BombingRun Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BombingRun Announcement

www.BombingRun.org is proud to announce BombingRun for Unreal Tournament 3. BombingRun, abbreviated as BR, is a team-based gametype. Each level has one ball in the middle of the play field. The objective is to pick up the ball, deliver it to the enemy base and fire it through their goal. You must also defend your own goal to prevent the enemy from scoring. The ball is dropped when a player is killed and can then be picked up by anyone on either team. BR in UT2003/4 has not gained much popularity and Epic Games discontinue the gametype in Unreal Tournament 3. So we plan to adapt BR from UT2003/4 on unreal Tournament 3.

For more media and information about BombingRun check out our website at www.BombingRun.org and join our community forums.

LINK: www.BombingRun.org
    MODDB LINK: http://mods.moddb.com/8959/bombingrun/

No translocator please!

Comment

Originally posted by oceaN[nova] View Post
      No translocator please!
      You're kidding, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mardok View Post
        You're kidding, right?
        Nope. The good old GibGames servers were by far the most popular in UT2003 BR. And its far more satisfying running your way through the enemy courtyard outdodging all your opponents, than just throwing the ball and translocating your way to it.

Comment

So... are you going to make a Mod for UT3?

Comment

Originally posted by Catzenjaeger View Post
            www.BombingRun.org is proud to announce BombingRun for Unreal Tournament 3.
            That's a shame, bombing run is awful. Why not put your efforts into creating a DOM mod for ut3 with the ut99 style domination mode/maps.

Comment

Does this mean we'll see the return of the shieldgun in UT3? noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Just kidding, the shieldgun was made for bombing run

Comment

Originally posted by Catzenjaeger View Post
                BR in UT2003/4 has not gained much popularity...
                Not in player numbers, that is correct. But those who managed to climb the pretty much vertical learning curve awaited a fast and incredibly fun gaming experience. I'll most certainly download and play this Mod. <insert 3-thumbs-up smiley here>

To those that dislike the gametype or have no idea about their mechanics (that's you, Mons):

Simply do not download it.

That's all. Don't interfere with our fun, and we won't disturb yours either.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                  Does this mean we'll see the return of the shieldgun in UT3? noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Just kidding, the shieldgun was made for bombing run
                  Not just Bombing run ..in CTF the shieldgun is also very nessesairy to get the flag to the other side. I wonder how CTF will be in UT3 without the shieldgun, but that´s a different topic.

Comment

Originally posted by »madMar†y» View Post
                    Not just Bombing run ..in CTF the shieldgun is also very nessesairy to get the flag to the other side. I wonder how CTF will be in UT3 without the shieldgun, but that´s a different topic.
                    I imagine it will be similar to the original UT. Run to base, get flag, run back to base, cap.

Comment

Originally posted by »madMar†y» View Post
                      Well yeah but CTF in UT99 played fine with the hammer.

Originally posted by Taleweaver View Post
                      To those that dislike the gametype or have no idea about their mechanics (that's you, Mons):
                      Whats that sposed to mean, I actually like bombing run too bad the bots suck cause I aint go no one else to play against. Infact I like BR better then DDom, mind you cDom is better,,,

I guess some people just dont like assisting others, its called teamplay@

Comment

And its far more satisfying running your way through the enemy courtyard outdodging all your opponents, than just throwing the ball and translocating your way to it.
                        UT2k3 the last time you played BR?
                        You can't translocate after throwing the ball in UT2k4.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                          Well yeah but CTF in UT99 played fine with the hammer.
                          Don't know...I don't really know what kind of weapon the Hammer was in UT, though it doesn't sound like a shield I guess you're right, the Hammer is probably some sort of a protection weapon and I just read somewhere that it's the replacement of the shieldgun.

Comment

The hammer provides no protection worth mentioning.
                            In other words the only protection you have is killing the enemy first.
                            That worked fine in UT99. In fact, it meant the game required more teamwork because nicking the flag by yourself is a lot harder.

Comment

Nope. The good old GibGames servers were by far the most popular in UT2003 BR. And its far more satisfying running your way through the enemy courtyard outdodging all your opponents, than just throwing the ball and translocating your way to it.
                              The GibGames may be popular, but by the way the mod looks, it's not a Gib.

Also, have you even played BR in 2004? They got rid of that feature, whenever you toss the ball, your Xloc count goes down to -2, so you have to wait 3 passes until you can translocate again. That feature made BR a lot more about passing to teammates in 2004. Go play it sometime, Crazy Uncle Bob and UUT & Friends are two good servers. The rest are just Gib servers.

Comment

Working...
                              X