Weapons locker - old and new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jrubzjeknf View Post
    So when the hell are we gonna discuss weapon lockers?
    Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
    and yeah weapons lockers should be included in CTF I rekon
    Too late hehe

Comment

at the mo im playing GOTY and dual enforcers are pretty powerful! i've got up to god-like on a killing spree before using dual enforcers

Comment

replacing the assualt rifles is ok..but why the minigun?? i like the stinger as it was and its a nice gun, but not as a replacement of the mini

Comment

Minigun doesn't fit in the scenery. All the other weapons have a wicked look to them and really fit in a futuristic gun fight. Mini looks like something your mother could go buy at Wal-Mart. Stinger FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Devastator View Post
            Minigun doesn't fit in the scenery. All the other weapons have a wicked look to them and really fit in a futuristic gun fight.
            I strongly disagree.
            IMO Unreal was never about getting rid of all contemporary weaponry just for the sake of being futuristic. Unreal Tournament had some more energy type weapons than Unreal because their functionality is more generic, i.e. you can achieve more interesting gameplay with them (there is no contemporary equivalent of a shockcombo or a weapon that has a strict maximum range before which it hurts for 100% and after which it doesn't do damage at all like the pulsegun) but weapons like miniguns, pistols and sniper rifles definitely have their place in Unreal and UT, while a gun that looks futuristic but does absolutely nothing a regular rifle can't, like the LG, really feels out of place IMO.
            The stinger however is a fairly classic weapon (both in concept and because it was in Unreal), so I don't mind it being in.

Comment

Unreal Tournament != Unreal. Unreal Tournament focuses on exotic and spectacular ways to kill, and the minigun, sniper and enforcer fall short there.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                Unreal Tournament != Unreal. Unreal Tournament focuses on exotic and spectacular ways to kill, and the minigun, sniper and enforcer fall short there.
                Oh yeah. Killing someone with the linkgun or shockrifle primary is so much more spectacular than taking his head off with the sniper or pumping him full of bullets until he explodes.
                Seriously, that's a load of bollox. Unreal and Unreal Tournament are the same universe. Maybe UT is about spectacular ways of killing people but the sci-fi weapons are no more spectacular than the conventional weapons in that sense.
                And the game is certainly not about exotic ways of killing. You're shooting people. With weapons. And if exoticism was the main purpose of the game, why would UT have the enforcer, mini and sniper in? And why would Epic bring those back? After all, UT is about whatever Epic wants it to be. And apparently they don't think the enforcers and sniper fall short.

Ready... go!

Comment

Working...
                X