New controller - Brain power - and UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New controller - Brain power - and UT3

A review of the OCZ Actuator (due out in June) seen at the CeBIT by Madshrimps: http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=551 Check out the video to see someone playing UT2004 with brainpower. Wow, there is a first time for everything

Think something like this could really change how UT3 is played?

Originally posted by Twigstir View Post
    Eventually, yes. Now, not so much.

Comment

You do realise that this thing is the biggest load of *******s since they announced an applicable form of cold fusion?

Comment

Is it April 1st already?

Comment

Originally posted by A_Spec View Post
          You do realise that this thing is the biggest load of *******s since they announced an applicable form of cold fusion?
          No it's not. There have been articles about this all over the place lately. They've been working up to stuff like this for a couple decades now. This device itself might be shady or whatever, but there ARE devices out there that pick up on Brain voltages and control a variety of things.

Comment

Originally posted by A_Spec View Post
            I saw this on Discovery over 10 years ago.
            Of course, it's not *******s.

It might actually help some people play games that they weren't able to play in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Twigstir View Post
              A review of the OCZ Actuator (due out in June)
              This IS total *******s. So he's basically using his brain to shoot? And using his mouse to aim? So WHO is moving around the level then? I don't see him using any keyboard. And Please, did you see how fast he aims and he doesnt even move the mouse sometimes? lol what a scam

Comment

Originally posted by Malevol3nt View Post
                This IS total *******s. So he's basically using his brain to shoot? And using his mouse to aim? So WHO is moving around the level then? I don't see him using any keyboard. And Please, did you see how fast he aims and he doesnt even move the mouse sometimes? lol what a scam
                The world is flat!

Comment

yea.... im sure OCZ (one of the BEST memory brands to DATE) is going to put money into a product that is complete rubbish..... think before u speak man!

Comment

Actually, I think the whole point of it is he's not using the mouse or keyboard to play. you know, the whole brain power thingy...

Comment

Great, a device that turns us into living aimbots.

Momma would be proud.

Comment

Yes, wouldn't this give us perfect aim and all that? I mean, you see a guy popping up, you think "shoot the *******!" and the guy is fried.

Anyway, personally I think that whole mind control thing is stupid. When you use a Keyboard+mouse/controller you're still actually DOING something, whereas with the brain power stuff you're just sitting there like a bag of potatoes doing nothing.

Yes, maybe this could be the future of gaming, but right now that future sounds pretty boring to me.

Comment

Actually, he should be moving fast if he is uing his brain. Instead of moving your mouse which takes time, he could easily think where he wanted to shoot.

Comment

Although this type of technology can greatly benefit persons such as Dr. Hawking, it is the wrong direction for general gaming. The U.S. Army is currently working on a holodeck-style simulator for ground combat. I can something of the sort being used in the future of electronic gaming as it may become merged with physical sports in some fashion. Oh what fun it would be to run through Coret Facility or jump off the towers in Face,all without getting that proverbial scratch.

Comment

I'd be a freaking aimbot if I got one of those, I'd get banned

Comment

Working...
                              X