X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    dodge-jumping and our BR mod

Originally posted by Mrunderwonder View Post
    As someone who has played UT since the original...I can say LGIG 135/35 BR is the only gametype that has ever matched the fast-paced adrenaline rush game I had missed since the LGIG DM days of UT99. I can tell you that the learning curve was very sharp but I have seen more amazing things playing LGIG BR than any other FPS gametype. Period! It takes way more skill to run the ball in BR effectively than any other gametype. You have no weapon to defend yourself only your teamates to rely on.

To me though if you are bringing back BR you have to bring back the dodge-jump also.
    I don't want to volunteer warhead for any more coding at the moment, but he wrote a mutator for our ut2004 bonus pack that replaces the ut2003 style mutator that shipped with the game. everyone who has tried it has said that when using it, 2004 played exactly like 2003. I'm sure after the mod is released that the same can be applied to ut3. so your wishes just might come true!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by oceaN[nova] View Post
    Nope. The good old GibGames servers were by far the most popular in UT2003 BR. And its far more satisfying running your way through the enemy courtyard outdodging all your opponents, than just throwing the ball and translocating your way to it.

I agree the TL is the reason i quit playing BR no TL and it should be great with the new gameplay..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UT3sysop View Post
    Your Kidding Right? Bombing Run Sucked hehehe
    The people who say that have generally only ever played with bots offline, or didn't play online for long enough to learn or understand the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow UT3sysop that was a life changing post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UT3sysop View Post
    Best UT mod ever imo.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree with Mrunderwonder, but I think the same also applies to stock NW BR (I now play both). Yes, the dodge-jump is necessary but there is already a mutator for that.

More important is the translocator. Has it been fixed as part of this mod? The stock UT3 translocator is not remotely appropriate for BR. It must be a tool that feels almost as natural as throwing out your arm to catch the ball. The 2k3/4 translocator is pretty good and should be used as a model. The two major requirements are the following:

1. No delays. The UT3 xloc has a really lame in-built delay between any two actions. There must be NO delay before one can throw the next disk after translocating. There must be NO minimum length of translocation.
    2. Faster trajectory. The UT3 xloc is really too slow for BR.

Great job guys on getting this out so quickly. I'm interested to see how you've implemented the ball-toss (shock/flak boosting?) and lock-pass as those things will have a substantial impact on gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    relic any way to disable the sound coming from that site? Im morally against sites which ruin my current music running.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As someone who has played UT since the original...I can say LGIG 135/35 BR is the only gametype that has ever matched the fast-paced adrenaline rush game I had missed since the LGIG DM days of UT99. I can tell you that the learning curve was very sharp but I have seen more amazing things playing LGIG BR than any other FPS gametype. Period! It takes way more skill to run the ball in BR effectively than any other gametype. You have no weapon to defend yourself only your teamates to rely on.

To me though if you are bringing back BR you have to bring back the dodge-jump also.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi all,

New pics of the BR mod taking shape. Breakthroughs are happening hour by hour due to warhead's genius coding skillz. the HUD is now functional, as is the scoring and ball radar systems. As soon as I get some working code, I will apply it to Heroes Of Anubis and prepare a demo clip for everyone to evaluate !

Thanks to the community for your continued support ! It really means a lot to us.

www.relicsut.com - project wormhole

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [EX3]Cobra_XP View Post
    OK Ladies and Gents
    BR is almost done. {FS}W@rhe@d has made BR for UT3 with help from {FS}Relic who has made "Heroes of Anubis". Heroes of Anubis is a remake of the BR alltime classic "Anubis". Screenies are here http://www.relicsut.com under "Project Wormhole". These guys have been bustin there butts on this. They will be going into beta testing soon. Thank you {FS}W@rHe@d and {FS}Relic for all your hard work
    Announce it in the Full Releases forum when its done! Please

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK Ladies and Gents
    BR is almost done. {FS}W@rhe@d has made BR for UT3 with help from {FS}Relic who has made "Heroes of Anubis". Heroes of Anubis is a remake of the BR alltime classic "Anubis". Screenies are here http://www.relicsut.com under "Project Wormhole". These guys have been bustin there butts on this. They will be going into beta testing soon. Thank you {FS}W@rHe@d and {FS}Relic for all your hard work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If no one else has brought it up, there was an option to turn off the ball drain in '04 people. That wasn't anything you were stuck with on all servers. You can go to the PAIN server for '04 right now and play that way.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BR is an awesome gametype. I remember all I ever played online during 03 and 04 was iBR.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for working on a new gametype

just ignore the people complaining

Leave a comment:

Working...
X