BombingRun Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    The hammer provides no protection worth mentioning.
    In other words the only protection you have is killing the enemy first.
    That worked fine in UT99. In fact, it meant the game required more teamwork because nicking the flag by yourself is a lot harder.
    Actually, the hammer provided the best protection there was... hammer jumping/launching out of the scene to get away from snipers/attackers while you had the flag. It was even more critical in AS, which ALSO needs to be brought back in it's UT99 prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Catzenjaeger View Post
      we need helpers (coder + mapper) plz contact me or write a message on www.bombingrun.org
      Ill map as soon as I get my new gfx card seeing how the editor doesnt support my graphics card :x ffs !

Comment

Hi all, don't know why this wasn't mentioned earlier but...

Over at The Reliquary, we almost have the BR gametype working in Unreal Tournament 3. We do not have a release date set yet, as we are still deep in development. Once the mod is fully working, and we have it tweaked the way we want it, it will release as a beta along with a recreation of BR-Anubis. The new Anubis, renamed BR-HeroesOfAnubis, is a total recreation of the classic map and is not ported from UT2004. The layout is the same, so is the weapon and pickup layout. The theme however has changed. For the latest pictures of the map and news on the mod's progress, visit http://www.relicsut.com

Although we cannot promise a release date, we expect to have a beta map and working beta code within a month. If any other mappers would like to join our efforts, so that we can release more than one map with the mod, contact me so we can discuss it.

Merry Christmas to all and take care!

Relic
        (project leader, mapper, server admin, FileFront UTFiles staff member)

http://www.relicsut.com - project wormhole link
        more news on our forum at http://relic74.proboards98.com/index.cgi

Comment

thanks for working on a new gametype

just ignore the people complaining

Comment

BR is an awesome gametype. I remember all I ever played online during 03 and 04 was iBR.

Comment

If no one else has brought it up, there was an option to turn off the ball drain in '04 people. That wasn't anything you were stuck with on all servers. You can go to the PAIN server for '04 right now and play that way.

Comment

OK Ladies and Gents
                BR is almost done. {FS}W@rhe@d has made BR for UT3 with help from {FS}Relic who has made "Heroes of Anubis". Heroes of Anubis is a remake of the BR alltime classic "Anubis". Screenies are here http://www.relicsut.com under "Project Wormhole". These guys have been bustin there butts on this. They will be going into beta testing soon. Thank you {FS}W@rHe@d and {FS}Relic for all your hard work

Comment

Originally posted by [EX3]Cobra_XP View Post
                  OK Ladies and Gents
                  BR is almost done. {FS}W@rhe@d has made BR for UT3 with help from {FS}Relic who has made "Heroes of Anubis". Heroes of Anubis is a remake of the BR alltime classic "Anubis". Screenies are here http://www.relicsut.com under "Project Wormhole". These guys have been bustin there butts on this. They will be going into beta testing soon. Thank you {FS}W@rHe@d and {FS}Relic for all your hard work
                  Announce it in the Full Releases forum when its done! Please

Comment

Hi all,

New pics of the BR mod taking shape. Breakthroughs are happening hour by hour due to warhead's genius coding skillz. the HUD is now functional, as is the scoring and ball radar systems. As soon as I get some working code, I will apply it to Heroes Of Anubis and prepare a demo clip for everyone to evaluate !

Thanks to the community for your continued support ! It really means a lot to us.

www.relicsut.com - project wormhole

Comment

As someone who has played UT since the original...I can say LGIG 135/35 BR is the only gametype that has ever matched the fast-paced adrenaline rush game I had missed since the LGIG DM days of UT99. I can tell you that the learning curve was very sharp but I have seen more amazing things playing LGIG BR than any other FPS gametype. Period! It takes way more skill to run the ball in BR effectively than any other gametype. You have no weapon to defend yourself only your teamates to rely on.

To me though if you are bringing back BR you have to bring back the dodge-jump also.

Comment

relic any way to disable the sound coming from that site? Im morally against sites which ruin my current music running.

Comment

I agree with Mrunderwonder, but I think the same also applies to stock NW BR (I now play both). Yes, the dodge-jump is necessary but there is already a mutator for that.

More important is the translocator. Has it been fixed as part of this mod? The stock UT3 translocator is not remotely appropriate for BR. It must be a tool that feels almost as natural as throwing out your arm to catch the ball. The 2k3/4 translocator is pretty good and should be used as a model. The two major requirements are the following:

1. No delays. The UT3 xloc has a really lame in-built delay between any two actions. There must be NO delay before one can throw the next disk after translocating. There must be NO minimum length of translocation.
                          2. Faster trajectory. The UT3 xloc is really too slow for BR.

Great job guys on getting this out so quickly. I'm interested to see how you've implemented the ball-toss (shock/flak boosting?) and lock-pass as those things will have a substantial impact on gameplay.

Comment

Your Kidding Right? Bombing Run Sucked hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by UT3sysop View Post
                              Your Kidding Right? Bombing Run Sucked hehehe
                              Best UT mod ever imo.

Comment

Wow UT3sysop that was a life changing post.

Comment

Working...
                                X