Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bombing Run Rules!

Comment

i always liked bombing run .. its like a football/soccer game play. but no 1 played BR in ut2k4 .. hope I see some BR servers in ut3

Comment

EX3 is the Bombing run clan I joined 2 1/2 years ago waiting for UT3. Bombing Run turned out to be a very big community, made of some great players.Im sure if you hopped in a insta gib bombing run server (with NBL settings) and tried it out you'd find out how much fun we've had playing mostly IGBR for 2 1/2years...

[EX3]Cobra_XP masterminded this plan to keep us all playing till UT3 .....it worked bro..........

thanks everyone for playing UT...............wooooooooooot!

www.ex3clan.com

Comment

As one of the few freakers who still plays Bombing Run 2K4 everyday, I'd like to see a good mod of it for UT3.

Our server is Reg Weps, transdrain on. We've been debating if we would do a CTF UT3 server, but I'd much rather host Bombing Run if it's available.

Anyway the Bombing Run UT2K4 server will stay up and running for the few and the freaky that like to play.

Kudos to anyone who can build a good BR mod! And PASS THE **** BALL!

Comment

BR seemed to go in 2 stages as far as iBR went. In UT2003 and early UT2004 it was trans iBR that was played. In UT2004, 2005 non trans iBR became hugh. Just in EX3 servers alone 34,000 matches we played from 2005-2007. We had a National Bombingrun League (NBL for short) with long seasons that spanned from season 1 Sept '06-Jan '07 and seaon 2 May '07-Sept '07. We have also had lots of 2v2, 3v3, 3-Point and Slam Dunk contests. When iCTF, iDM and ONS died for many, they turned to BR. As clans died off the BR community grew.
            I don't know were Epic got the idea BR was dead when it got stronger as the other parts of the game died. 34,000+ matches from EX3, 30,000+ matches from IYF, 20,000+ from CrazyUncleBob, 11,000+ from uXc, 10,000+ from {AW} and 9,000+ from (A.S.S). Thats just matches from the top servers from 2005 to present.
            I would like to thank Catzenjaeger and all the others at www.bombingrun.org for helping keep BR alive.
            Also props to all the clans that helped keep BR going and CrazyUncleBob.

Comment

We defiantly need BR for UT3!! I know somebody will make it if Epic doesn't.

Comment

Agreed. BR is an important gametype. It is what has kept UT2004 alive for the
                last year really. At least among the last remaining clans.

Comment

I'm all for a Bombing Run mod too. BR might be lots of fun with UT99-2 movement. The other mod we need is a Classic Domination mod.

Comment

Originally posted by AgouraSteve View Post
                    Agreed. BR is an important gametype. It is what has kept UT2004 alive for the
                    last year really. At least among the last remaining clans.
                    WE WANT BR !!!!

Comment

YES! I love bombing run

Comment

Now that I think about it, I should have said "among the clans in the USA".

I don't know much about Euro clans, but am familiar with 90 percent of the
                        American Clans, and BR is the gametype that has seen the most activity.
                        There are always some Random ONS, VCTF, CTF. mod games etc.
                        But in the last year, almost every American clan that I know of has competed in BR.
                        The exception being the more "specialized" gametype Clans.
                        It has been the most popular gametype overall for the clans.
                        The other games are played in between BR matches!

Just wanted to clarify my comments. I have been very involved in the UT
                        community for the last almost 3 years now. I know what I am talking about as
                        far as American Clans go, anyway.

If gamespy is not reporting enough relative BR play, it is mostly because it is
                        picking up Non-Clan play.

BR is not a Red-headed step-child of UT, but rather a highly regarded gametype
                        amongst the truest of true blue UT Players/fans/loyalists.
                        The "Clan" Players.

I guess the statistics were not represented to reflect the longtime, hard core
                        players. The Bombing run league was huge. Encompassing many clans.
                        The support for the gametype is there. And yes, if Epic does not step up to
                        the plate and deliver to the loyalists what it is that they want, and need,
                        no doubt it will be created regardless. Because there are so many that want
                        and/or need this game type to move forward to purchase the newer
                        version of the game.

It is tragic that Epic is not more in tune with the Clan community in the US,
                        to know their customers better then some statistics that represent people
                        that do not continue to play the game on a regular and ongoing basis.

I hope that the modding community will make pace with this MOD.
                        I know that if they don't, undoubtedly the many talented programmers in our
                        clan will come up with something.
                        It will happen. It is not an "If" question, but assuredly a "When" question.

Comment

BOMING RUN ROCKS!

The IG Gun Rocks also!!!!!..................Woot!!!

Comment

BR and DOM were my least favorite game types tbh. I hope you guys do well with this (and maybe add something new along the way)

I'll definitely keep a lookout for this. Who knows, you might make a Conversion :P

Comment

Yeah, i'm not a big fan of bombing run, prefer CTF and all that.
                              But ah well, hope it works out for all of you big BR fans! i'll probably give it a shot aswell (↑ not a lie, i'm bein serious )

Comment

sure we will work on a BR mod soon as possible. Sorry but atm we wait of the full

www.BombingRun.org

Comment

Working...
                                X