X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need to ask.

Hey,
    I've played the UT series since I can remember, and I do know it was avaliable for the Mac,

Please tell me I wil lbe able to play UT3 on a Mac, I was going to sell my POS PC(it's being a piece of junk) and buy a Mac.

Thanks for the input.

Bootcamp anyone?

Comment

buy a better pc?

Comment

Yea I see no reason for just buying a new PC, then you wouldnt have to worry about anything.

From the sound of your post it sounds like your a Mac fan. No biggie, if I were one though I'd still get a PC for gaming and keep the Mac for other uses.
        PC's are a much easier choice and a better choice for gaming.

PS: I'm sure UT3 will be supported for Macs, but the map editor may not 0_0

Comment

You can run Windows on Macs nowadays. So I wouldn't worry too much.

Comment

By the way, how the hell do you alt-fire with a Mac mouse, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
              You can run Windows on Macs nowadays. So I wouldn't worry too much.
              There is still a reason to worry because we don't know what system specs will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                By the way, how the hell do you alt-fire with a Mac mouse, anyway?
                Well, if I was playing games on my Macs, I'd use a gaming mouse. They all work with OS X anyway. However, the way you "right click" with those stupid one button mice is by holding CTRL and then clicking. I'd like to see somone trying that in UT.

Comment

There may or may not be a mac version. I wouldn't be surprised by it but I wouldn't count on it either. With Bootcamp out they may not see OSX support as a priority. That's just speculation though.

IMHO, with a game like UT3, it'd be worth your time to build a dedicated Gaming PC and have your mac separate, if at all. If you decide not to get a mac at all, you can build a HECK of a gaming machine that would run UT3 like a champ for less than what it would cost you to build a mac capable of just "running" the game.

Macs are inherently far more expensive than PCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
                    There may or may not be a mac version. I wouldn't be surprised by it but I wouldn't count on it either. With Bootcamp out they may not see OSX support as a priority. That's just speculation though.

IMHO, with a game like UT3, it'd be worth your time to build a dedicated Gaming PC and have your mac separate, if at all. If you decide not to get a mac at all, you can build a HECK of a gaming machine that would run UT3 like a champ for less than what it would cost you to build a mac capable of just "running" the game.

Macs are inherently far more expensive than PCs.
                    Agreed. Unless Macs get a decent gaming graphics card, you can build or buy a Windows PC for much less with better performance. The only thing Windows has over OS X and Linux is games.

There was a rumor going around that ATI's latest card would be in the Mac Pro. My guess is it won't be, but if you are going to buy a Mac, wait a few months until the World Wide Dev Conference has passed. All Mac computers are overdue for an update.

Few numbers to consider: The "Mac Pro", which is the computer I'd use for gaming (over the iMac which I use for work), starts at £1,445.96 in the UK. My dedicated gaming PC for £900~ has an 8800GTX and Dual core CPU.

The only advantage of the Mac Pro for this task is the 4 cores it has. But for a little bit more, I could have 4 cores too.

I'd recommend using OS X for anything other than games. It has a few good ones...but Windows wins in this department.

Comment

Originally posted by The5thviruz View Post
                      Well, if I was playing games on my Macs, I'd use a gaming mouse. They all work with OS X anyway. However, the way you "right click" with those stupid one button mice is by holding CTRL and then clicking. I'd like to see somone trying that in UT.
                      One could always have a friend come over to sit next to him, pushing the CTRL button at the appropriate moment.

Comment

Or you could buy a pettle for your foot and set it up to act as your ctrl button, then you could use your feet!

Comment

For me to build a new PC, it would cost a good $6000, I don't got that kind of money by the time UT3 comes out. And as for alt fire you know the Mac mouse is actually two button hey?

Comment

Since when is a gaming quality MAC (mis-nomer) cheaper than PC?

While Apple does make fine graphic workstations they are not ideal for gaming.

I would say the Xbox 360 is a better financial alternative for UT3 if a gaming rig is out of your budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonitin View Post
                              For me to build a new PC, it would cost a good $6000, I don't got that kind of money by the time UT3 comes out. And as for alt fire you know the Mac mouse is actually two button hey?
                              No idea why it would cost you $6000...

While the "mighty mouse" that comes with new Macs has 4 buttons, I still wouldn't recommend it for gaming.

Comment

Working...
                              X