Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many players?

How many were on the demo playing vCTF.

And is there any indication if the server load for UT3 will be higher or lower than UT2004.

(e.g. for rainbow 6 vegas, how does the multiplayer server load compare with ut2004)

VCTF was not included in the demo. For your second question, it's too early to tell.

Comment

he's maybe talking about the demo from back then (where hal played)

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
        How many were on the demo playing vCTF.

And is there any indication if the server load for UT3 will be higher or lower than UT2004.

(e.g. for rainbow 6 vegas, how does the multiplayer server load compare with ut2004)
        Well, due to the fact that things become more complicated as stuff moves on, I'd imagine that the server load would be increased from games past. I can't imagine that it would be a HUGE amount greater though. The server still has a very specific task that as a WHOLE doesn't change much.

UT3 will probably need a bit more of a server to run in because you're going to see a lot more action/movement/objects in general than you would see on an RB6 server. More players too most likely. However, I'm no expert so don't take that for gospel... I could totally be misunderstanding the server requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
          VCTF was not included in the demo. For your second question, it's too early to tell.
          It's not too early to tell... They just haven't told us.

My God we've been looking at screenshots and videos for months and months now... It looks finished to me. RELEASE THE DEMO ALREADY EPIC! FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by toniglandyl View Post
            he's maybe talking about the demo from back then (where hal played)
            Ahh, in that case, I can't answer that.

Comment

server loads is something i am wondering about as well!
              And also server slot's i am hoping 64 slots! but happy with 32 still...

Going to test run my servers later this week on UT2004 running nothing but the best maps that have been made by the community, with five 32 slots servers...should be interesting

Comment

I know this is from a Xbox source, but Mike Capps says they are "Shooting for 32 players on the 360/PS3, and more on the PC."

It's here at about the 4minutes 30seconds mark

Comment

Yep, it was Hal's journalist LAN game that I was referring to.

But more than 32 will be very very impressive.

Comment

64 all the way! Don't let down the PC version due to the consoles.

Comment

2ND all of that 32 players per a team!!! wow!

Comment

If we see 64v64 by anychance, clientside netcode would be a must. Which I generally like it that way anyway

Comment

That would be pretty overkill.

Comment

I think 32v32 would be total overkill. 16v16 is bad enough... The most i can ever enjoy playing is 10v10

Comment

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
                              I think 32v32 would be total overkill. 16v16 is bad enough... The most i can ever enjoy playing is 10v10
                              10v10 conquest? I can understand that for a public tdm server or somthing but for conquest thats just to little.

Comment

Working...
                              X