BombingRun Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ne_skaju View Post
    Not all maps in UT2004 were bad. take canyon for example. Also there are custom BR maps. Competitive groups should not play only on standart maps.
    Canyon is not actually a 2k4 map, it came in the 2k3 Epic Bonus Pack. However, it is widely disliked because it's terribly unbalanced (blue will win 99% of the time) and IMO it wouldn't be much good even if it was! In fact the good 2k4 maps (the ones favoured by most competitive communities, i.e. ngnw100/trans, igng100/trans, lgig135/trans, ngnw100/notrans) were actually 2k3 maps with negligible changes if any, namely Anubis, TwinTombs, Skyline, Disclosure and Icefields. The new 2k4 maps were Colossus, Serenity and BridgeOfFate, and as far as I'm aware Colossus is the only one of those with any degree of popularity, and even then it's only with the very small 2k4 demo community for whom it's the only map anyway!

As for custom maps, the only competitive group I've known to regularly play matches on custom maps is the lgig135/notrans community who play mostly arena maps. Custom maps can be fun, but the general quality of Epic's UT2003 BR maps was very high so they are preferred.

Comment

Any word on the BR Mod ??? Just wondering with the full game right around the corner.

Comment

BR is fine wheres my Invasion mod?

Comment

Bombing run in UT3 is a good initiative. But UT3 has got a lot of drawbacks now, movements can't give you the same high level of tricks than in unreal 2003/2004.

Do you intend to create new maps, or adapt existants for ut3?

Comment

Hey Jacob, Rmbr Me Poet Lrq !!!!!!!!! You Are Still Onto Br, Me To Id Love To See Br Trans In Ut3 !!! Are You Still In The Usa ??!! Hows Uni And Everything Lol Yeah Br Trans Ftw !!! Ut3 Version Of Anubis Powwwww (ur Fav Map Haha)

Comment

Originally posted by PPmarcel View Post
              Bombing run in UT3 is a good initiative. But UT3 has got a lot of drawbacks now, movements can't give you the same high level of tricks than in unreal 2003/2004.

Do you intend to create new maps, or adapt existants for ut3?
              There already mutators to change that, dodge jump, multi wall dodge and a multi jump mutator !!!

Comment

Yay bombing run! Not my personally favorite but fun to play.

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
                  Hey Jacob, Rmbr Me Poet Lrq !!!!!!!!! You Are Still Onto Br, Me To Id Love To See Br Trans In Ut3 !!! Are You Still In The Usa ??!! Hows Uni And Everything Lol Yeah Br Trans Ftw !!! Ut3 Version Of Anubis Powwwww (ur Fav Map Haha)
                  Hi man, yeah I'm in the US for another year and uni's going well .

Tbh I don't hold out much hope for UT3 BR. I can see it taking a very long time to release and never being more than a pale imitation of the original. Hopefully Cat et al. will prove me wrong .

Comment

I wonder if it would be worth considering some sort of collaboration with the Deathball team Cat? You will both need a ball, a ball launcher and a lock-passing system.

Comment

Hi Jim and Sal,

Are you guys still BR, I had a long break.
                      Nice maps you guys have got there. Great job.

Voidy

Comment

I never played a whole lot of BR in 2003/2004. I might try it out some more this time around though. Hope you guys make an awesome mod, good luck.

Comment

Two thumbs up for BR reincarnation in UT3 with default UT2003 demo settings, with room for customization the way you want. UT2004 never was the same, only tam mod, kept me coming back, to UT2004, with hope to see in UT3 some BR, proper one (UT2003 style one). And this hope is still alive... Because i am reading this topic, and, what rare is, writing comment (which usually i don't do at all). I hope, that BR will make its way in UT3, the way TAM succeeded in UT2004 (best example, that mod can achieve a lot in UT). I just want to wish all the best luck to all BR creators (moders) in UT3. AMBO, BR >>TAM, and you all know it...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                            Hi man, yeah I'm in the US for another year and uni's going well .

Tbh I don't hold out much hope for UT3 BR. I can see it taking a very long time to release and never being more than a pale imitation of the original. Hopefully Cat et al. will prove me wrong .
                            I agree, I too am not fond of a buggy or not so good imitation so I wish you guys luck on this. I still rather epic made this themselves in a patch or a bonus pack, they dont even have to make any maps. WE JUST WANT THE GAME TYPE- We should start a partition or w/e its called and try to convince epic too make BR.

Comment

I like BR in 2004. Takes a while to appriciate it, or at least it did for me. But it's pretty fun and a good alternative when the other gametypes begin to bore you. By the way......i friggin HATE translocators ! I hope the SP game will eventually have the option to turn it off like 2004.

Comment

we need helpers (coder + mapper) plz contact me or write a message on www.bombingrun.org

Comment

Working...
                                X