scene mostly CSS, Quake, battlefield and Halo2. But with a new UT3 if its easy to setup and alot of people are playing CAL and CPL would pick it up. Even though CPL's crossplatformer for competive play Serenity is comming out at the end of the year.
              i Think UT3 could become the default competive game one all systems if they do it right. Quake and Halo would be pushed aside. Isnt MGL picking up GOW? i know its on gamebattles but what fps console game isnt

Comment

Working...
              X