Dreaming of UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreaming of UT3

I had a dream about UT3 yesterday. I still can’t shake it from my head.

It began when a co-worker and I were going to work in a new building complex and I’m running late.
    We go pass this console arcade and game store within the same building and my co-worker friend stops and goes in. So I’m like “hey what are you doing? We’re going to be late. I followed him in.
    I had never seen so many next-gen consoles in one place before. There PS3s on one side, 360s on the other and in the far end there was some kid going crazy with the wii. I was just standing in the mind of the room in awe. Then suddenly I heard a familiar sound.

*UT theme song plays*
    I was like no f***ing way!

A PS3 was demoing UT3! I immediately rushed over and picked up the controller.

Form the moment I sat down it was like I was in the game itself. It had a very surreal (or should I say unreal ) feeling to it. Everything was just perfect.
    Me and my friend started to play co-op and we were in third person mode a la UC:2. We were just plowing though these rows of monsters that just kept coming and coming. I don’t remember much about the weapons except I was shooting out blurs of multicoloured blasts and dishing out multiweapon combos like I was a total badass.
    I remember seeing a female Egyptian type character dodging of a wall and slamming into a hellbender with so kind of melee weapon with so much force that she knocked it over! Then flipping backwards to land on what looked like an old Aztec temple cover in vines and stuff. I remember she had hair that was blowing in the wind and I don’t mean a little ponytail but long animated hair right down to her hips.
    The last thing I remember was diving off the same kind of ancient-looking building in slow motion, spinning around just in time to see it was raining hundreds of green linkgun-like blasts.
    Then I woke up. I was just laying there thing about what should I sell to buy the game. I didn’t realize it was dreaming yet. At some point I feel asleep again.

I was now on the bridge of a spaceship or a spacestation that looked like a combination of Orbit and Deck 16. There was this announcer guy commentating a match that was going on outside. The match ended and he turns around; “next group get ready!” He looked like the host of the morning program on a local radio station. A few other players stood beside me (I can’t remember what they looked like) and then I noticed I was standing on some kind of teleportation pad. The announcer starts counting down.
    3…
    2…
    1…
    Then I go, “hey a wait a minute, since when is this guy in UT?”

I wake up again to the sound of the radio playing and realized I was only dreaming. Reality sucks

Has anyone else had a dream about UT3?

Yeah I once had a dream from UT3, many from Jedi Outcast when the game wasn't released, Half-Life 2 and probably others.

Comment

Oh boy….I haven’t had any dreams of UT3 yet. Most of my dreams are stupid stuff that makes absolutely no sense. You know. Where you are in class in your underwear. Oh no I forgot to wear my pants…..Again.

Comment

I have dreams of multiple violent tornados, where I'm floating in between them at some sort of birds eye view. I forget the rest...

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
          Oh boy….I haven’t had any dreams of UT3 yet. Most of my dreams are stupid stuff that makes absolutely no sense. You know. Where you are in class in your underwear. Oh no I forgot to wear my pants…..Again.

lmao good one

Comment

a trip into my subconsious, sponsared by tavelocity!

I have dreams that I almost get laid... DOES MY SUB CONSIOUS REALLY FIND IT NECESSARY TO TELL ME THAT I AM THIS HOPLESSLY LAME?

although the good thing to come out of it was that in one of the hopeless dreams me and chick went to a closed office to get buys and caught.... thus inventing the excuse "umm, were here for administrative duties"

i also had a dream where i was getting involved with fighting with my freinds and hurting them, a dream where I saw a guy commit suicide in a very strange place that had the elevadors break down, and a dream where I myslef died (promting me to wake up with a tingling sensation all over my body).

I've only been able to come to two conclusions, I need therapy and I have a secratary fetish.

Comment

I've had one or two Unreal dreams before, though nothing specifically to do with UT3 (yet).

Comment

I made a thread like this back in like.. 2005 was it? maybe early 2006. Evidence the game is waaaay overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
                  lmao! yea i think we all used to get those, along with those ramdom falling dreams that made you lurch out ur bed when you hit the ground - painful in reality too.

lol interesting dream Xero, but pretty tame compared to mine. (i usually have many seperate chunks of dreams in one night that i flick between, so this was only a small part which happened to be related to UT3) Anyhow i was walking down a street in Paris (god knows why) in a beautiful, calm summers day, when suddenly i heard this loud mechanical noise followed by an explosion - i looked around to my right to see a line of buildings blow out, with a darkwalker crawling up the flaming rubble towards me. Another burst of its lasers and the roof of the building infront of me was blown to pieces. The walker climbing ever closer to me, I ran through the nearest building into the next street, where i basically slammed into the side of a goliath tank. It slowly turned it's turret to look behind me at the walker, then BOOM my dream ends.

To be quite honest i probably had this dream because of watching War of the Worlds the other day (which was rubbish) but the tripods in it are awesome. Somehow they got the 'unreal' treatment in my dream so appeared as walkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                    I made a thread like this back in like.. 2005 was it? maybe early 2006. Evidence the game is waaaay overdue.
                    Yes, now bring us UTR.

Comment

I've had about 3 or 4 now. Mostly from the maps of the early screenshots.

I envy your memory to remember dreams. I cant remember anything from my dreams..

Comment

I travel quite a lot so most of my dreams are usually about travelling however I do have the occasional dream about UT2004.

I did dream that UT3 was released and you needed a graphics card called an N9000, the problem was it cost £50,000 so me and my friend broke into a factory and stole 4 of them.

This dream was set 2 weeks into the future.

In fact I recall having yet another dream about stealing a g80, not too sure why I keep dreaming about stealing graphics cards, im not a theif, I guess my subconcious mind is telling me that i need to buy a new graphics card.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_Shagwell View Post
                          In fact I recall having yet another dream about stealing a g80, not too sure why I keep dreaming about stealing graphics cards, im not a theif, I guess my subconcious mind is telling me that i need to buy a new graphics card.
                          That is funny, I don't dream about powerful computers. Beside, these months I tend to dream on my lovers... and that I am nude in class

Comment

The last UT-dream I had was about UT2k4 (after it was our for a year).

It was a few months after my father died. I was on Dawn and he was there too, but he didn't recognize me because I was wearing the XAN Mark III body armor (look at avatar for more infos).

Still waiting for an UT3 dream.

Comment

i remember i had a dream about ut3 too, like a few months ago

it was with a huge city map with tons of skyscrapers, and the ground was flooded with water about half way up the towers, but it was like in the future or something, then there were these space fighters that you could fly really fast and shoot other flying vehicles with realistic controls and land them on rooftops, it felt like a 100+ player server too, and thats pretty much all i can remember

Comment

Working...
                              X