• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapons locker - old and new

Hello everyone!
    I wanted to ask:

1. WHY The makers of UT:3 braught back the enforcers from UT:G.O.T.Y

2. WHY The assult rifle/s from UT:03/04 have been taken out

( if you've played 03 and 04 you will be aware they have superior fire power, rate of shots fired p/second and grenade canisters , they flowed nicely with the movement of a character with a sleek and smooth design and most importantly had minimum kick back per shot fired )

3. WTF possessed the team to take out the minigun and replace it with the stinger? iv never played the first UT but the whole point of the minigun was a constant spray of lead from a rotating set of barrels to splatter the poor recipients brains and blood against the oposing surfaces! theres allready the flak cannon, surly this is enough?

to prove my point to this question i ask you this,

how many times has your butt been saved by the minigun in either a non-vehicular or vehicular battle scinareo, deathmatch, other scinareo?

you may think im crazy or some one who likes to complain but im not, im just a stressed out UT fan who likes nothing more then a good stress buster round with several bots on a deathmatch course (ref: Morphious 3, the level with 3 galaxy scrapers in earth orbit 30 bots skill setting medium UT: 04)

if the UT3 team or skilled programmers and patch makers are out there reading this, id like to request a UT3 patch to bring back the minigun and assult rifles, id like to hear what you guys think, please pm me and i'll get back to you!

thanks,

S.

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I wanted to ask:

S.
    Because Assrifles were peanut shooters.

iv never played the first UT
    You should, then you'd understand difference between those two games.

Comment

( if you've played 03 and 04 you will be aware they have superior fire power, rate of shots fired p/second and grenade canisters , they flowed nicely with the movement of a character with a sleek and smooth design and most importantly had minimum kick back per shot fired )
      Uh .. wait .. WHAT ? Dual enforcers in UT99 was actually a viable weapon and had enough firepower to take on a guy with armor on. Assault Rifles as in UT2003 / 2004 were WAY underpowered.

3. WTF possessed the team to take out the minigun and replace it with the stinger? iv never played the first UT but the whole point of the minigun was a constant spray of lead from a rotating set of barrels to splatter the poor recipients brains and blood against the oposing surfaces! theres allready the flak cannon, surly this is enough?
      Uh .. wait .. WHAT ? You're complaining they took out the spinny-barrel-lead-shooting weapon and put in a spinny-barrel-crystal-shard-shooting weapons, and as argument you have that you miss your spinny-barrel-shooting weapon ? The Stinger takes over from the mini as medium-range very-rapid-firing projectile weapon, and you're complaining you're going to miss your medium-range very-rapid-fire weapon ? Wait and USE the stinger first, please, before whouting 'WTF posessed the team' etc. There's footage of the stinger in the more recent preview vids, and they've satisfied my concern about getting rid of the mini ..

Comment

Hello everyone!
        I wanted to ask:

1. Because Enforcers are good.

2. Because Assault Rifles are <insert censored word here>.

This should answer it, thread can now be closed.

Comment

Hello everyone!
          I wanted to ask:

S.
          Cant wait for them myself.

Comment

I actually call them assfiles because the primary fire is soo completely useless thats about the only thing they are good for lol

If they actually make them work like a rifle instead of some unsteady peashooter it would be worth bringing them back. Also a instant explosion grenade like the flak secondary but alot smaller would be alot more handy, grenades are good but Id rather throw pipebombs

and yeah weapons lockers should be included in CTF I rekon

Comment

Ah, yes... Back to the roots, baby!!!

Comment

Hello everyone!
                I wanted to ask:

to prove my point to this question i ask you this,

how many times has your butt been saved by the minigun in either a non-vehicular or vehicular battle scinareo, deathmatch, other scinareo?

you may think im crazy or some one who likes to complain but im not, im just a stressed out UT fan who likes nothing more then a good stress buster round with several bots on a deathmatch course (ref: Morphious 3, the level with 3 galaxy scrapers in earth orbit 30 bots skill setting medium UT: 04)

if the UT3 team or skilled programmers and patch makers are out there reading this, id like to request a UT3 patch to bring back the minigun and assult rifles, id like to hear what you guys think, please pm me and i'll get back to you!

thanks,

S.
                Ugh, the assault rifle was almost utterly useless. At least with the enforcer you had a chance.

The stinger is basically the minigun, primary fire is hitscan, secondary is not. I can't think of hardly any times where the mini has saved me, except for the occasional time when I shoot down the deemer. I consider that a finisher, shock shock mini finish. (even then I prefer link secondary) Honestly the mini is the newbie weapon of choice.

I don't play bots, they are too predictable and just not good enough. Of course that's offset by the ungodly aim with the link secondary, that's always LOL

I say leave out the mini, the stinger is a suitable replacement and for the love of god NEVER bring back the useless piece of *** known as the assault rifle.

Comment

id like to request a UT3 patch to bring back the minigun and assult rifles
                  Think you will have to make that patch yourself, because nobody else want it.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                    I actually call them assfiles because the primary fire is soo completely useless thats about the only thing they are good for lol

If they actually make them work like a rifle instead of some unsteady peashooter it would be worth bringing them back.
                    The Unreal 2 assault rifle was atleast useful, both primary and secondary!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregori View Post
                      Yep, they worked and looked good.

Comment

1. WHY The makers of UT:3 braught back the enforcers from UT:G.O.T.Y?
                        As you have never played UT99 i will fill you in on the enforcer/s. The enforcers were probably the best starting weapon you could have. They were powerful enough to take on an opponent with a pulse rifle (link gun) or shock rifle. However, it would be rather difficult to keep fragging with them, or take on a flak/rocket weilding opponent with much success.

So, in short, they help you survive long enough to find a good weapon pickup, or if used correctly you can kill weakened players with shots to the head and take their weapon. As far as i recall, it didn't have kickback - and another bonus - if you had used all your other weapons and were backed into a corner, you could frantically switch to the enforcer/s, turn your gun sideways like a badass, and quckly empty your magazine into your enemy.

2. WHY The assult rifle/s from UT:03/04 have been taken out?
                        The assault rifle, however, may as well have been a torch, it would have dealt as much damage. It also had the innate ability of hitting pretty much everything around your target, BUT the target itself. Oh and if that wasn't enough it had the range of a cork gun.

As other posters have implied: Stinger = Minigun - no need to over react. The only difference is instead of your precious spray of lead, you get a spray of crystal shards. But hey, who cares what your firing as long as it kills em' eh? Also we now have the added bonus of pinning enemies to the wall and watching them squirm!

Ok i hope the answers to your questions will make you realise there is no need or want for a mutator that does this. Also, wait for the game to come out before suggesting this kinda stuff - you will probably love the changes Epic are making!

Comment

I recall using dual enforcers to take out minigun wielding spawncampers on more than one occasion.

Of course, getting dual enforcers usually required that someone was spawncamping... but that's not the point.

They should put enforcers in more maps as pickups!

Comment

Enforcers have higher fire power ma friend. Secondly the stinger goes slower but more powerful. So don't worry you'll get your **** saved in UT3 by the stinger too.

Comment

1. The Enforcers were actually useful
                              2. The AR's are ****. You can barely hit a Bender with them from 160uu
                              The AR's may fire faster and have nades, but the spread of the bullets and the fuse of the nades makes the whole thing useless for anything other than close combat and even then there's better choices(Mini/Link/Flak)

3. Minigun/Stinger are basically the same. High firerate primary, slower firerate alternate. The only real difference is the Stinger AltFire is projectiles
                              Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                              Originally posted by Gregori View Post
                              Yep, they worked and looked good.
                              Obligatory quote for truth

Comment

Working...
                              X