BombingRun Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
    Take a lesson from the Assault 2k3 team. They made an Assault mod for 2k3, and, on its most active online day, it had exactly zero servers. This mod was very, very close to UT1's assault mode; far closer in feel than the 2k4 version. A great effort, but a complete waste of time, since nobody supported it with maps or servers. For all their clamoring, the "hardcore" Assault community didn't support the mod at all.

Save the hours of your life. You'll never get them back.
    If I remember right, it was also buggy as hell

Comment

Originally posted by Catzenjaeger View Post
      www.BombingRun.org is proud to announce BombingRun for Unreal Tournament 3. BombingRun, abbreviated as BR, is a team-based gametype. Each level has one ball in the middle of the play field. The objective is to pick up the ball, deliver it to the enemy base and fire it through their goal. You must also defend your own goal to prevent the enemy from scoring. The ball is dropped when a player is killed and can then be picked up by anyone on either team. BR in UT2003/4 has not gained much popularity and Epic Games discontinue the gametype in Unreal Tournament 3. So we plan to adapt BR from UT2003/4 on unreal Tournament 3.
      This is great news. Make it just like Ut2k4 BR, and that would be awesome. Keep the TL, of course, and make sure ball launcher drains the TL and that's that. For the instagib peeps (of which I am NOT), I'm sure a simple mutator will be available in UT3. So, those who like insta gib BR can sill play it too.

My clan makes classic BR maps (with weapons, not insta). Check them out here: http://www.ctclan.us

Thanks to the OP! Keep up the good BR work!

Comment

Originally posted by JimRimya View Post
        Make it just like Ut2k4 BR, and that would be awesome.
        disagree 100%, if your gonna make a mod for a mode which totally failed, atleast change it. The only way it's gonna be successful is if you get the community to test it and then have the time and effort to put in what is clearly missing.

if u make it popular, i'll be really impressed.

Comment

Can this mod implement the 2k4 version of dropping the translocator count to -2 please? Except for 1 on 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
            Take a lesson from the Assault 2k3 team. They made an Assault mod for 2k3, and, on its most active online day, it had exactly zero servers. This mod was very, very close to UT1's assault mode; far closer in feel than the 2k4 version. A great effort, but a complete waste of time, since nobody supported it with maps or servers. For all their clamoring, the "hardcore" Assault community didn't support the mod at all.

Save the hours of your life. You'll never get them back.
            I think it's hard for anybody to disput this. It's hard to get players for just about any mod to stick around for a long time. Not to mention that this is a gametype that most people didn't like in the first place.

However, I still think such a project can be worthwhile. I think the joy is in simply knowing that it exists, not to mention the experience of making it. Just don't get delusional thinking that everyone will love to play this BR mod and it will revitalize the gametype into a thriving community. It just isn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
              That's a shame, bombing run is awful. Why not put your efforts into creating a DOM mod for ut3 with the ut99 style domination mode/maps.
              I don't have a problem with Bombing Run--but yeah--we could most definitely using a UT99 style Domination mod, too, and it would be popular.

Comment

Originally posted by »madMar†y» View Post
                Not just Bombing run ..in CTF the shieldgun is also very nessesairy to get the flag to the other side. I wonder how CTF will be in UT3 without the shieldgun, but that´s a different topic.
                Let me put it this way...CTF in the original UT did not have the shield gun...and it was a huge hit...and many UT99 players who tried UT 2003 and UT 2004 despised the shield gun and regarded the original UT as being far, far superior to UT 2003 and UT 2004. Also, the UT99 servers had over 3000 players on the public CTF servers almost 24/7 two years after the game's release whereas you'll find few players on the servers for UT 2003 and UT 2004 two years after their releases. In fact, it's very possible that UT99 has more CTF activity today (and certainly far, far more clanner-style pick-up-game matches) than UT 2004 does today.

Will CTF be OK without the shield gun? The evidence seems pretty clear.

Comment

Of course it will be ok. It will be more about fragging and defence than about running and offence. But if its fun I will play it and enjoy it

Comment

Hey this is BioHaZarD if you guys are really going to make this ut3 mod i'm going to be surely the first one to test it,
                    -LiD- clan has always been an iBR clan till the day it died, then we had to move to iCTF oh well if iBR comes back we get our old pwn team back for sure!

Thanks for your efforts in reviving the community
                    I hope TOS, H, and omega(ownage iBR clans) will also come back to play the best gametype (my opinion) in the ut200x series.

Btw all iDMmers stay away from this please

Cheers,

-LiD-BioHaZarD @ lostindarkness.net

Comment

BioHaZarD - you are welcome

Comment

ye, CTF was far, far better without the shield gun. u had to help your team-mates kill those chasing u, rather running than away holding down the mouse button.

Comment

why the hell is every1 complaining, if you dont wanna play this mod, dont download it. I personally am lookin forward to it, i luved original BR in ut04.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadPool View Post
                            why the hell is every1 complaining, if you dont wanna play this mod, dont download it. I personally am lookin forward to it, i luved original BR in ut04.
                            Nothing better to do it seems alot of people do complain though its not always the same people. It happens alot online these days, Im looking forward to this mod as well

Comment

Why do precisely that which Epic chose not to do this time around: spread the community thin?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                                Why do precisely that which Epic chose not to do this time around: spread the community thin?
                                Did you run this through Babelfish a couple of times before posting?

Comment

Working...
                                X