Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there was a Special/Collector's/Limited Edition would you get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there was a Special/Collector's/Limited Edition would you get it?

You can pick from the following options:

No - Regular version is fine with me: Choose this if you will just get the regular version whatever happens.
    Yes - If it has different packaging and/or discs: Pick this option if you will get the Special version if it just comes with a different case i.e. a tin one and maybe specially labeled discs too or maybe on a HD-DVD or Blu-ray format though that ain't likely.
    Yes - If it has additional content: Go with this one if you will purchase it if it has additional content such as VTM's or a making of DVD.
    Maybe - I can wait for a later version: Pick this if you are willing to wait for a later version to come out. This has happened with UT1's GOTYE and UT2004's ECE in the past.

Personally I would get if it had plenty of enjoyable and worthwhile extras that would justify the extra price. I also hope that it will not be an America-only affair like the UT2004 special edition was.

Yes, assuming the game is not ruined by console compatibility.

Comment

I'd just need some special looking covers to buy one. Of course if it just says 'limited edition' and has only little changes I'll go with the normal.

The tin (napkinholder) case on the UT2004SE version was a nice idea, but I was expecting more like an actual box you could open and close like a small crate.

Content-wise, I sure do hope a version with included copy of "Mastering Unreal" would appear, or maybe another DVD filled with tutorials, concept art, trailers and such.

Nothing too big, not something too little to notice, then I'd buy it.

Comment

Not me, if you need a special/collector's edition you need to pre-order and i hate that.

Day of release i just walk in store and buy it.

Comment

options 2+3 in one.

Comment

I say 3:yes (for content), but I'd be, err, 'content' with a regular version if the ECE-equivalent was available for download.

Comment

Yes please!

Comment

Had to order my UT2004 SE from the US.

Yes.

I just hope Europe doesn't get screwed this time. Also, no cheap foil packaging please.

Comment

Well ideally it would be nice just to have a special edition marking like 10 years of the Unreal franchise or something. Kinda like a special standard edition if that makes sense, just hype the hell out of it and give everyone something alittle extra even if it is just for the PC version.

I would wear a UT3 tshirt proudly

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                    Yes, assuming the game is not ruined by console compatibility.
                    lol right on

Comment

For now, I would just be happy with the plain ole vanilla UT3....

Comment

I just but first aviable licenced version of game, patches and custom content I can download later.

Comment

I'll watch the box just the time between unpacking and putting the dvd into my drive. The installation is covered by reading the manual (yes, I'm one those few which still do this ), so I don't really see the point in paying more for a nice looking one. For me one of these cheap cases made out of paper would be sufficient.
                          If there is some useful addition stuff in it, the edition might have a chance, but only if it doesn't arrive after the simple edition.

Comment

Yes.

pee-ree-od.

Comment

I would probably every version they put out. You can never have too many copies of UT.

Comment

Working...
                              X